PDA

View Full Version : Hypothetical Question

SEABUG32
08-01-2010, 7:57 PM
Say your an 01ffl holder and you inherited a pistol say built in 1921.Your grandfather gave it to you years ago and it was stored in a box,and you found it recently and you never regeristered it.Do you dros it and if hes been dead for 10 years who do you put as the aquired from if you dros it.or do you just send the $19 in on the C&r handgun form.:confused:

tenpercentfirearms
08-01-2010, 10:02 PM
Say your an 01ffl holder and you inherited a pistol say built in 1921.Your grandfather gave it to you years ago and it was stored in a box,and you found it recently and you never regeristered it.Do you dros it and if hes been dead for 10 years who do you put as the aquired from if you dros it.or do you just send the $19 in on the C&r handgun form.:confused:

#1: is it a C&R gun? If so then you could DROS it. However, that is a waste as the intrafamilial transfer is only $19.

#2: How long ago was years ago? If it was before 1991, there was no require to DROS back then so it is lawfully possessed now.

#3: What is the C&R handgun form?

If it were me and I was over 18 in 1991, I would just keep it.

Seesm
08-06-2010, 2:44 AM
If your Grandad gave it to you YEARS ago it should not be needed to do any paperwork right....?

tenpercentfirearms
08-06-2010, 11:29 PM
If your Grandad gave it to you YEARS ago it should not be needed to do any paperwork right....?

Correct. If he gave it to you prior to 1991, no paperwork required.