PDA

View Full Version : Anti-hunting bill before committee tomorrow (4/25)

mikehaas
04-24-2006, 5:14 PM
04/24/2006 - AB 2123 will be heard in the Assembly Water, Parks & Wildlife Committee tomorrow, April 25th, 2006.

Please contact the committee, especially Assemblywoman Matthews (17th AD, 916-319-2017, 209-948-7479, Assemblywoman Parra (30th AD, 916-319-2030, 661 334-3745) and Assemblyman Baca (62nd AD, 916-319-2062, 909-388-1413) and urge a NO vote on AB 2123.

Ab 2123 would prohibit the possession of any ammunition other than nonlead ammunition when hunting within areas of California as determined by the commission. The bill would require the Fish and Game Commission to establish, by regulation, a public process to certify ammunition as nonlead ammunition, and to define nonlead ammunition. The bill would also declare the Legislature's intent to protect vulnerable wildlife species, as provided.

http://calnra.com/legs.shtml?summary=ab2123

For more bill information:
http://calnra.com/

mikehaas
04-25-2006, 3:54 PM
04/25/2006 - AB 2123 failed in the Assembly Water, Parks & Wildlife Committee.

In a major bi-partisan defeat, Democrats Baca, Matthews and Parra joined with Republicans to send a strong message to the bill's author. As is the custom in Sacramento, the bill was granted reconsideration so it can return for another vote. We will continue watching this bill closely. GREAT JOB ALL!

http://calnra.com/legs.shtml?summary=ab2123

(Please distribute this message far and wide.)

FreedomIsNotFree
04-25-2006, 4:27 PM
Thank for keeping us posted/updated Mike....I appreciate it....

Pablo
04-26-2006, 12:05 AM
Same here, thank you for the update Mike.

chris
04-26-2006, 12:38 AM
once again this type of legislation is defeated again. i bet it will be back again. once again great job all of defeating this bill.

Benellishooter
04-26-2006, 7:46 AM
I don't think they even expect it to pass the first or second time. Their playbook is to wear us out until it goes through.

If we had any serious leadership from the NRA in California, they would:

1. Formulate a tangible concrete plan to recapture our rights.
2. Communicate this plan to their members, thus motivating people to action.

The NRA has no real support because they have no plan. They would rather blame their members for not "being involved".

Answer these questions

Q: What are the Top NRA goals for California?
Q: What are the plans to achieve these goals?

A: Who knows.

(this is why you have no volunteers. No energizing plan.)

Since the NRA bills itself as the so-called leader in the fight against gun control, the least they can do is LEAD.

mikehaas
04-26-2006, 9:40 AM
Thank for keeping us posted/updated Mike....I appreciate it....

You're welcome all! We do seem to make a pretty good team. Focus, unity - it's how to win!

Mike

Benellishooter
04-26-2006, 1:59 PM
There is no focus or unity without a game plan. Mike, please explain the NRA's strategy for improving the RKBA in California. Please explain how they plan to implement this plan.

If the NRA can do this (leadership) effectively, they will have more volunteers than they know what to do with.

Dave

P.S. I bet most gunowners could tell you Sarah Brady's vision for the future of our gun rights before they could explain the NRAs vision for the future of RKBA. No one has ever won a boxing match by just blocking punches.

Talkin2u2
04-26-2006, 3:35 PM
I don't think they even expect it to pass the first or second time. Their playbook is to wear us out until it goes through.

If we had any serious leadership from the NRA in California, they would:

1. Formulate a tangible concrete plan to recapture our rights.
2. Communicate this plan to their members, thus motivating people to action.

The NRA has no real support because they have no plan. They would rather blame their members for not "being involved".

Answer these questions

Q: What are the Top NRA goals for California?
Q: What are the plans to achieve these goals?

A: Who knows.

(this is why you have no volunteers. No energizing plan.)

Since the NRA bills itself as the so-called leader in the fight against gun control, the least they can do is LEAD.

You assume "they have no plan" but many of us can see that they do. And many of us are experienced enough to recognize that even those plans must be flexible and adjusted from time to time, based upon differing political circumstances.

You want "the Top NRA goals for California" and "the plans to achieve these goals" to be posted on the Internet, so the antis (including the ones that read this forum) can see them. I have faith that the NRA is smarter than that.

You seem to continually attack the NRA and its leadership. That's your right. But you might want to look at the political situation in California with more objectivity and less venom for the NRA. If you do, I believe you will see that NRA does have a plan, and they are executing it throughout this state. They are using their volunteers, and many other fine people like those on www.calguns.net to carry out the plans.

But I don't think we will ever see those plans publically broadcasted, and I hope (for the sake of all gun owners) that we don't.

It's easy for us to become depressed by the constant attack from California's seemingly unending number of anti-gunners. But it takes a lot more fortitude for us to reach down inside ourselves and make the stand to support our right to own guns and to do the little things that really make a difference. I have a lot of respect for NRA's leadership and can only wonder where they get their individual internal strength from, and pray they never lose it. I imagine it must grate upon them when some of us continually attack and criticize them, without ever having tried to do the tough job they do.

Please don't take this as an attack. Its not meant to be. I just felt I should post some simple thoughts in response to your criticism.

We are all in this boat together. Maybe we should try rowing in the same direction. I am following the NRA.

Ricki Stevens
Sacramento, CA