PDA

View Full Version : And the Big Machine rolls on...

beb1954
08-01-2010, 8:36 AM
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2010/07/la-county-sheriffs-department-to-destroy-8300-weapons-seized-from-criminals.html

rg_1111@yahoo.com
08-01-2010, 9:06 AM
The Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department will destroy 8,300 confiscated weapons.
Some Cops would think It’s pretty exciting and very visual

I just wonder how many of these Guns were stolen and the owners wont get them back.

joedogboy
08-01-2010, 10:03 AM
Even if they can't recover your stolen firearm, they should give you a replacement of the same model from one that they do recover, if one is found.

iareConfusE
08-01-2010, 10:38 AM
Waste of resources, lack of common sense in their actions.

TurboChrisB
08-01-2010, 11:37 AM
Upsetting as I had 10+ guns stolen from me about 10 years ago...and while I've always held hope that some of them may find there way home to me someday...articles like this make me think that if they don't then likely some of them ended up like these!

beb1954
08-01-2010, 12:23 PM
I have always thought of the same thing, e.g. how many of them were stolen and the owner will not recover them.. AND how many Garands, M1 Carbines, and other unreplaceable relics and 'works of art' that will be desrtoyed instead of some POS Raven .25 or similar...
I do have a story on this though and will try and keep it short... but there is a sort of back story.....
About 2 yrs. ago, about 5:30 a.m. a Rancho/Berdo Sheriff came a knockin' on my door.... by luck I was already up with some java already down the gullet so I was almost awake... I have one of the security doors on the front that is all of the very small holes and you litterally can't see in.. ofcourse if it was night time and house lights were on etc. it would be possible... but no lights were on and I have a dual motion activated porch light and one of the lights is, or couse not intentionally, pointed at the location that anyone would have to stand at the door and that makes it blindingly impossible to see anything then... Kind of like the flash on a cameral that never goes off.. so much to short...
At any rate, Asking for me by name, said yes it is I. Then asked me to step outside.. LOL!!. What is this about... again the same request... same reply,,, x3... Finally I told him I was not step outside until I knew what the hell was going on.. Asked me if I had a .45... stainless... yes used to..... I had bought an Officer's in stainless that I had forgot about and thought it was about a Gov.model I had trade for with a sheriff and he somehow was able to associalte my name to it. It had been used in a gang related crime in downtown L.A. and MY NAME was still listed to the piece. The usual move and counter move after that... FF a year and a half... I get a letter from L.A. Police telling me that they have property of mine I can claim... I was a bit concerned as I never thought that they would ever give me back anything that had been used in a crime.. I had traded the damn thing off years before to boot. Don't remember to who or for what, seriously... I can't remember.
I actually had thoughts that it was a damn sting like they do for warrants witht he contest thing that those dipsticks actually fall for...
But after more moves and counter moves, along with a bit of paranoia I got the Officer's model back... A little worse for wear but all there...