PDA

View Full Version : the best & worst counties in cali for ccw

ridingonfumes
04-25-2006, 8:21 PM
this list is about 5 years old but it still gives you a idea
i live in kern county :D i hate this place :mad: but at least we give out more ccw's than any other county in california :D

"Number of permits issued by police and sheriff agencies among selected
counties in 2000
Kern 3,566
Shasta 2,972
Fresno 2,178
San Bernardino 2,084
Los Angeles 874
San Joaquin 491
Contra Costa 208
San Mateo 204
Alameda 150
Santa Clara 132
Sonoma 131
Solano 77
Marin 44
San Francisco 8
Source: California Attorney General's Office
Chronicle Graphic"

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/903077/posts

linuxgunner
04-25-2006, 8:38 PM
All of this information is going up on:

http://californiaccw.org

This site has 58 forums, one for each county, where people can discuss experiences, policies, elections, candidates, etc.

We will not win CCW in Sacto. We will win CCW in California county by county, sheriff by sheriff, police chief by police chief.

Soon I'll have stats broken down by county, and we'll start getting first-hand reports as they come in.

VOTE ON JUNE 6!

Ken Masse in LA.
Bill Hunt in OC.

shopkeep
04-25-2006, 8:53 PM
Who do we vote for in Sacramento County?

linuxgunner
04-25-2006, 9:43 PM
I just updated http://CaliforniaCCW.org to show stats on the best and worst counties. Good news: There are about a dozen counties with more than 1% issuance, including a handful that have 3% issuance! Think about it: even shall-issue states have less than 3% issuance. So we have some winners.

We also have some losers, with many counties having issuance less than 0.1%. Worst offender is SF, with 10 permits for 793,600 people, giving it a record-winning rate of 0.0013% issuance.

The good news is, it's not hard to unseat a sheriff. Getting a shall-issue bill through Sacto is hopeless at this point, but getting a dozen more shall-issue counties is well within reach.

Shopkeep: Take it upon yourself to do some research! Find out who is running, call them up and ask their positions, and post the results here and on http://CaliforniaCCW.org !

ridingonfumes
04-25-2006, 9:54 PM
kern county :D Sheriff Mack Wimbish, 4034 permits

looks like when mack took over for carl sparks he kept the same policy's

linuxgunner
04-25-2006, 9:56 PM
Note that those figures are based on the DoJ's 2004 report, which is likely out of date. California hasn't really had CCW awareness until the past year or so. Most people in the state probably don't even realize that CCWs exist in California. We need to change that and get more people to start getting permitted.

Shasta County is the winner, with 3.2% of its residents having permits. It's beautiful, too.

rips31
04-26-2006, 2:26 PM
i doubt sf will ever get rid of hennessey.

schizrade2
04-26-2006, 2:55 PM
Note that those figures are based on the DoJ's 2004 report, which is likely out of date. California hasn't really had CCW awareness until the past year or so. Most people in the state probably don't even realize that CCWs exist in California. We need to change that and get more people to start getting permitted.

Shasta County is the winner, with 3.2% of its residents having permits. It's beautiful, too.

You mean Sierra my native county, and yes it is beautiful.

cseabass
04-26-2006, 3:08 PM
is there any hope for alameda?

thesneakyrussian
04-26-2006, 4:23 PM
is there any hope for alameda?

maybe some useful info here:

http://www.equalccw.com/
http://packing.org/

i am sure you're well aware of existance of these sites :) afaik, alameda county sheriff is not issueing ccw's and the policy will not change for the common folk in any forseeable future.

tenpercentfirearms
04-26-2006, 5:34 PM
looks like when mack took over for carl sparks he kept the same policy'sThis is not true! Mack actually relaxed CCW issuance! It is true. Sparks had the policy that if you lived in the city, you had to make a request to the city first no matter what. Then if they rejected you, then you could submit an application to the county. Well the law says you can submit one straight away to the county even if you live in the city. Mack went ahead and followed the law. So even if you live in a municipality with its own police chief, you can now apply straight to the county and as long as you don't have a criminal history and you aren't stupid, you are pretty much going to get a permit. That is why I will most likely vote for Whimbish this go around. In all honesty, I don't care if he is a good sheriff or not. He is good for CCW and that is all that I ever get out of the Kern County Sheriff's Office.

ridingonfumes
04-26-2006, 5:45 PM
That is why I will most likely vote for Whimbish this go around.

yeah good point. untill now i wasnt sure who i was going to vote for :D

i have never met mack wimbish but i have met his son mac jr. :D and he seemed like good people

linuxgunner
04-26-2006, 6:10 PM
i doubt sf will ever get rid of hennessey.

All things must come to an end. That guy must be in his 60s. He has been sheriff for 20 years. Someone will replace him. Someone should run. How hard is it to get on the ballot for sheriff? We should not be having uncontested elections for powerful positions like this. This guy is probably rusty in his campaigning. If we got the right candidate and supported him we would have a chance.

He probably has a false sense of security, which could undo him.

dwtt
04-26-2006, 6:36 PM
All things must come to an end. That guy must be in his 60s. He has been sheriff for 20 years. Someone will replace him. Someone should run. How hard is it to get on the ballot for sheriff? We should not be having uncontested elections for powerful positions like this.
In San Francisco, anyone running for elected office has no chance unless they can get the support of the Democratic machine that runs the city. A Sheriff candidate who doesn't support gun control will have no chance.

Creeping Incrementalism
04-26-2006, 6:37 PM
You mean Sierra my native county, and yes it is beautiful.

Even with Sierra county being at like 3% issuance, it has less people with CCW than almost any other in CA.

There are so few people up there that I know one guy who only lives there six months a year who told the Sheriff he wouldn't support him in the next election if he didnt fire a deputy. The deputy got fired. (Deputy has following people leaving bars like a bear after honey.)

ghostrider4evr
04-26-2006, 8:11 PM
Damn I need to move out of San Mateo County and high tail it to Kern.

rips31
04-26-2006, 9:36 PM
In San Francisco, anyone running for elected office has no chance unless they can get the support of the Democratic machine that runs the city. A Sheriff candidate who doesn't support gun control will have no chance.
absolutely correct. actually, everyone (who votes) thinks that henney is doing a great job. why do you think he's been sheriff for 20 yrs?

schizrade2
04-27-2006, 10:01 AM
Even with Sierra county being at like 3% issuance, it has less people with CCW than almost any other in CA.

Well we are talking about per capita percentages here...

There are so few people up there that I know one guy who only lives there six months a year who told the Sheriff he wouldn't support him in the next election if he didnt fire a deputy. The deputy got fired. (Deputy has following people leaving bars like a bear after honey.)

Yeah and Adams is a lame duck Sheriff. Everybody knows that. He is a jackass politician.

AF_INT1N0
05-10-2006, 5:56 PM
Anyone know anything about Jeff Lastusky, vs. Gary Stanton for Solano county??