View Full Version : Buds Gun Shop

07-31-2010, 3:31 PM
Has anyone ordered from them before? Did a search and couldn't find anything on them. I finally found the 1911 I've always wanted and I'm close to pulling the trigger on it, no pun intended :D

Any feedback on them would be appreciated

07-31-2010, 3:44 PM
They are good to go.

07-31-2010, 3:51 PM
I think there have been quite a few threads about Bud's. Over the years, I've ordered from them many times. They are always helpful, even if they are busy and the phone rolls to voice mail more often than we might find convenient.

If you know exactly what you want, find it on their website, and are DEAD NUTS SURE you won't change your mind or catch a mistake (on your part) after you click the "buy" button then I think you will be a very happy camper. If you click and then a minute later spot something else you want more or find a mistake ("no! I meant the stainless!") then it gets a little complicated. They have to put a human being to work going and undoing all the business that just took place electronically by an automated system, and that takes time and energy which costs their business money. Some folks have griped and whined about a restocking fee when they made a mistake ordering, and a Bud's employee had to take time away from other duties to straighten things out. Be aware of this going in, and you save yourself from any unpleasant surprises. If you're the type who doesn't deal well with computers, then call and order by phone and you likely won't have any problems.

Like I say, I have ordered from Bud's many times over the years. They have good merchandise and very competitive prices if you can work with their business model. I have never been unhappy with a purchase from them. They even have financing available if you see something you just gotta have and you want it now but don't have the cash free (which can be a little dangerous if your eyes get bigger than your pocketbook!)

I enjoy shopping online at Buds and I will likely buy from them again - I'm kind of saving up right now in anticipation of the handgun roster taking a swan dive. Good luck and give Bud's a try, I think you'll find them affordable and easy to work with if you can keep your focus and get it right the first time.

07-31-2010, 4:39 PM
Buds is great -IF they have what you want in stock AND you know what you want. Follow bruss01's excellent advice and you'll be fine.
One thing I might add is that if you're buying a used gun, it may ship in absolutely filthy condition, but underneath the grime will be a gun in as good or better condition than Buds rated it.
And don't be afraid to utilize their "cash price" feature; you put up a credit card number to hold the gun, send them a check or money order, and they'll let you know when it arrives. Done this many times myself and never had any problem whatsoever. Their automated email notification system will keep you updated every step of the way, culminating with shipping/tracking info when they give your gun to UPS.

Here's a recent article about Buds:

07-31-2010, 5:24 PM
The one purchase I made from them went well.

07-31-2010, 5:56 PM
Purchased from them a few months ago - echo everything that has been posted by everyone else. Good place / good prices - just make sure you know what you want and also know that the advertised price is the "cash discounted price"

07-31-2010, 6:00 PM
I bought a pistol from them a year ago, everything went smoothly and as expected. I'd use them again.

07-31-2010, 6:28 PM
Thanks for the responses guys. I just placed my order for a SA Operator. Can't wait for it.

08-01-2010, 9:53 AM
ATT :chris: They have better service than some gun stores.

08-01-2010, 11:56 AM
I have bought multiple guns from Buds, great company to deal with. I got my PM7 for $920... such a great deal for me. Anyway, I would buy with confidence.

08-01-2010, 12:00 PM
I've done 4 transactions with Bud's in the last 18 months. All went off without a hitch.
I will use them again in the future.

VytamenC Tactical
08-01-2010, 9:35 PM
i have purchased 3 pistols from them in the past year all great transactions there great

08-02-2010, 7:51 AM
I purchased from them earlier this year, no problem.

08-02-2010, 7:54 AM
I purchased a pistol from them a couple months ago and everything went great.

08-02-2010, 8:19 AM
Been buying guns from Buds for a couple of years. Not perfect but if something goes south they are available and correct it readily. +1 on Buds

08-02-2010, 8:31 AM
I recently bought from Bud's and they are good to go.

08-02-2010, 8:31 AM
I get lots of spam from them, I don't know if that would help. j.

08-02-2010, 8:52 AM
Bought my Dan Wesson there. Couldn't have been a better experience. I'm planning on getting a savage .17hmr bolt gun in october from them as well.