PDA

View Full Version : Best Red Dot Magnifier

patriot_man
08-02-2010, 12:53 AM
I have heard from people that Aimpoint Magnifiers are of "higher quality" then Eotech Magnifiers. Is that a true fact? Glass quality? Are AP magnifiers compatible with Eotechs and vice versa? Thank you.

esskay
08-03-2010, 3:05 PM
I use an Aimpoint 3X behind Eotech & Aimpoint. You just need to keep in mind potentially differing heights. I am satisfied with the quality though naturally it's not as good as looking through a quality conventional scope at the same magnification.

I've taken a sight picture behind an Eotech magnifier and it seemed fine, but don't have enough time with it to give comparative feedback.

If you have astigmatism it may behoove you to test out the specific combination, as many find blurring/streaking/etc to get worse with a magnifier

patriot_man
08-08-2010, 1:25 AM
I heard that the aimpoint magnifier has windage and elevation. Is that true?

AlliedArmory
08-08-2010, 2:18 AM
I use an Aimpoint 3X behind Eotech & Aimpoint. You just need to keep in mind potentially differing heights. I am satisfied with the quality though naturally it's not as good as looking through a quality conventional scope at the same magnification.

I've taken a sight picture behind an Eotech magnifier and it seemed fine, but don't have enough time with it to give comparative feedback.

If you have astigmatism it may behoove you to test out the specific combination, as many find blurring/streaking/etc to get worse with a magnifier

On my setup I had exactly the opposite happen. When I added a 3x magnifier, the blob actually became a dot.

patriot_man
08-09-2010, 4:43 AM
Well hopefully it does nothing to my Eotech reticle. I see it perfectly fine as of now without a magnifier.