PDA

View Full Version : New City Arms store

kamagong
07-30-2010, 6:37 PM
It looks like City Arms is opening a second branch called City Arms East. It's located in Pleasant Hill, on Golf Club Road in the FedEx Kinko's shopping area. I'm always happy to see new firearms businesses open and the fact that it's so close is just icing on the cake.

NorCal_
07-30-2010, 8:55 PM
Nice to see a firearms business branch out and have a second location, especially here in California.

swerv512
07-30-2010, 9:04 PM
My favorite Uncle always says " Who wants to give me money." ;)

G-Man WC
07-30-2010, 11:08 PM
Correct. Vladimir was handing out business cards at the Friends of the NRA dinner last Sat night on the Hornet. His business, City Arms was doing the DROS for firearms winners.
The P-Hill address will be (according to the card)
60 Golf Club Road
I had to shake his hand when he announced the new shop. Told him that we need a real gun store in the east bay. It just has not been the same since Hogan's and White bear went the way of the dodo. -g

CalNRA
07-30-2010, 11:17 PM
that's right near DVGW ain't it?

kamagong
07-31-2010, 5:43 AM
Close. It's a couple of football fields away from both Sunvalley Mall and Diablo Valley College.

barca101
07-31-2010, 1:48 PM
Is there an opening date? Will it be like their store in pacifica?

bruceflinch
07-31-2010, 4:45 PM
Oh Yeah!

snypr
08-05-2010, 7:53 PM
I just went to dinner with my better half (El Tapitio) and walked by. I didnt see an opening sign, but was freaking PUMPED that another store is going in. Actually, it was my better half that scoped it out.

snypr
08-05-2010, 7:54 PM
It just has not been the same since Hogan's and White bear went the way of the dodo.

Boy thats the truth G-Man, I sure miss white bear....

torsf
08-10-2010, 12:12 AM
I saw the city arms truck going to Home Depot in Concord today and flipped a lid when I saw the PH address on there!

Can't wait for it to open.

Joe
08-10-2010, 12:50 AM
Awesome! Finally a gunstore worth going to that isn't an hour away. Can't wait for them to open.

Purple K
08-10-2010, 10:33 AM
This is gonna hurt my wallet!

osokne
08-13-2010, 10:46 AM
Looking at at least a "couple / few" more weeks, as they are finalizing some details. Just called 'em and asked.

Johnny.B.Good
08-13-2010, 11:25 AM
Looking at at least a "couple / few" more weeks, as they are finalizing some details. Just called 'em and asked.

I just picked up a new G19 yesterday so I can't buy anything else for few more weeks anyway (which makes us all safer somehow). Look forward to a new shop in my backyard.

doughboy334
08-13-2010, 7:39 PM
Cool who will be running that store? Or will they hire a new manager and Vlad and Dimitri will both remain in pacifica?

swerv512
08-13-2010, 8:04 PM
Cool who will be running that store? Or will they hire a new manager and Vlad and Dimitri will both remain in pacifica?

UNCLE V:TFH:

cyclenut
08-13-2010, 9:40 PM
Yes! Now I don't have to deal with DVGW or Canyon Sports! :cool:

battleship
08-22-2010, 10:28 AM
When is opening day and will they be open on Sundays.

safewaysecurity
09-22-2010, 2:03 PM
30 second walk from school XD. This is a dream come true.

osokne
09-22-2010, 2:05 PM
Are they open? I rolled through there a few days ago and the sign still said "coming soon".

safewaysecurity
09-22-2010, 2:11 PM
Someone on another thread said this weekend the 25th

nagorb
09-22-2010, 2:19 PM
UNCLE V:TFH:

I sure hope not.

Darklyte27
09-22-2010, 6:31 PM
Opens this saturday, will be there

Joe
09-22-2010, 8:55 PM
Opens this saturday, will be there

Awesome. I'll probably check it out too. Do you know if they're going to be doing a grand opening sale or something special?

safewaysecurity
09-22-2010, 8:57 PM
How come they have nothin on their website? I'm surprised the college isn't complaining about a gun store so close by I mean you literally just walk across the street from the school and BAM! Maybe they complained earlier during the permit process or something but I never heard anything about it from libs on campus. I'm hopin for some good specials.

nagorb
09-22-2010, 9:02 PM
Awesome. I'll probably check it out too. Do you know if they're going to be doing a grand opening sale or something special?

Maybe I should have waited to buy my rem 700, just picked it up yesterday in pacifica.

Joe
09-22-2010, 11:47 PM
Ya I'm hoping they'll have a couple good deals. I'm going to go with my girlfriend. Maybe I can pressure her into buying me a gun =D

chiselchst
09-23-2010, 1:32 AM
Oh man, this is gonna cost me... I always like to support a local biz when I can. Thing is, I already have two pistolas waiting at my local FFL...

I'm in Martinez, and will be by there soon to check it out! :D

Glad they got it permitted and finalized. In and Out Burger is having trouble getting permitted in WC :eek: I never did hear a peep about this, which is the way it should be. :43:

safewaysecurity
09-23-2010, 7:38 AM
In n out too? All my wishes are coming true.

safewaysecurity
09-23-2010, 9:52 AM
I just saw the store today. I stopped by after school and saw the sign and the van outside. Also saw them moving some stuff in. Can't wait. Should maybe try and get a job there since it's so close.

mattja
09-23-2010, 4:07 PM
This is great news. Hopefully, they will give Canyon Sports in Martinez some competition, and it's great to have another gun store closer than Dublin as well. I live just a few miles away from the Pleasant Hill store. :)

ETA, is the new store on the El Tapitio side of Golf Club or across the street by 7-Eleven?

Inoxmark
09-23-2010, 4:42 PM
El Tapatio side on same plaza. Heard City Arms commercial on the radio this morning about grand opening this Saturday. No mention of any specials.

QuarterBoreGunner
09-23-2010, 5:21 PM
Man finally, Dimitry and Uncle V have been wanting to do this for years...

Darklyte27
09-23-2010, 5:31 PM
coworker heard the commercial, i had no idea of out til he told me.
ill see you guys there.
no idea on sales or anything.

rkt88edmo
09-23-2010, 5:46 PM
Hell ya! Good to see a new one opening especially given the closure of Hogan's and CoCo collectibles.

FS00008
09-23-2010, 6:51 PM
How come they have nothin on their website? I'm surprised the college isn't complaining about a gun store so close by I mean you literally just walk across the street from the school and BAM! Maybe they complained earlier during the permit process or something but I never heard anything about it from libs on campus. I'm hopin for some good specials.

It is labeled City Arms. I go to DVC as well, 99% of the morons there probably think it's a tanning salon.

FS00008
09-23-2010, 6:51 PM
TBH, I love DVGW, have never had an issue there. Have been to the Pacifica store once, but this is still good news. Two shops in PH means my wallet will be twice as empty.

safewaysecurity
09-23-2010, 7:39 PM
It is labeled City Arms. I go to DVC as well, 99% of the morons there probably think it's a tanning salon.

Lol hello fellow schoolmate

mattja
09-24-2010, 9:48 AM
I drove by yesterday on the way home from work. It's in that College Square shopping center off Golf Club as mentioned.

If you pull into College Square, you'll see El Tapitio on the left and Giant Chef on the right. Don't turn either way just drive straight through like you were heading to the back side of Carrows. It's on the left next to a Chinese restuarant called "Quickly." Parking is limited in that shopping center, but I'm sure there are no problems off hours.

I never thought a gun store would open by DVC. My old school (1981-1983). :D

I am freakin' stoked!

safewaysecurity
09-24-2010, 9:54 AM
I'm surprised I have not seen any backlash from the libs at school. Looks like it was kind of secret?

osokne
09-24-2010, 9:58 AM
The sign has been up, for some time. Their logo has crossed rifles, so the libs are either blind or it didn't register in their heads what it was! :D

FS00008
09-24-2010, 10:06 AM
Like I said man, they're morons there. Especially the SDS idiots. That one guy, the sex offender who runs it (Frank something, Sleepinghorse or something like that), he's been going to DVC since 1990 and still hasn't left. Who the hell stays at a community college for 20 years...

Anyways, they probably dont understand that it's a real gun shop and not Airsoft or something.

joel1316
09-24-2010, 11:07 AM
This great news! Another store in the East Bay so we don't have to deal with Canyon Sports! I've got cash in hand, ready to spend!

Will they be open Sunday too?

Joe
09-24-2010, 11:11 AM
Does anyone know what hours they will be open tomorrow?

shooting4life
09-24-2010, 12:50 PM
I should be there tomorrow, hope they have some deals or at least punch and pie

Joe
09-25-2010, 1:11 PM
Went in earlier with my girlfriend. Picked up a new Ruger sp101. Pretty good prices, great selection, and the employees were very friendly and helpful. I'll be going there again soon for sure.

mattja
09-25-2010, 4:10 PM
I was there for a couple of hours today. Very friendly and knowledgeable staff. They don't have a full inventory yet, especially ammo, but in the time I was there they sold an XD, two Glocks, maybe a Ruger 9mm and a Beretta M9.

Most people were browsing, but they sold some guns, so that's great. They didn't have a lot of rifles, but what they did have on display were wisely chosen (Saigas, ARs with bullet buttons, etc. I saw a Marlin Guide Gun or two as well and a nice Mossy 590A1.)

They're in the process of getting a handle on what people want and will adjust their stock as necessary.

I found their prices reasonable. Nothing in cheap in the SF Bay Area, but some stores take advantage of that and charge well above MSRP. These guys do not and that was refreshing. The 5% grand opening discount was nice too.

It's great to have a store in Pleasant Hill. I'll be coming back, for sure.

UBFRAGD
09-25-2010, 4:21 PM
What a trip. In the middle of the biggest American recession, with everything being done on the internet these days, immigrant Americans from a former Com-bloc expand a bricks-and-mortar gun into another location, all while paying for pro-gun, pro-self-defense commercials on AM radio. Really, it gives one hope for the future.

Darklyte27
09-25-2010, 9:56 PM
Quickly is not a Chinese restaurant, haha
its a "boba" shop, a popular drink with "pearl" or tapioca balls.
its a student hangout spot..
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bubble_tea

but anyways, i stopped by the shop this morning, it was soso nothing special. no deals, just another gun shop.
Another cg'er friend of mine said they quoted a saiga for 499$ as to where he can get one elsewhere for 350$

I drove by yesterday on the way home from work. It's in that College Square shopping center off Golf Club as mentioned.

If you pull into College Square, you'll see El Tapitio on the left and Giant Chef on the right. Don't turn either way just drive straight through like you were heading to the back side of Carrows. It's on the left next to a Chinese restuarant called "Quickly." Parking is limited in that shopping center, but I'm sure there are no problems off hours.

I never thought a gun store would open by DVC. My old school (1981-1983). :D

I am freakin' stoked!

rrr70
09-26-2010, 4:28 AM
Quickly is not a Chinese restaurant, haha
its a "boba" shop, a popular drink with "pearl" or tapioca balls.
its a student hangout spot..
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bubble_tea

but anyways, i stopped by the shop this morning, it was soso nothing special. no deals, just another gun shop.
Another cg'er friend of mine said they quoted a saiga for 499$ as to where he can get one elsewhere for 350$

It was Saiga in 308. Your friend can get it for $350?

FS00008
09-26-2010, 9:14 AM
Yes, I can get it elsewhere for $350 new :-D. Darklyte was talking about me. PM me if you have a question about where.

FS00008
09-26-2010, 9:16 AM
And yea, it's a boba shop. ANd a good one :-)

rrr70
09-26-2010, 9:21 AM
Yes, I can get it elsewhere for $350 new :-D. Darklyte was talking about me. PM me if you have a question about where.

$350 for brand new Saiga .308REM not a 7.62X39?

FS00008
09-26-2010, 11:31 AM
That's what I was quoted, however I'll double check on Tuesday when the shop is open again. And don't you mean .308WIN? ;-)

tango5
09-26-2010, 4:10 PM
I'll have to check this place out. I live in Pleasant Hill, and a "good" local gun store with a selection would be nice. But i hold J&R Sports on a pedestal, they are the best shop around IMO. If it aint better than J&R, or if the staff isnt like J&R, i'll drive the distance to a good shop. Too many local gun shops are just not that good, and it makes me wonder how they stay in business, for instance, Diablo Gun Works, small shop, if you get 4 customers in there, its crowded, and hardly any selection. Canyon, cant really say much more than over priced and rude CS. Antioch Armory used to be my shop, until their prices shot up and never came down, and they have stuff on their shelves with no price, and when you ask about it, they say its not for sale. WTF?

But i hope City Arms stocks their inventory well, has good CS, and good prices, i would love to do business there!

CalNRA
09-26-2010, 4:56 PM
Antioch Armory used to be my shop, until their prices shot up and never came down, and they have stuff on their shelves with no price, and when you ask about it, they say its not for sale. WTF?

huh.

A while back (years ago) I used to drive to Antioch from Fremont area just for the prices.

Should have gotten that CZ75 they had for 399.99 when I had the chance.

torsf
09-26-2010, 7:26 PM
I finally picked up a glock 19 - 5% off helped put me over the edge. $601 out the door, after taxes & dros (going to san jose for the GSSF discount is cheaper, but making the drive 2x kills it for me). I think they will certainly give DVG & canyon sports a run for their money.

There were a good 20+ people in the store when I left.

Unfortunately, one of the employees let me handle a kimber compact CDP. I simply must have one. Looks like I'll be putting my fal build off for quite some time :(

I did see the saiga for $499 - it was a 308 win. Cheapest I've seen them online is about 450, so their price was quite good IMO.

Joe
09-26-2010, 8:33 PM
I finally picked up a glock 19 - 5% off helped put me over the edge. $601 out the door, after taxes & dros (going to san jose for the GSSF discount is cheaper, but making the drive 2x kills it for me). I think they will certainly give DVG & canyon sports a run for their money.

There were a good 20+ people in the store when I left.

Unfortunately, one of the employees let me handle a kimber compact CDP. I simply must have one. Looks like I'll be putting my fal build off for quite some time :(

I did see the saiga for $499 - it was a 308 win. Cheapest I've seen them online is about 450, so their price was quite good IMO.

I believe you were ahead of me in line. The guy in front of me bought a glock. I bought a Ruger sp101 and it came out to 550 out the door.

Their prices are among the lowest I've seen in the bay area and the guys there were friendly and helpful. I'm going to return for sure.

torsf
09-26-2010, 10:12 PM
I believe you were ahead of me in line. The guy in front of me bought a glock. I bought a Ruger sp101 and it came out to 550 out the door.

Their prices are among the lowest I've seen in the bay area and the guys there were friendly and helpful. I'm going to return for sure.

Hmm, I do remember a guy behind me with a girl & buying a ruger. Too bad we didn't get to meet.

joel1316
09-27-2010, 6:12 AM
That 5% discount wasn't given across the board!
Oh well... Saves me trip from going to a shop that is farther.

Cool store. Wife and kid were in Quickly while I shopped.

I'll ask for the 5% next time, lol.

spddrcr
09-27-2010, 8:38 AM
A friend and i stopped in sat to check the place out. the prices are way cheaper then anything we have now. Im in concord and have had to drive way out of my way to make any gun purchase as i wont use the local shops. that right there kills any deal i would have gotten. if they dont have a gun in stock they will order it for you if they can, which is something other store wont do. go to canyon and ask them to order a gun from you and they will either tell you it's not on the list or try to talk you into something else.\

we went to canyon right after going to city arms and canyon had a few revolvers for twice the price that city arms were asking. I forsee a drop in prices across the board at the local gun shops.:D

osokne
09-27-2010, 8:43 AM
Did anyone happen to catch their days/hours of operation? I missed the G.O. as I was our supporting a gun-related event, all day.

norcal77
09-27-2010, 8:49 AM
This is great news!..glad to here there is alternative to the ones in the area..

torsf
09-27-2010, 9:33 AM
A friend and i stopped in sat to check the place out. the prices are way cheaper then anything we have now. Im in concord and have had to drive way out of my way to make any gun purchase as i wont use the local shops. that right there kills any deal i would have gotten. if they dont have a gun in stock they will order it for you if they can, which is something other store wont do. go to canyon and ask them to order a gun from you and they will either tell you it's not on the list or try to talk you into something else.\

we went to canyon right after going to city arms and canyon had a few revolvers for twice the price that city arms were asking. I forsee a drop in prices across the board at the local gun shops.:D

Forget the better prices - City Arms doesn't have a Ken or Zach. That alone will drive business towards them.

In fact, I almost purchased a glock 19 from DVG two months ago. I walked in, started looking at things, which seemed to annoy Ken. Before bringing up buying the glock, I asked him for a ballpark quote on fixing something. He gave me a price that said to me 'get out of the store', and then walked in the back.

Joe
09-27-2010, 11:51 AM
That 5% discount wasn't given across the board!
Oh well... Saves me trip from going to a shop that is farther.

Cool store. Wife and kid were in Quickly while I shopped.

I'll ask for the 5% next time, lol.

The 5% discount was only if you bought a gun in the first hour of the store opening. So only from 11-12. I got there just in time for the discount.

nagorb
09-27-2010, 11:52 AM

For handguns, they are by far the cheapest on the peninsula, there have been a few times I've paid OTD for less than any other shop had before tax/dros.

Joe
09-27-2010, 11:54 AM
Did anyone happen to catch their days/hours of operation? I missed the G.O. as I was our supporting a gun-related event, all day.

http://city-arms.com/

I believe their hours are:

Sunday & Monday: CLOSED
Tuesday Friday: 11am 7pm
Saturday: 11am 5pm

Unless of course those are the hours for the pacifica store. But they're probably the same.

Joe
09-27-2010, 11:57 AM
For handguns, they are by far the cheapest on the peninsula, there have been a few times I've paid OTD for less than any other shop had before tax/dros.

This is what I noticed also. The prices at city arms seemed to match the lowest prices I've seen for guns at other stores.

mattja
09-27-2010, 12:39 PM
I thought that Saiga 308 was sweet. And a good price, as well.

They had a Sig 226 in .40 S&W that caught my eye as well. Maybe next month.

safewaysecurity
09-28-2010, 10:03 AM
I got a Mossberg 590A1 XD and got 5% off since it was the first day. Dimitri is a funny dude. This store is a gift from the gun gods. Can't wait to pick it up. I noticed they had saigas but no AKs but they told be they would be bringing in AKs soon.

otis_bartleh
10-08-2010, 10:44 AM
Yeah, definitely excited to have a close alternative to the people at Canyon. I live about a 5 minute walk away from Canyon, but rather pay shipping fees for anything than spend my money in there.

EDIT: I just got back from City Arms, cool place, great guys there, still getting the stock up, but they have some really good prices on stuff, in fact, I'm now able to stop ordering ammo online, and get better ammo than I was using, for the same price...

joel1316
10-26-2010, 8:39 AM
Their inventory is slowly growing. Definitely way more than Diablo Gun Works. Canyon may have more number wise, but nothing that catches my eye. Just the usual Glocks and Sigs.

Ammo price is decent, I hope inventory grows also.

I love this place! Great guys too! Friendly and willing to shoot the ***** without the BS.

joepamjohn
10-26-2010, 5:10 PM
I was there last Friday and bought some 20 ga. target loads. GULPPPP! $7.99 a box! I am hoping that they get a clue and see what Big 5 and Sports Authority (down the street) sell the same for or I will still buy my ammo there. I really want to support the new place but price is a concern too.

They also said they are trying to get a 2nd hand dealer/pawn license and then they will have used guns and take trades. Then it will be a real gun store!

The new guns in stock didn't do much for me. Seemed like mostly black guns and Glocks, etc. I am sure many on this site will love that based on the other posts I have read.

The guys there are nice and are a real change from the Bozo's at DVGW and CS!

QuarterBoreGunner
10-26-2010, 5:29 PM
So is Dimitry there full time?

joepamjohn
10-26-2010, 8:14 PM

Not sure. I have been there 3 different times and he was there each time.

ivanimal
10-26-2010, 8:18 PM
They are sure nice and friendly.:)

QuarterBoreGunner
10-26-2010, 8:19 PM
Well I guess I know where I'm going this weekend.

Joe
10-26-2010, 8:21 PM
Its my new favorite gunshop. Pretty close to home and the guys working there couldn't be nicer and friendlier.

nagorb
10-26-2010, 8:42 PM
I was there last Friday and bought some 20 ga. target loads. GULPPPP! $7.99 a box! I am hoping that they get a clue and see what Big 5 and Sports Authority (down the street) sell the same for or I will still buy my ammo there. I really want to support the new place but price is a concern too.

They also said they are trying to get a 2nd hand dealer/pawn license and then they will have used guns and take trades. Then it will be a real gun store!

The new guns in stock didn't do much for me. Seemed like mostly black guns and Glocks, etc. I am sure many on this site will love that based on the other posts I have read.

The guys there are nice and are a real change from the Bozo's at DVGW and CS!

There is no way that they would be able to sell ammo for what big5 sells it for, just like big5 can't beat walmart.

What type of guns are you looking for?

joepamjohn
10-27-2010, 8:17 PM
There is no way that they would be able to sell ammo for what big5 sells it for, just like big5 can't beat walmart.

What type of guns are you looking for?

What types of guns am I looking for? Guns that have blued finish and real wood. New Glocks, HK's, AR/AK wantabe's and OLL's don't excite me. I like older used guns so I am hoping they will get their 2nd hand license to bring in used stuff soon. Nothing will ever compare to Contra Costa Collectibles when Mike Chance owned it though, but that is the type of store and inventory I like.

As for ammo, if they can't use buying power from both of their stores to compete with the Big 5's then they will loose sales. From me for sure. I shoot about a case of low base 12 ga target loads a week and my younger boy is now into shooting 20 ga, so price is a concern to me.

rrr70
10-27-2010, 8:24 PM
So, you are comparing buying power of ONE store to the CHAIN store like Big 5. Really?

nagorb
10-27-2010, 10:18 PM
What types of guns am I looking for? Guns that have blued finish and real wood. New Glocks, HK's, AR/AK wantabe's and OLL's don't excite me. I like older used guns so I am hoping they will get their 2nd hand license to bring in used stuff soon. Nothing will ever compare to Contra Costa Collectibles when Mike Chance owned it though, but that is the type of store and inventory I like.

As for ammo, if they can't use buying power from both of their stores to compete with the Big 5's then they will loose sales. From me for sure. I shoot about a case of low base 12 ga target loads a week and my younger boy is now into shooting 20 ga, so price is a concern to me.

How horrible of them to not carry exactly what you want! Seriously, calm down.

Yeah because two stores = over 600 with sales over $600 million.

I doubt they are going to loose $ as they've done so well that they opened a 2nd store:rolleyes: Maybe you should go help them with their business plan.

joepamjohn
10-28-2010, 7:31 PM
How horrible of them to not carry exactly what you want! Seriously, calm down.

Yeah because two stores = over 600 with sales over $600 million.

I doubt they are going to loose $ as they've done so well that they opened a 2nd store:rolleyes: Maybe you should go help them with their business plan.

I would be happy to help with the business plan. That's the problem, they do carry exactly what I want and I would love to support them, but as I already stated the cost of shells adds up when you buy a lot of them. You don't need the buying power of a Big 5 to offer competitive prices to consumers. You also need to be aware of your competition if you expect to succeed in this economy.

I am sure with your spend there that they will not miss what I don't spend.

rrr70
10-28-2010, 7:53 PM
I would be happy to help with the business plan. That's the problem, they do carry exactly what I want and I would love to support them, but as I already stated the cost of shells adds up when you buy a lot of them. You don't need the buying power of a Big 5 to offer competitive prices to consumers. You also need to be aware of your competition if you expect to succeed in this economy.

I am sure with your spend there that they will not miss what I don't spend.

How the F do you expect a store that buys 1-2 cases at the time to compete with CHAIN that buys TONS. Do you think they pay the same cost? :rolleyes:

nagorb
10-28-2010, 9:16 PM
How the F do you expect a store that buys 1-2 cases at the time to compete with CHAIN that buys TONS. Do you think they pay the same cost? :rolleyes:

He makes absolutely no sense.

code33
10-29-2010, 1:15 AM
Yes, and Roman.

Joe
10-29-2010, 1:28 AM
I'm probably going to buy another gun there tomorrow.

warbird
10-29-2010, 9:56 AM
I go to the Pacifica store from Sacramento and they have always given me better deals than anyone so I have never felt the need to look for "specials" when I am in there. Uncle always finds a way to work a deal and get my money. The only way I keep my money in my pocket is not to walk in or even get close to the store.(LOL)