PDA

View Full Version : Malaysian 5.56 Ammo

Alanski56
07-30-2010, 5:09 PM
Good evening!

I originally posted the below message in the Ammo and Reloading section and got a couple of responses. Nothing on whether this stuff is corrosive or not. Since twice as many members are on this section I figured I would give the Genral Gun Discussions section a try. Please read below! Any feedback you folks might be able to offer would be greatly appreciated.

"I just came across 500 rounds of 5.56 Ball M193 ammo that was made in Malaysia. The manufacturing date is April 1982. The head stamp reads "5.56, MAL, 4-82. It's brass cased and came in 20 round white boxes. There's a small circular sticker on each box that says "Made in Malaysia with and "SME" logo in the middle. Does anyone out there know if this stuff is corrosive or non-corrosive? Hopefully it's non corrosive. Any feed back would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!"

Alan N.

hangman7
07-30-2010, 6:17 PM
Non corrosive. I've shot several thousand rounds. Top quality, can't remember an ammo related problem.

cannon
07-30-2010, 6:40 PM
Non corrosive. I've shot several thousand rounds. Top quality, can't remember an ammo related problem.

Same experience with it.

smle-man
07-30-2010, 7:14 PM
Nice ammo but hard primers. Some rounds took 2 hits to go off in my bolt action Mini MkX .223 bolt rifle.

WokMaster1
07-30-2010, 7:33 PM
Non corrosive & great quality like everyone said.

Mail Clerk
07-31-2010, 7:12 AM
Alanski56,

If the price is right don't allow yourself to pass that up!!!! It's good non-corrosive ammo that always goes bang in my AR at the range! Accuracy is typical military but prety clean. I have ammo that goes back to those days and still shoots fine. Just store in a nice dry/cool place.

Mail Clerk

Alanski56
07-31-2010, 6:55 PM
Good evening folks!

Thank you all for your responses! I really appreciate the input! That's great news! Now I can shoot this stuff without worrying about any negative effects.

Have a nice evening!

Alan

Mail Clerk
07-31-2010, 7:48 PM
Good evening folks!

Thank you all for your responses! I really appreciate the input! That's great news! Now I can shoot this stuff without worrying about any negative effects.

Have a nice evening!

Alan

Alan,
If it helps most if not all the ammo produced during/since the 60's era ala Nam would be non-corrosive.

Mail Clerk

Alanski56
08-01-2010, 7:06 PM
Good evening Mail Clerk!

That is very helpful info, thank you! I reload my own ammo but once in a blue moon a deal to buy some loaded ammo that I can't pass up presents itself. The deal with the Malaysian ammo also came with 210 rounds of Israeli manufactured 5.56. I know that is good stuff! So, with all of your guy's (gal's?) input, I feel very good about the whole deal.

Have a nice evening.

Alan N.