View Full Version : Sold: Mini-14 186 series package deal in Los Angeles

08-01-2010, 1:01 PM
Probably going to regret this, but it's been sitting in the safe for almost 5 years since I last shot it and my wife has only shot it twice since then as well.

Ruger Mini-14 stainless 186 series. Purchased new by me in 1992. Shot a fair bit in the early 90's and then got shelved when I moved to 308 and 30-06. Moved to LA in 2000 and shot it a little bit before I had Mike K do a trigger job on it and changed bushings for smoother cycling. Added an Accu-strut when they came out. Shortly after that, it moved to the back rack of the safe.

Includes the original stock (wearing a rubber butt plate, but it also comes with the original), the original front sight, original peep (has a hooded insert now), and some odds and ends: bayonet lug, scope mount, barrel shroud, an HK style sight someone gave me, and another front sight I some how picked up along the way. I painted the Hogue overmold stock in krylon a year or so back.

Includes 3 factory 5 round magazines, 8 30 round rebuild kits with undated bodies and unknown origin (4 of which I could never get to work right but are candidates for pre-ban ownership rebuilds), and 7 Thermold 30 round rebuild kits. The Thermolds are all dated 1989 and were totally reliable. With Ruger factory 30's now on the market at reasonable prices, the 8 metal rebuild kits could be made into very reliable additions.

This was going to be my wife's, but she adopted my M16A2 carbine clone and won't let go.

08-01-2010, 7:15 PM
Are you willing to part out the steel or thermold magazines?

08-01-2010, 7:45 PM
Only if I hear from a buyer who just wants the rifle at a lower price.

08-02-2010, 2:44 PM

Interested trades / partial trades would be for 5.56mm ammo, M-1 Carbines (C&R), and M16A1 or A2 20" uppers (preferably complete).

I'm willing to sell the rifle by itself is you care to make an offer. Mags and other bits will be only sold separately if the rifle is sold first.

08-03-2010, 4:47 PM
Evening bump.

08-05-2010, 6:15 AM
Bump for a Thursday morning.