PDA

View Full Version : Connecticut shooting,get ready for knee jerk reactions

stitchnicklas
08-03-2010, 11:11 AM
there are 9 dead plus wounded from a shooting at a beer distributorship in Connecticut.now will come a knee jerk reaction to the shooting and idiots wanting more stupid laws in cali saying "it could happen here",fricking bradys are probably drooling and trying to think of a spin they could put on this incident.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100803/ap_on_re_us/us_beer_distributor_shootings;_ylt=AnDgiybJyD0Ik5Z pCihoQums0NUE;_ylu=X3oDMTN0azBnaDVmBGFzc2V0A2FwLzI wMTAwODAzL3VzX2JlZXJfZGlzdHJpYnV0b3Jfc2hvb3RpbmdzB GNjb2RlA21vc3Rwb3B1bGFyBGNwb3MDMQRwb3MDMgRwdANob21 lX2Nva2UEc2VjA3luX3RvcF9zdG9yeQRzbGsDb2ZmaWNpYWw5a 2ls

Wherryj
08-03-2010, 11:17 AM
The Comcast forums already have people posting things like, "Legal gun owner" (not mentioned in the story) and "legal gun owners are ok until they snap."

I think that you are right. Knee jerk reactions are already happening.

Gray Peterson
08-03-2010, 11:22 AM
Connecticut has really strict gun control laws....

professorhard
08-03-2010, 11:25 AM
Connecticut has really strict gun control laws....

Impossible. Strict gun control laws stop things like this from happening.

ironpegasus
08-03-2010, 11:28 AM
Why is it that whenever you need the police around to shoot somebody, most of the time the "problem" resolves itself (by comitting suicide) before they arrive? Don't get me wrong - I support LEOs as long as they believe in the law and justice, but I fail to see where they keep me safe from the nutjobs most of the time. The above is why I want CCW reform yesterday - so that when the SHTF I'm not sitting there trying to figure out how to do what I can to preserve lives and telling myself "If only I were at home I'd have a choice of what type of puncture wound to give the bastard."
Unfortunately with the woeful state of education vis a vis firearms and safety and personal responsibility in this country you are likely right that this will probably be spun as another "guns are evil, we must destroy them before they overthrow the world!!!" moment in history. Funny thing is, don't these types of things normally happen when some pro-2A legislation/ruling comes down? Or did we win something that I don't know about? Just sayin'.
<Grabs tinfoil hat>

stitchnicklas
08-03-2010, 11:34 AM
if would be really great if california would start ccw reciprocation ,would make life safer and easier

CalNRA
08-03-2010, 11:44 AM
It was nothing more than a disgusting racist hate crime.

Gnzrme
08-03-2010, 11:45 AM
As I look up CT CCW laws, you can get a CCW, but it is not a shall issue state...Would be interesting to know if any employees in the distributorship were CCW holders and what, if any, was the company policy regarding the carrying/possession of weapons on company property. The company is reported to be family owned, so they probably didn't have a policy. The shooter is reportedly a "Problem Employee" who was scheduled to have a meeting with his union rep and mgmt today...I guess instead, he started shooting...

Gnzrme
08-03-2010, 11:46 AM
It was nothing more than a disgusting racist hate crime.

where are you getting that info? All I see is info on a problem employee, nothing about race....This was a family owned business, not a typical place for something like that...not that it couldn't occur....

CalNRA
08-03-2010, 11:48 AM
where are you getting that info? All I see is info on a problem employee, nothing about race....This was a family owned business, not a typical place for something like that...not that it couldn't occur....

http://www.myfox8.com/news/nationworld/hc-omar-thornton-workplace-shooting-020100803,0,2370834.story

"The union was bringing him in to meet with the company to remedy the problem," said John Hollis, a Teamsters official. "He started shooting."

Hollis declined to describe the nature of the disciplinary problem, and he said he wasn't certain if the meeting had taken place when the shooting started. A law enforcement source said Thornton had been suspected of stealing from the business.

Joanne Hannah, who lives in the Enfield neighborhood where Thornton lived until about a month ago, said her daughter Kristi had dated Thornton for eight years. Thornton, who is black, had complained about being racially harassed at work. Thornton brought his complaints to his superiors, who did nothing about it, she said her daughter told her.

he was suspected of stealing, so he complains of racially harassed, union involved, but next thing you know he started shooting.

It was a hate crime, committed by Thornton.

stitchnicklas
08-03-2010, 11:54 AM
harassed??,he was mad because he found a little noose in the bathroom that everyone uses,no proof at the moment that he was actually harassed just some girl trying to defend his actions.i have worked with many hispanics and been the target of their jokes,guess what ?i did not care,i just started speaking Irish Gaelic to them and they shut up because they could not understand what i was calling them,it was very funny to me thought haha..

jokes in the workplace will always be there...idiots yes them too..

Gnzrme
08-03-2010, 11:59 AM

ok, I did find 1 report indicating that the shooter believed that he was being discriminated against and complained and alledgedly nothing was done...The employee was also being accused of stealing and was classified as a "disciplinary problem"

stitchnicklas
08-03-2010, 12:07 PM
the person claiming the discrimination is the jerkheads ex-girlfriend,probably looking for money or something to justify the shooting....

RRangel
08-03-2010, 12:15 PM
there are 9 dead plus wounded from a shooting at a beer distributorship in Connecticut.now will come a knee jerk reaction to the shooting and idiots wanting more stupid laws in cali saying "it could happen here",fricking bradys are probably drooling and trying to think of a spin they could put on this incident.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100803/ap_on_re_us/us_beer_distributor_shootings;_ylt=AnDgiybJyD0Ik5Z pCihoQums0NUE;_ylu=X3oDMTN0azBnaDVmBGFzc2V0A2FwLzI wMTAwODAzL3VzX2JlZXJfZGlzdHJpYnV0b3Jfc2hvb3RpbmdzB GNjb2RlA21vc3Rwb3B1bGFyBGNwb3MDMQRwb3MDMgRwdANob21 lX2Nva2UEc2VjA3luX3RvcF9zdG9yeQRzbGsDb2ZmaWNpYWw5a 2ls

I expect the attempts if any are not going to work so well. Take the "assault weapon" ban for example. Many of the past poor decision making efforts by elected bureaucrats were misguided at best, and in those days the mainstream media had a grip on the national narrative. That's not the case today as more alternative media sources come into play.

States like California have almost run out of anti-gun laws to pass with no apparent detriment to crime except that which is created through such legislation. Who can argue for restrictions today when the experience on a national level is that these laws don't work and have the potential to make crime situations worse? Chicago and DC are prime examples.

Realize for a second that murder rates in places like Chicago and even Los Angeles run into the hundreds in just one year. Not to play down the outrage of what just occurred but logically speaking these unfortunate deaths are a drop in the statistical bucket. I haven't even mentioned that we have incorporation of the Second Amendment.

stix213
08-03-2010, 12:21 PM
What I want to know is if this workplace had a no guns rule. These things tend to only happen in gun free zones, like Columbine, ft hood, and virginia tech.

stitchnicklas
08-03-2010, 1:24 PM
another sad think is there was a report of a shooting in indiana also,saying it was a "assault" weapon they think...

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100803/ap_on_re_us/us_indianapolis_street_shooting

possibly gang related...

here come the bradys,i am going to stop looking at the news and do some bookkeeping to see what i can find for donating to calguns foundation....they are our only salvation from the damn bradys..

frankm
08-03-2010, 1:25 PM
When I see stories like this, I want a CCW. For nothing else but to preserve my life.

stitchnicklas
08-03-2010, 1:31 PM
found some money and just donated...

i hope more follow from others and my self.......

yellowfin
08-03-2010, 1:40 PM
They won't push this story too hard because the perp was in two of the left's sacred cow groups, a certain race and unionized. All is automatically forgiven.

thayne
08-03-2010, 1:55 PM
They won't push this story too hard because the perp was in two of the left's sacred cow groups, a certain race and unionized. All is automatically forgiven.

That means blame the gun!

gunsmith
08-03-2010, 2:01 PM
We all know its GW's fault anyway

morfeeis
08-03-2010, 2:05 PM
Impossible. Strict gun control laws stop things like this from happening.
I wish people would get the point that people whor are crazy will find a way to kill the folks they want to so stop pinning it on the tool.

My heat is out there to the folks who where hurt today behind the dumb as shooter

Window_Seat
08-03-2010, 2:14 PM
It will be interesting to see how many states with left leaning legislatures start their own anti-AW/CCW/general GC legislation because of this incident.

CIP, a WA State Senator (Kline) introduced a similar proposal to ban the sale of semi-auto rifles and I think (maybe Gray could correct me) he also introduced in that bill, a 10 Rd limit on mags. This happened right around the time when 4 Lakewood Officers were shot in a coffee shop by an Arkansas parolee who was a prohibited person.

I am certain that not only do these politicians use these kinds of tragedies for their anti-2A agenda, but they pray for, hope, wish for & wait for tragedies like this to happen so that they can use them for their agendas, and it's up to all of us to get these bastards out of office on 11/02.

Erik.

gazzavc
08-03-2010, 3:34 PM
Apparently they have just found another Victim. Mr Paddy O'Furniture who dived into one of the brewery tanks when the shooting started was found dead when workers arrived to empty the tank. Brewery officials are at a loss to what happened to the 1500 gallons of beer in the tank.............:)

yellowfin
08-03-2010, 3:36 PM
It will be interesting to see how many states with left leaning legislatures start their own anti-AW/CCW/general GC legislation because of this incident.My guess would be zero. Those that want to and can already have, the rest can't or it's politically impossible. Anti gun states have already done what they wanted to or are doing so completely as fast as possible already.

CalNRA
08-03-2010, 3:48 PM
We all know its GW's fault anyway

it's painfully obvious.

bubbapug1
08-03-2010, 3:52 PM
You guys don't get it, if we all just put our total trust and faith...and health and safety in the hands of the government we would all be safe. Look at the excellent job they have done with Social Security, Medicaid, the budget, banking regulation, and control of the money supply!! I mean really...bow down and kiss the ring already!!

The congress and senate are only there to serve us, and if some criminal breaks into your house its your fault because like a bunch of idiots you didn't let the feds wire up cameras and microphones in every house and car, put GPS on all vehicles, and tap our phones...and take our very very evil black dangerous guns away.

So its you freedom nut jobs who are really messing this up. For chirst sakes Hitler took the guns away in Germany and no one complained or got hurt. right?

if I was in that beer warehouse I wouldn't have worried to be sitting at my desk with no guns and only a phone in my hands...thats why they made 911...they have thought of efverything to keep us safe and stupid...I mean dumb...no, I mean sound...safe and sound...safe and sound...stay on the boat, stay on the boat...say on the boat...stay on the f'ing boat....do as your told...stay on the boat.....

What a bunch of complainers you guys are.

Twinsen
08-03-2010, 3:53 PM
I've lived in CT my entire life until a couple months ago. Workplaces do not allow guns in CT, it's a liberal state. This was a racist hate crime in a no-gun-zone.

Oh sorry, I meant ANOTHER mass shooting in a no-gun-zone.

bodger
08-03-2010, 4:20 PM
When I see stories like this, I want a CCW. For nothing else but to preserve my life.

Amen to that. I witnessed an incident at a Ralph's grocery a while back that made me long for the secure feeling of having a firearm with me if I needed to defend myself.

I would have been dead as a doornail if things had gone where I thought they might. Thankfully, nothing happened. But the cops arrived ten minutes after it all went down.

morfeeis
08-03-2010, 8:24 PM
I've lived in CT my entire life until a couple months ago. Workplaces do not allow guns in CT, it's a liberal state. This was a racist hate crime in a no-gun-zone.

Oh sorry, I meant ANOTHER mass shooting in a no-gun-zone.
it's funny (not ha ha funny but sad funny), how many lives could have been saved had just one person had been ccw'ing? all he would have had to do was left off a few rounds at the guy and being the wimp i'm sure he was he would have run off.

Mstrty
08-03-2010, 8:50 PM
it's funny (not ha ha funny but sad funny), how many lives could have been saved had just one person had been ccw'ing? all he would have had to do was left off a few rounds at the guy and being the wimp i'm sure he was he would have run off.

Looks like the shooter was CCWing"

Joanne Hannah described Thornton as an easygoing guy who liked to play sports and video games. She said he had a pistol permit and had planned to teach her daughter how to use a gun.

Or Connecticut requires a permit to purchase a gun?

source (http://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/08/03/dead-wounded-conn-workplace-shooting/)

stitchnicklas
08-03-2010, 8:57 PM
permit for purchase

jb7706
08-03-2010, 9:40 PM
The Comcast forums already have people posting things like, "Legal gun owner" (not mentioned in the story) and "legal gun owners are ok until they snap."

I think that you are right. Knee jerk reactions are already happening.

From KCRA.com (http://www.kcra.com/news/24493773/detail.html):

Joanne Hannah described Thornton as an easygoing guy who liked to play sports and video games. She said he had a pistol permit and had planned to teach her daughter how to use a gun.

Granted the GF could be talking out of her ear, and since I know nothing of CT laws she may be referring to a license to buy a handgun. Either way, if it turns out he legally purchased and possessed the gun the anti's will make hay.

ETA:And Ty beat me to it... Sorry for the dupe.

N6ATF
08-03-2010, 9:46 PM
Knee jerk reaction: no amount of laws can stop criminals from being criminals, or the mentally ill from being mentally ill.

Hunt
08-03-2010, 10:43 PM
idiot supervisor he should have had his hand on a gun in the drawer when he fired the guy.

KylaGWolf
08-03-2010, 11:36 PM
Well Nightline is doing a hack piece as we speak about open carrying and shooting of people. Using the Conn shooting as the opening for the segment.

ErikTheRed
08-04-2010, 1:33 AM
The liberal anti-gun spin machine was switched on even before the bodies were cold. The sick, disgusting, twisted, morbid fact is, the antis all hope for this sort of thing to happen just so they can use it as fodder for more gun control. Gun control is politically motivated by an insatiable lust for absolute power, NOT by a concern for the safety of American citizens. The facts spell this out at a very elementary level. The duped voting masses of liberal anti-gun sheep are too stupid to understand this, and are therefore used as tools by the ruling class to carry out the agenda.

San FranPsycho
08-04-2010, 1:40 AM
harassed??,he was mad because he found a little noose in the bathroom that everyone uses,no proof at the moment that he was actually harassed just some girl trying to defend his actions.i have worked with many hispanics and been the target of their jokes,guess what ?i did not care,i just started speaking Irish Gaelic to them and they shut up because they could not understand what i was calling them,it was very funny to me thought haha..

jokes in the workplace will always be there...idiots yes them too..

To be honest, Mexicans talking **** to a white person is a little different than white people hanging nooses around their black coworkers. Not defending the shooters actions at all but lets be real here, that is pretty bad

sfbadger
08-04-2010, 2:37 AM
To be honest, Mexicans talking **** to a white person is a little different than white people hanging nooses around their black coworkers. Not defending the shooters actions at all but lets be real here, that is pretty bad

Well what if the whole noose story turns out to be false, what's going to be your rationalization then?

SickofSoCal
08-04-2010, 3:10 AM
Senator Lieberman..........need I type more?

Mitchell_in_CT
08-04-2010, 7:52 AM
I'm not worried.

I think it will be a non-issue.

The shooter was not...He doesn't fit the acceptable media profile, so therefore it isn't news.

News is, after all, a product. If people recieving it start to question the worldview they have been provided with previously...that's not good.

Mulay El Raisuli
08-04-2010, 8:55 AM
A possible counter to the knee-jerking that has already started is to point out that mass murder can happen even w/o a gun.

From China, which of course allows no guns in private hands, comes this story:

"China villagers mourn victims of drunken rampage:

YUANSHI COUNTY, China (AP) ---- Determined to end the drunken driver's homicidal rampage, 20-year-old Wang Xiaobo clung to the side of the earthmover as it scraped vehicles smashed earlier by its massive shovel. Seconds earlier, he had leaped aboard the vehicle after it became entangled in the trees where he had hidden.

"(The driver) started trying to hit me with a brick and a crowbar, but I ducked and jumped down a step. Then he kept trying to scrape me off the tractor so I reached up and stabbed him a couple times," said Wang, his back was still scratched and swollen from the ordeal.

With his knife attack, Wang had helped slow down the Sunday afternoon rampage as the heavily bleeding and drunken Li Xianliang was finally subdued after he pulled into the coal depot where he worked. The depot had been the place where Li had begun his murderous spree by killing his employer.

On Tuesday, residents of rural Yuanshi county in northern China's Hebei province were mourning the 17 people Li had killed and wondering what could have sparked Sunday's seemingly random attack, the latest in a string of grisly mass killings across China.

At the home of villager Liu Binfeng, the bodies of his 34-year-old wife and young daughter were laid out in coffins according to custom.

"We didn't know him. We don't know why he did it. It is just like some natural disaster that came along," said Liu, whose other daughter survived the attack. "This is a completely unthinkable thing. I don't know what to do. My family is completely wrecked."

Villagers said Li had money problems and killed his boss after the two men argued over money while drinking.

Apparently picking his victims at random, Li smashed his way down a tree-lined road, running over motorcycles and small cars and ripping into buses. At times, he stopped to flip the vehicles with his shovel before crushing them under his wheels, residents said, adding that the youngest victim was 5 years old.

After returning to the depot, Li brandished his crowbar but was overcome when villager Wang Xinjiang kicked him in the groin and pinned him to the ground.

"He came down (from the vehicle) and said 'I'm a dead man anyway! I'm dead anyway,"' said Wang, a former soldier.

Li was taken into custody and almost certainly faces the death penalty for murder. Calls to local government officials, who on Monday put the death toll at 11, rang unanswered on Tuesday.

Evidence of the severity of the violence was scattered across Yuanshi on Tuesday. Mangled parts of motorcycles and cars sat along the road and smashed buildings stood in ruins. Li's earthmover sat in the depot, blood splattered across its seat, steering wheel and dashboard.

A series of apparently unrelated rampage attacks across China in recent months have killed dozens of people and wounded wounded, prompting calls to diagnose and treat serious mental illnesses and igniting fears over the nation's emotional health.

Assailants, most of them wielding knives, have targeted kindergartens and elementary schools, a courthouse, and random victims at markets and on a train.

Authorities have responded with increased security at schools and orders to limit media coverage of the attacks to discourage copycats."

http://www.nctimes.com/news/national/backpage/article_ac80282f-6502-507d-86d2-04844b56cbdc.html

Something clear from this is that Wang Xiaobo is clearly a brave & resourceful guy. But, all he had to stop the murderous rampage was his knife. Think of how many people he could have saved if he could stopped the killer sooner. Think of how much quicker the killer could have been stopped if someone had been able to shoot him.

The solution (the real one) is not to ban guns, but for people to have the means to stop madmen when the need arises.

The Raisuli

Donny1
08-04-2010, 10:03 AM
So first I heard Shotgun, then I heard some sort of High Powered Rifle.

Does anyone know what type of weapon he used?

shooting4life
08-04-2010, 10:10 AM
I thought everyone would be happy at a beer plant. I know I would be. Hope they dont try and make drinking and shooting illegal.

stitchnicklas
08-04-2010, 10:18 AM
he used a crossbow...;)

BusBoy
08-04-2010, 10:28 AM
So first I heard Shotgun, then I heard some sort of High Powered Rifle.

Does anyone know what type of weapon he used?

HUH?? Not sure if youre kidding or not but the guy was carrying concealed handgun. not sure how youd walk into a work meeting with boss and union pres and NOT be seen with a high powered rifle... shot gun?? maybe but I doubt it. The union pres and others showed him a video of him stealing beer from his truck. Shortly after that he began shooting.

Donny1
08-04-2010, 10:41 AM
No, not kidding. I was watching the news and first they said one, then the other. I never heard handgun mentioned. Was that reported somewhere?

Donny1
08-04-2010, 10:46 AM
Sorry, found this:

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/08/03/dead-wounded-conn-workplace-shooting/

jyda
08-04-2010, 10:50 AM
There's also this article (granted not from such a reputable source):

http://www.huliq.com/3257/shooting-connecticuts-hartford-distributors-kills-eight

Typical media FUD tactics IMO.

BusBoy
08-04-2010, 10:54 AM
From CNN...

"As he left that meeting, escorted by two people, Thornton said he wanted a drink of water and went into the kitchen area, Davis said. Police believe he had brought two 9mm handguns to the building in a lunchbox. In the kitchen, he pulled out the guns and shot his two escorts."

This scumbag piece of schit new what was gonna happen to him and planned to take as many as possible with him.

http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/08/04/connecticut.business.shootings/index.html

stitchnicklas
08-04-2010, 11:15 AM
yep,and a murderer will use what ever weapon is at hand,so will some one please pass the bradys some zanax

zum
08-04-2010, 11:27 AM
looks like he took himself out and left the world a better place

is it bad for me to wish for more of this in the future ?cause some will just never get it

rest in peace!

nicki
08-04-2010, 12:39 PM
Yes, it was a mass shooting, but the shooter was Black and the victims were white.

Potentially it could be a reverse "Hate Crime" and that is not "Possible", so the story will die because the media does not want to offend.

The only reason the Long Island Railroad shooter (another Black Shooter)stayed in the news is because he went to trial and he was such a idiot, in a sick way, it was entertaining watching him be his own lawyer and digging his own grave.

Watching him cross exam witnesses when he asked about who shot them and they looked right at him and said you did was unbelievable.

This shooting is a sad day and right now we have many people ready to snap.
Wonder if the job had a no guns policy.

Nicki

Vox
08-04-2010, 1:16 PM
Yes, it was a mass shooting, but the shooter was Black and the victims were white.

Potentially it could be a reverse "Hate Crime" and that is not "Possible", so the story will die because the media does not want to offend.

it's not a "reverse hate crime" it's just a hate crime. just like there's no such thing as "reverse racism" just racism. it's atypical racism maybe but that's the closest thing you could say

locosway
08-04-2010, 1:21 PM
When is someone going to sue the company for not allowing people to legally arm themselves?

I see it time and time again where a company will forbid any weapons on their property, yet they fail to protect their employees. Why can't we hold these companies liable for disarming the employees?

Wherryj
08-04-2010, 1:47 PM
As I look up CT CCW laws, you can get a CCW, but it is not a shall issue state...Would be interesting to know if any employees in the distributorship were CCW holders and what, if any, was the company policy regarding the carrying/possession of weapons on company property. The company is reported to be family owned, so they probably didn't have a policy. The shooter is reportedly a "Problem Employee" who was scheduled to have a meeting with his union rep and mgmt today...I guess instead, he started shooting...

According to the story that I read, he had had no previous behavior issues-aside from having been videotaped STEALING the beer that he was supposed to be delivering.

He had BEEN to the meeting with management and seemed ok with signing a letter of resignation, but upon leaving pulled out a couple of handguns and started shooting. Then he tried to blame it on workers there being racists. I wonder if their racism forced him to steal beer?

Wherryj
08-04-2010, 1:50 PM

The only reason the Long Island Railroad shooter (another Black Shooter)stayed in the news is because he went to trial and he was such a idiot, in a sick way, it was entertaining watching him be his own lawyer and digging his own grave.

Watching him cross exam witnesses when he asked about who shot them and they looked right at him and said you did was unbelievable.

This shooting is a sad day and right now we have many people ready to snap.
Wonder if the job had a no guns policy.

Nicki

A lawyer who has himself for a client has a moron for an attorney. It makes about as much sense as a surgeon doing his own appendectomy.

stix213
08-04-2010, 3:35 PM
As others have mentioned... this will disappear from the news before the end of the week due to the race of the perp and his victims. A white guy shooting up an office full of minorities would stick in the news much longer.

ErikTheRed
08-04-2010, 9:52 PM
it's not a "reverse hate crime" it's just a hate crime. just like there's no such thing as "reverse racism" just racism.

Precisely. DO NOT fall victim to the spin machine that is the liberal left, fooling you into using their intentional buzzwords and phrases. The term "reverse racism" somehow suggests that real racism can only be comitted by whites, and that if a black or other minority engages in the same behavior, then its "reversed". Bullshiza. Racism is Racism, it goes all ways. A Black or Mexican or Asian is every bit as capable of it as any white, and we see more and more of it every day in Obama's new era of racial tolerance.