PDA

View Full Version : CGN lite?

PanzerAce
04-25-2006, 12:19 PM
Hey, is there any chance of getting a sort of CGN lite forum for those of us that can browse at work, but dont want to completely freak out our bosses? (As a college student, actuall work in IT is intermitant). IIRC, arfcom has a lite version of their forums.

grammaton76
04-25-2006, 12:26 PM
If you're running Firefox, just install the Adblock plugin and tell it "adblock all images from this site". :)

It probably wouldn't nail ALL images, but the majority would be clear, and it'd be a configured default on your computer so you could load up the front page, etc, with no issues.

VeryCoolCat
04-25-2006, 1:20 PM
Theres a few programs out there you can use to hit several keys and it'll pop up with a fake window. Or learn to use (Windows Key) + D.

Saved me many a time when I was under 18 and living with my parents and erhm... Yea

PanzerAce
04-25-2006, 1:57 PM
I can Alt+tab if I really need to, but the problem is that the computer I use at work faces the door to the IT dept, so I cant just hide it...

RRangel
04-25-2006, 4:32 PM
Would this help?

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/archive/index.php/

Turbinator
04-25-2006, 5:32 PM
Theres a few programs out there you can use to hit several keys and it'll pop up with a fake window. Or learn to use (Windows Key) + D.

Saved me many a time when I was under 18 and living with my parents and erhm... Yea

Thanks for the tip, you learn something new every day - RE: the Windows Key + D.

Turby

PanzerAce
04-25-2006, 6:04 PM
Would this help?

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/archive/index.php/

like that, but preferably in a version that has modern threads :D

Inoxmark
04-27-2006, 8:17 AM
like that, but preferably in a version that has modern threads :DModern threads are in the end of the post list of each forum, looks like threads are archived daily. Archives are just what they are though: you can browse but not post.

rkt88edmo
04-27-2006, 6:50 PM
Is it a work computer that you can't install another browser on? If not you can use a different browser and set it to not load any images. That gets rid of most of the "scary" content and avatars.