PDA

View Full Version : P-mags...CAUTION!

Capt. Speirs
07-31-2010, 10:09 AM
I tried a search, couldn't find anything on the newer P-Mag capacity issue. My latest shipment of 30 rd and 20 rd P-Mags hold 31 and 21 rounds. :eek: The problem is, if you use a predetermined size plug to block of to 10 rds, the mags actually take 11 rounds very easily. Just want to give you guys a heads up; those of you who test each Mag will have discovered that already.

tenpercentfirearms
07-31-2010, 12:05 PM
I tried a search, couldn't find anything on the newer P-Mag capacity issue. My latest shipment of 30 rd and 20 rd P-Mags hold 31 and 21 rounds. :eek: The problem is, if you use a predetermined size plug to block of to 10 rds, the mags actually take 11 rounds very easily. Just want to give you guys a heads up; those of you who test each Mag will have discovered that already.

Makes me glad I am not messing with them, even though I probably ought to be.

If I ever do buy plugs, I guess I better check and see if the manufacturer will honor replacements if the PMags change.

OCArmory
07-31-2010, 2:48 PM
It has been a problem for awhile. Raddlock sells shims to make the blocks work with them.

Capt. Speirs
07-31-2010, 6:34 PM
It has been a problem for awhile. Raddlock sells shims to make the blocks work with them.

Peter was in the shop today and we messed around with some 20..errr 21, yes even 22 round P-mags. The shim idea really doesn't work that well with the "20 Round Mags", Peter and I found that a self tapping screw works better. If you need help with it, PM me.

stitchnicklas
07-31-2010, 11:17 PM
you gentleman are aware that magpul is starting to produce factory 10rd pmags in limited runs now right,soon you will be able to charge the same price and have no modifications to do for it...sweet and easy for you guys...and factory warranty too

NorCalDustin
07-31-2010, 11:34 PM
I haven't heard anything official yet...

AlliedArmory
08-01-2010, 2:53 AM
you gentleman are aware that magpul is starting to produce factory 10rd pmags in limited runs now right,soon you will be able to charge the same price and have no modifications to do for it...sweet and easy for you guys...and factory warranty too

From what I know, they are not released yet. Have not seen a single one around the way yet either.

stitchnicklas
08-01-2010, 7:17 AM
ell magpul told me over the phone 2 weeks ago that they were doing product runs.
then midway usa started recieveing them and filling backorders from what i was told over the phone..
take it anyway you want,i have a backorder with midway for the 10/30 pmags from magpul

Capt. Speirs
08-01-2010, 11:25 AM

My customers don't want 10 round mags because they are too short and difficult to handle, also screws with muscle memory.

stitchnicklas
08-01-2010, 12:24 PM
My customers don't want 10 round mags because they are too short and difficult to handle, also screws with muscle memory.
they are 10rds in a 30 rd body from factory magpul reps phone call with me..

http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct/?productNumber=627464

i am trying out the tango down mag next weekend,i plan on putting about 200rd torture test through it,i will let you people know how it fairs..

http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct/?productNumber=210840

Capt. Speirs
08-02-2010, 2:41 PM
they are 10rds in a 30 rd body from factory magpul reps phone call with me.

Unfortunately that does not help with the 20..21 round mag issue. Some customers run bi-pods and can't use 30 rd mags.

stitchnicklas
08-02-2010, 2:45 PM
i see...capt.

stitchnicklas
08-07-2010, 3:09 PM
the tango down 10/30 factory magazine tested out perfectly today,zero problems from the mag.......

fed just as good as a pmag,cost $20.47 at midway and they are not modified..