PDA

View Full Version : May Issue Counties

Anti-Hero
07-31-2010, 3:14 PM
Does anyone know, or have any reports of "may issue" counties, like Placer/El Dorado loosening good cause/good character requirements post McDonald?

Flopper
07-31-2010, 3:19 PM
All CA counties are May Issue.

I assume you mean Reasonable Issue.

You might want to change your thread title since it's pretty ambiguous.

Window_Seat
07-31-2010, 3:34 PM
Interesting... I was just thinking about this earlier today, and wondering if this map should be updated:

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f337/clownburner/OCCCWS/ca_ccw_map-big.png

Erik.

Paul S
07-31-2010, 3:49 PM
Knowing the intransigence of many of California's sheriff's it'd be my guess
there will be NO CHANGES in CCW issuing policy unless or until it is forced by litigation. That...or ousted in an election and replaced by a more friendly CCW sheriff such as Margaret Mimms here in Fresno.

obeygiant
07-31-2010, 3:50 PM
Interesting... I was just thinking about this earlier today, and wondering if this map should be updated:

Erik.

Not quite yet but there will be a time in the near future that it will have to be updated.

gnatnoop
07-31-2010, 3:55 PM
the whole things going to be brown, or what?

Window_Seat
07-31-2010, 4:04 PM

We're expecting the whole thing to be green within the next 18-24 months, providing the up & coming cases we are engaged in continue to go through.

See Sykes & Palmer below in my sig line.

Also, take a look at Peruta v. County of San Diego (http://wiki.calgunsfoundation.org/index.php/Peruta_v._County_of_San_Diego) I'm trying to figure out how to get that in my sig line below in my sig line :D.

Erik.

N6ATF
08-01-2010, 9:38 AM

Most sheriffs won't soil themselves. But those that do will have to dispose of their underwear, which will eventually grow either fungus, or help fertilize green plants.

So eventually the whole state will be green, figuratively and literally.

:p

pitchbaby
08-01-2010, 11:12 AM
El Dorado, last I heard was not issuing so freely.

bulgron
08-01-2010, 11:48 AM
We're expecting the whole thing to be green within the next 18-24 months, providing the up & coming cases we are engaged in continue to go through.

Based on the things I've heard about Santa Clara County and our lovely Sheriff, I won't be surprised if she takes extra special convincing in a federal court to start issuing to average people who haven't got $50K to cough up towards her special funds. If so, 24 months might be too short a time frame.

But then again, if she's extra special stubborn about it, a few gunnies in this county might end up with a nice payment towards their retirement accounts at the end of it all.

k1dude
08-01-2010, 1:22 PM
Does anyone know, or have any reports of "may issue" counties, like Placer/El Dorado loosening good cause/good character requirements post McDonald?

Don't hold your breath.

wildhawker
08-01-2010, 3:01 PM
As obeygiant alluded, some very interesting information will be publicly available in the near future.

Ford8N
08-01-2010, 3:46 PM

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f337/clownburner/OCCCWS/ca_ccw_map-big.png

Erik.

This map is way way wrong. SLO county is a SOLID RED!

Connor P Price
08-01-2010, 5:39 PM
As obeygiant alluded, some very interesting information will be publicly available in the near future.

:lurk5:

Vox
08-01-2010, 8:06 PM
I like my county, San Bernardino, even more.

Lagduf
08-01-2010, 9:18 PM
Anyone had success in getting a CCW in Placer County lately?

Blackhawk556
08-01-2010, 11:08 PM
I thought madera county was solid green?

Anti-Hero
08-02-2010, 9:52 AM
Don't hold your breath.

Care to elaborate? Your opinion is contrary to many people "in the know."

N6ATF
08-02-2010, 10:04 AM
I don't think you can hold your breath for 18-24(?) months. I think the longest I ever got was a minute when I was learning to swim.

Anti-Hero
08-02-2010, 11:03 AM
60 seconds is a pretty small breath hold. Practice your static apnea in a pool by just submerging your face. The average person can easily do 3+ min. with a little practice.

shooting4life
08-02-2010, 12:10 PM
Cannot wait till San Mateo is changed to dark green. Hope it happens before I turn 30 (25 now)

Hogxtz
08-02-2010, 12:16 PM
As far as I know, El Dorado Co has not changed their policy and is still a stickler with "good cause" even though the Sheriff retired early and the UnderSheriff Kollar is running things right now. But wait untill D'Agostini wins the Sheriff's race, ccw will be as close to shall issue as a county can get.

N6ATF
08-02-2010, 12:22 PM
60 seconds is a pretty small breath hold. Practice your static apnea in a pool by just submerging your face. The average person can easily do 3+ min. with a little practice.

Maybe it was 3 then. IDK, I was less than 10 y/o without asthma.

Uriah02
08-02-2010, 12:24 PM
The only thing I have seen about wider CCW issuance was the Sheriffs race in El Dorado County

OleCuss
08-02-2010, 12:31 PM
I think the map is wrong for Stanislaus County as well. I think it should be light green but it could be a nice dark green. I don't think yellow is correct.

Nick Justice
08-02-2010, 12:55 PM
Most of the sheriffs who say they will start to issue more permits are only doing it to scare the county supervisors into giving more money to the sheriff's department (or stop cuts to it). I don't know how many boards take the bait.

N6ATF
08-03-2010, 12:53 AM
Most of the sheriffs who say they will start to issue more permits are only doing it to scare the county supervisors into giving more money to the sheriff's department (or stop cuts to it). I don't know how many boards take the bait.

If only a single county board of supervisors called the bluff.

"Ok Mister Sheriff, your entire budget is now cut down to your salary alone. If you want to be reelected, then issue CCWs retroactively and automatically in the future to all sane law-abiding citizens. Crime won't skyrocket if armed criminals are outnumbered 50 to 1."