PDA

View Full Version : Baraska AR red dot review

chad68
08-02-2010, 10:12 PM
Put one of these on my SR-22 and it worked much better than I would have thought. I used the 20% Big 5 coupon. What really impressed me was how bright and how heavy the coating on the objective lens is. These two things alone help with direct sunlight shooting but together you could point it into the sun and not need to go more than halfway on the brightnesss setting.

I only had to make 2-4 clicks on wind. and elev. to get into the bullseye at 25yards.

I know some people hate Barsaka and their stuff being low quality but I have this red dot, a 6-24x50 target scope (I LOVE!) and a pair of their huge binnoculars and have nothing bad to say about them.

I did try their green lazer sight and that was returned after it failed to work after playing around with it for 10 minutes. Read another guy who had same problem with his green lazer. Too bad because it was bright as hell until it died LOL.

bjl333
08-02-2010, 10:20 PM
I have two Barska scopes and so far they are great for paper punching @ 100 yds !!

I would step up if I take it further then 400 tho !!!

billped
08-03-2010, 11:26 AM
Thanks for the mini-review. Too often folks get all caught up in the "if it ain't good enough for combat, why bother?" type of argument which is full of holes - mainly that I would never bring my .22 into combat. For a primary weapon, I get it ... sort of, for target practice, not so much.

I'll try one of these on my Marlin 795. Assuming that works well, I'll try it on my soon-to-be-acquired AK - if that works, I'll get another one so both can share in the low-cost love. If both fail, then I have blown a whopping $30 rather than "invested" $500 in the ideal solution.

Personal peeve: Only in this circle can people spend $600 on optics and arrogantly dismiss the $30 choice while the same people will search for days to save $0.02/round on ammunition and end up with surplus Pakistani ammo from 1950. YOU ARE ALL MY FATHER! ;-)

Bill

Bsqrd
08-06-2010, 7:37 PM
Natchez Shooters Supply is having a Barska Sale. Prices look good.

http://www.natchezss.com/specials.cfm?contentID=specials&spcGrp=23