PDA

View Full Version : lost and found

JASON82
07-31-2010, 12:04 AM
I found a few colt revolvers in an old box in the back of our storage closet in the house. I was wondering how rare they were. Not planning on ever selling them as they belonged to my step dad. Just curious. One of them past its prime long ago.

The markings on them are:

Colt D.A. 32 ( looked online a bit and it appears to be a new pocket revolver, has a good amount of rust and is not in working order)

Colt Army Special .38 ( some rust not real bad )

Colt Official Police .38 ( again some rust but doesn't appear that bad)

Ruger Blackhawk .30 carbine ( Don't really need information on this one but since I found it with the others I figure I would include it.

I found them about 30 mins ago so I will look at them more closely tomorrow morning.

Any info would be great

Thanks

RTE
07-31-2010, 2:39 AM
I'd say pull the shells (If any) and grips, soak the pistols in WD-40 to loosen up the rust.

Joe
07-31-2010, 3:01 AM
take some pics!

JASON82
07-31-2010, 10:38 AM
I'll try to get some pics up tonight.

DisgruntledReaper
07-31-2010, 11:14 AM
'Ruger Blackhawk .30 carbine ( Don't really need information on this one but since I found it with the others I figure I would include it.''

these are cool......remeber in the 'good old days' ..guys would get a M1 carbine and then have a blackhawk in .30 carbine ....kind of like a modern day cowboy combo. I knew some guys who carried the pair in their vehicles as vehicle/camp firearms...

Hey they have SP/HP for 30 carbine..wonder how it would be hunting with the BH.

shooting4life
08-02-2010, 10:32 AM
Ruger 3 screw 30 carbine if it has the original box could be worth a bit.