PDA

View Full Version : Going to lake powell, need clarification

bballwizard05
08-02-2010, 3:20 PM
OK OK so we get these here alot on calguns (threads about camping trip regulations), but I think its because people don't want to be arrested, at least thats my reason! We go to lake powell every year for a week houseboat trip. Never really thought of taking my gun/s before. But there is so much open area (not talking about on the water) it seems like a fun place to plink around. We go up lake so we would technically be in Utah and I know state regulations apply in national parks... so where does that leave me? I know that I can loaded carry for self defense, but what about target shooting? I have called two outfitters in page AZ and got nothing except put on hold for 8 minutes.... but what about target shooting.?? :confused:

bballwizard05
08-02-2010, 8:25 PM
No one? :shrug:

bballwizard05
08-03-2010, 5:59 PM
ack! fine

CaliRN
08-03-2010, 7:22 PM
Call the Page PD, or the BLM in the area. I vacation in Page and shoot there often, however I use the range. Much of the land is either reservation land or BLM, and the BLM folks up there are not too gun friendly. I have hunted Utah but never just went out there and plinked.

CaliRN