View Full Version : Robo dove

07-31-2010, 11:21 PM
Who use's the robo dove and decoys.Since I used one during the second season last year I will never go out with out one.It sucks them out of the sky and brings them in to shooting distance.I even had them land right next to the robo dove.:D

08-01-2010, 7:56 AM
They have their place, but when the doves are plentiful and flying, why? That's when you use technique.

My friend always sets out a couple and I am always 25-30 yards or more away. I should be getting hurt by his setup and sometimes it seems like he pulls a couple his way. But we always finish within a few minutes of each other. Sometimes I finish first, somtimes he does. And I shoot a 20 ga choked F/M to his 12 ga autoloader choked however he likes (and he can shoot as well as I can)

Its easy to over-estimate how much they help.

08-01-2010, 12:04 PM
I've used mine late in the season when the dove are harder to find. They work great for new hunters or kids to bring doves in close. Robo doves also are the shizzle for aiding in calling bobcats and coyotes. They can see that white flash for a long long way. Be careful where you sit it out, I've had two goofs stalk mine and we waved them off before they got too close but you never know.

08-01-2010, 3:19 PM
Got any pics of them.

08-01-2010, 9:08 PM
Mojo makes them. I thought I had a pic of one from a couple years back but can't find it. I got one of the early models without the on/off switch. The new ones have this. I just soldered in a toggle switch inside mine. They use a 4 AA pack.

The only drawback to these are the wing arms are kind of fragile, if you bend one the wings gets out of balance and you have to bend it back.

They come with a 2 section square stake dealio with a point on one end. It raises the dove up about 4 foot to get over brush or you can just hang one section on a small tree limb for higher position.

$40 I think I paid for mine, not sure what they go for now.

08-02-2010, 2:56 PM
They work as advertised, I don't take mine out untill second season. For one of them I made my own pole so I could have two different heights at the same time.
I'll give a little secret too they work great on teal as well

08-02-2010, 4:35 PM
I like them for the high fliers and the ones that are not going to pass over you but change direction when they see the mojo.