PDA

View Full Version : best slimline PINK earmuffs?

sevensix2x51
08-02-2010, 5:43 PM
ok, my better half wants a set of earmuffs, and she knows that they come in pink. so here i am, to find out the best pink, slimline earmuff. cant afford the electronic ones, she doesnt want me to spend a bunch of money on her muffs.
she does enjoy rifle shooting, so i hear that slim muffs are a necessity. ive never tried them, i only have used earmuffs once in my life, and cant stand them. anyways, thanks for any insight!

im asking here, because it seems that not all muffs come in pink; this is a bit of a specialized request. but any gentlemen with experience wearing pink earmuffs are welcome to give insight as well! :thumbsup:

ps- if this is in the wrong spot, feel free to move it.

Steyrlp10
08-03-2010, 11:43 AM
Has she considered custom plugs instead of earmuffs? Those could be made in pink...

sevensix2x51
08-03-2010, 11:52 AM
she says that earplugs don't feel "safe," so she wants to switch over to muffs. i think sometimes she has trouble putting the plugs in, and she has sensitive ears, so i am hoping to have her double up. never thought about custom plugs; but its a good suggestion... are they fairly reasonable?

CSACANNONEER
08-03-2010, 11:56 AM
Custom plugs are a must! They are totally safe. She can use muffs over plugs and be 110% safe. I would suggest finding the muffs that fit her the best and then using a little Krylon or sending them to Tecnique to duracoat.

sevensix2x51
08-03-2010, 11:59 AM
nice... duracoat... i like the way you think.

ill look into custom plugs. thanks!

CSACANNONEER
08-03-2010, 12:08 PM
Duracoating will probably be more expensive than just buying pink muffs (no pun intended) but, that way she will get muffs that fit her the best instead of just ones that look cool.

professorhard
08-03-2010, 12:10 PM
Sajedene has pink ear muffs. PM her n see where she got em

Steyrlp10
08-03-2010, 12:13 PM
she says that earplugs don't feel "safe," so she wants to switch over to muffs. i think sometimes she has trouble putting the plugs in, and she has sensitive ears, so i am hoping to have her double up. never thought about custom plugs; but its a good suggestion... are they fairly reasonable?

What CSA said :)

To be honest, all my sets are so ancient that I can't remember how much they cost, but I don't recall them being overly expensive. Bob Chow made my first pair -- to give you an idea how long I've been competing!

Your idea to have her have double ear protection is prudent. For me, I just get annoyed with having my hair yanked. It's easier to dump my plugs in my purse. I have ear and eye protection at all times -- never know when I'll have to duke it out with zombies.

CSACANNONEER
08-03-2010, 12:24 PM
I have ear and eye protection at all times -- never know when I'll have to duke it out with zombies.

Even men can now keep "protection" in their wallet for those rough zombie attacks. I grabbed some samples of these at SHOT but, I have not tried them yet:
http://www.macksearplugs.com/details/ear-plugs-for-travel/roll-ups-wallet-earplugs

Steyrlp10
08-03-2010, 1:07 PM
Even men can now keep "protection" in their wallet for those rough zombie attacks. I grabbed some samples of these at SHOT but, I have not tried them yet:
http://www.macksearplugs.com/details/ear-plugs-for-travel/roll-ups-wallet-earplugs

Lol... my other half will now want some to help him continue with "selective hearing" brought on by the marital state... :)

PatriotnMore
08-03-2010, 1:53 PM
I bought the wife Remington ear protection in pink, they are 22 noise rated. She likes them, but I would also recommend a custom made pair of in the ear plugs. They are very comfortable, not very expensive, and really cut down on loud noise.

Indoor ranges are much louder due to acoustics, and the combination of in ear and outer, is a good practice.

http://www.amazon.com/Remington-MP-22TM-Pink-Earmuffs/dp/B002BJCDOE

OliveCookieMonsta
08-28-2010, 8:51 PM
Ear plugs are my fav too! And they come in pink! I started out using ear muffs butt the get annoying, batteries need changing, pulls my hair, harder to wear a hat with, gets sweaty and dirty when shooting outside.... Just my opinion... I just use the cheapo colored ones But will probably get custom ones soon.
The pink ear muffs are pretty easy to find now adays... I think the range I go to even has them as rentals Which is cool.

jdewolf
08-30-2010, 1:51 AM
Most non-electronic slim line muffs suck as far as noise reduction rating. You can get away with them outdoors [for the most part] but indoors they really suck. I have a pair that's in the low 20's for NRR. They fold up and I keep them in my pack as an emergency backup. If she gets some pink slim lines, I'd definitely double up. Custom fit ear plugs are nice however. When I was getting fitted the lady told me I have funny ear canals, they were either shaped funny or were shallow... which would explain why I never felt like normal generic plugs sealed correctly. Regardless it was just some booth at the gun show and I love them.

Steyrlp10
08-30-2010, 11:48 AM
Most non-electronic slim line muffs suck as far as noise reduction rating. You can get away with them outdoors [for the most part] but indoors they really suck. I have a pair that's in the low 20's for NRR. They fold up and I keep them in my pack as an emergency backup. If she gets some pink slim lines, I'd definitely double up. Custom fit ear plugs are nice however. When I was getting fitted the lady told me I have funny ear canals, they were either shaped funny or were shallow... which would explain why I never felt like normal generic plugs sealed correctly. Regardless it was just some booth at the gun show and I love them.

Lol... I forgot about that process and how weird they look after they fit you for the custom plugs. Something out of Star Trek :)

jdewolf
09-12-2010, 3:01 AM
Lol... I forgot about that process and how weird they look after they fit you for the custom plugs. Something out of Star Trek :)

It's a cold alien feeling when they put the crap in...

Ugh gives me the shivers just thinking about it.