PDA

View Full Version : Wifi w/o SIM card in Blackberry Pearl 8120

pullnshoot25
08-01-2010, 2:40 PM
So I have an unlocked Blackberry Pearl 8120 that I want to use as a Skype phone. It seems that I cannot get Wifi capabilities without having a SIM card. Is there such a thing as a SIM card that will trick the 8120 into thinking it is on a plan?

WTSGDYBBR
08-01-2010, 2:52 PM
I kinda understand what your trying to do. You may see if there is a app but your not going to get around the sim issue. You can hack the phone to do network tethering and find a app for google voice..

JDay
08-01-2010, 4:41 PM
You can get a SIM from the T-Mobile web site, or in store. If they ask why you need it just tell them you're going to use it for prepaid.

http://www.t-mobile.com/shop/phones/?shape=simalone&WT.z_unav=mst_shop_phones_SIM

ETA: I think they come with an hour or so on them too.

Marsoc1
08-01-2010, 8:50 PM
just get a new sim card that matchs the the company its branded to. only calls u can make is emergency calls til u get skype working.

2DoorImpala
08-02-2010, 1:45 AM
Not sure if they will work with this phone. But you can try to trick the phone buy using a simcard they use to transfer numbers. It's about 5-10 bucks.

JDay
08-02-2010, 5:02 AM
Not sure if they will work with this phone. But you can try to trick the phone buy using a simcard they use to transfer numbers. It's about 5-10 bucks.

A new SIM card is $10 at T-Mobile. They also don't use a special SIM card to transfer your contacts over, you can just save them to the SIM you were using and stick it in your new phone.