PDA

View Full Version : Would it be worth it to sue CA State Parks?

Hunt
08-02-2010, 6:16 PM
I half *** consider suing CA State Parks over their restriction on foot mobile persons not being allowed to transport firearms through the Parks. Motorized transport is allowed. There are some areas I want to hunt but I would have to carry my rifle on foot (vehicles not allowed areas) through the Park to the BLM land. If I sued them would this be a redundant unnecessary action assuming the CA State Parks will revise their regulations considering other cases (NEV)?

diginit
08-02-2010, 6:51 PM
I doubt if any Nevada cases would have any bearing on CA. Unless it is a SCOTUS decision. Nev is a free state. From what I understand, CA law, CA Fish and Game, and BLM are 3 different animals.
All B*tchs
Isn't there another way into the BLM land?

Hunt
08-02-2010, 7:15 PM
Isn't there another way into the BLM land?

3 areas I want to hunt access varies from 5-8 mile walk ins over *very rough* terrain vs 3-5 miles walk in through park over less difficult terrain. Almost impossible to gain realistic (considering packing game out and terrain) access other than through Park which would be no cakewalk at that. I was reading NV has a case against State Parks to allow guns. I guess it would take a specific case here to make the change, doubt CA State parks will voluntarily make any changes. There are other areas that are completely landlocked to hunters as well just not on my list now.

hoffmang
08-02-2010, 7:35 PM
Assuming that the Nevada parks case is appealed and won, it will become binding precedent in California too. Let NV ride.

-Gene

Hunt
08-02-2010, 8:46 PM
Assuming that the Nevada parks case is appealed and won, it will become binding precedent in California too. Let NV ride.

-Gene

good maybe next year then, this would be a real win for hunters