PDA

View Full Version : Though "New and un-fired"... it ain't.. well not really

Bongos
07-31-2010, 6:53 PM
With the trying times, lots of rifles are put up for sale in the Classifieds... more so the AR, with the Obama scare of last year as well as causing a Nation wide ammo shortage... the market is saturated. Everyone I owns at least one AR, most with two or more, with a few in the 5 to 6 range. More and more ARs are up for sale, whether it's full customs or uppers... it's a buyer's market.. don't get me wrong, I've formulation quite a nice collection... My only gripe is some sellers think there stuff is immaculent since it's unfired... (i do not really understand this as why you buy an AR custom to your specs with choice components and not shoot it) Just because it's unfired, it's only slightly better than used products but not close to new. Now there was one for say $1600, I offered $1400 and the guy said he was not interested. I don't think I low balled him by any means so I move one.. He did reduce it by $50, I just thought, these are a dime a dozen with over a few 100Ks in CA so chances are another one will come up...When you are in this price range, you are in gas piston territory... I guess I'm kinda venting but kinda not. the funny thing is, weeks from now and if his rifle does not sale, he is going to wish he took my offer... oh well.

Gallows
07-31-2010, 7:03 PM
It would be safe to assume that your going to take a hit when you sell a used rifle, handgun, shotgun, etc. I am selling my handgun soon and selling it for almost 200 less than what I put into it. It only makes sense.

Freagan
07-31-2010, 7:09 PM
I'm more tired of seeing people post their guns as NIB when the gun has smilies on the barrel ect. ect. and have obviously been used.

tankerman
07-31-2010, 7:44 PM
It's been this way for a while. Newbs think their standard production guns are worth a mint regardless of condition or the market.

Just ignore them, move on.
You'll get a chance to buy their guns when their widow or children dump them for next to nothing.

Bongos
07-31-2010, 8:05 PM
You'll get a chance to buy their guns when their widow or children dump them for next to nothing.

This happens once in a blue moon, I just love it when you heavily discounted you rifle and newb wants over retail for his run of the mill trade...:confused:

G60
07-31-2010, 9:50 PM
i get a laugh out of "brand new, only XX shots down the pipe" etc.

uhh...learn what 'brand new' means.

shooting4life
07-31-2010, 10:02 PM
Even if the item is actually brand new, still in the original packaging it should sell less than from an on line retailer. I just bought a cz 527 that someone never shot and was new in the box. Only taken out for pictures. Still paid 200 less than market rate because it was from an individual.

stitchnicklas
07-31-2010, 10:16 PM
it's like going to s swap meet,you want buy the 15yr old wrench from the hispanic guy but he wants sears prices for it because it is craftsman.=they think their items are made of gold.so pass it up and you WILL find a better gun for less.

i saw some shmuck at the ontario gun show wanting $720 for a russian sks that was about 65% condition,i told him that was outrages and he said it was the best price of the show,i then told him the guy on the back wall has 3 2 russians and chinese all 550 each. he said say waaaaahat? i looked at him like he was micheal kelso walked away saying to my self "kettle head"....end rant