PDA

View Full Version : Form FD 4542A

Donny1
07-31-2010, 11:32 AM
I have a revolver that I purchased from a PP in 1986. In the event I ever use it for SD or use it for CCW should that ever happen, I understand the importance of it being registered so I finally sent in the form a couple days ago.

My question is how long do you think it will take and will I be notified when it's successful?

tenpercentfirearms
07-31-2010, 1:04 PM
I have a revolver that I purchased from a PP in 1986. In the event I ever use it for SD or use it for CCW should that ever happen, I understand the importance of it being registered so I finally sent in the form a couple days ago.

My question is how long do you think it will take and will I be notified when it's successful?

That was silly. It was grandfathered in. Does your county even require you to have a registered gun if you CCW it? Mine doesn't.

Less than 30 days.

CSACANNONEER
07-31-2010, 1:07 PM
It's only important if you get caught ILLEGALLY CCWing it.

Donny1
07-31-2010, 1:26 PM
It's only important if you get caught ILLEGALLY CCWing it.

Or as I understand it in any situation that may be questionable an unregistered handgun turns a Misdemeanor into a Felony.

As far a CCW situation I don't know exactly where I'll be living in the near future.

Mssr. Eleganté
07-31-2010, 3:40 PM
Or as I understand it in any situation that may be questionable an unregistered handgun turns a Misdemeanor into a Felony.

Illegal CCW is the only situation where it turns a misdemeanor into a felony. As for the time that it will take for the registration notification to come back from CalDOJ, between two weeks and three months.