PDA

View Full Version : Ontario Gun Show

Ron-Solo
08-02-2010, 12:41 PM
:(After going to the Ontario Gun Show last weekend, I walked away feeling disappointed. It seemed like the show was lacking in many areas. Anyone else have that feeling besides me?

I thought there was way too much non-gun related stuff and not enough gun stuff. It was more like going to a giant swap meet.

It seemed like many of the vendors were selling either cheap junk, or their stuff was overpriced. Selling CMP .30-06 ammo for double the price, AR magazine "rebuild kits" for $30+ for generic magazines. I saw one vendor trying to sell a Ruger Mini-14 "rebuild kit" for $70. These were prices I saw just after the '08 election.

Ammo Bros and Miwall were the only booths I saw that had decent selection and reasonable prices, but by Sunday the pickings were slim on some things.

This may have been my last Ontario Show. :(

Costa Mesa is a little further, but much better.

stitchnicklas
08-02-2010, 12:56 PM
+1..................

IEShooter
08-02-2010, 1:41 PM
I nearly always go and thought it was fine. Good prices on ammo from Ammo Bros., and the other large ammo vendor there.

I bought some ammo and also picked up a couple holsters, another magazine for my XD and a few other things.

While I'll agree that Costa Mesa is a much larger show with more vendors and thus competition, it is nice to have our little show in Ontario

There was quite a lot of cheap, import stuff for AR's, but at least the vendors where representing it for what it was. Lot's of folks don't care all that much.

Regards,

John

Batman
08-03-2010, 11:50 PM
While I tend to agree, there are still deals to be found. I got a Millett AK47 scout mount that replaced the rear sight for $30; less than half the price of the Scout Scopes mount and all steel as opposed to aluminum. Also got 1000 Berry's 9mm bullets (not loaded ammo) for $59.99; I haven't seen the price that low in a LONG time!! Again, the shows are what you make of them.

Coltlover
08-04-2010, 12:35 AM
Yeah it was a very empty show .The slowest I seen it in years.

zman
08-04-2010, 8:21 AM
:(After going to the Ontario Gun Show last weekend, I walked away feeling disappointed. It seemed like the show was lacking in many areas. Anyone else have that feeling besides me?

I thought there was way too much non-gun related stuff and not enough gun stuff. It was more like going to a giant swap meet.

It seemed like many of the vendors were selling either cheap junk, or their stuff was overpriced. Selling CMP .30-06 ammo for double the price, AR magazine "rebuild kits" for $30+ for generic magazines. I saw one vendor trying to sell a Ruger Mini-14 "rebuild kit" for $70. These were prices I saw just after the '08 election.

Ammo Bros and Miwall were the only booths I saw that had decent selection and reasonable prices, but by Sunday the pickings were slim on some things.

This may have been my last Ontario Show. :(

Costa Mesa is a little further, but much better.

I have the same sentiments. It's just too small. That one time, a year and a half ago is all I needed. For the entry fee, I would rather just go to Costa Mesa.

I was so looking forward to the Pechanga Gun Show since they mentioned it was all guns and no junk :( I hope Elite finds another venue for their show. How about the Diamond Stadium in Lake Elsinore?

halo6941
08-04-2010, 12:35 PM
I was gonna go to this show but changed my mind at the lsat min due to what ive been hearing.

Secret
08-04-2010, 2:08 PM
Glad i didnt go i guess... But im defnitely going to the costa mesa show, like 15 minutes away from my house :)

Lucky Scott
08-04-2010, 4:28 PM
I have been to the Ontario show, and would go again, if it was cheaper to attend. Parking and entry fees really added up, and the show was not worth it in my opinion. For that much money, I expected more.

pisarski
08-04-2010, 4:53 PM
i went to the last one and will not go back a big wast of time costa mesa is the only one that i will go to lots more stuff and primers and powder

bsg
08-04-2010, 5:19 PM
i hate to say this; i didn't go and got some great internet deals instead.

chefdude
08-04-2010, 5:32 PM
Pachanga gun show is cancelled...

jigenax
08-04-2010, 5:37 PM
I went to one Ontario show last year and was disappointed. It was small and due to the local fire regs, no primers sales. Since Ontario and Costa Mesa are just as far from me, I'll stick with CM. Heck, the Ventura and Glendale shows are better than Ontario. No more Ontario for me.

HotRails
08-04-2010, 9:54 PM
Same here, Ontario was alright for MiWall, Ammo Bros, and CWS. Great if you like candles and beef jerky.

supertrooper
08-05-2010, 12:10 AM
the large ammo vender is the only reason i go. allmost everythimg else is cheap knock offs or so overpriced its cheaper to get online. jd machine and the kaluban holster guywas there and both were cool to talk to. coasta mesa is the same but with twice as many booths of crap.