PDA

View Full Version : Rhineland R22

mjr693
07-30-2010, 9:30 AM
Hi Guys,
I have recently acquired a Rhineland R22.
I am looking for any information I can get on this gun, ideally a copy of the original handbook.
Over here in England there was only 6 imported so info is non-existant.
I would like to replace the rather plasticky stock for something of a better quality any help in this area would be much appreciated.
I look forward to hearing from fellow Rhineland owners over there stateside.
Cheers
Mike

donbing
07-30-2010, 9:57 AM
Pray to the gun gods that you don't have any problems with them.

We tried to support Rhineland. We really did. The ones that fed and fired were incredibly accurate. The ones that didn't work I wouldn't wish on anyone. We sent many of the rifles back to Rhineland in Texas for repair. They'd come back and we'd hear all kinds of excuses for this and that. Faulty ammo, mags, bolts, hammers etc... were the cause of the failures. Half the time we'd have to send a rifle back more than once. Finally, we were told to send all the guns back for a "RECALL/RETROFIT" to solve the problem and 3 months after that the phone is disconnected and they're gone. We never saw those 11 rifles that we sent back for the recall and tried for another 18 months to track down the owner of the company to no avail. We ended up writing off about 4K in losses due to their dishonesty.

Big D
09-09-2010, 2:24 PM
Hey mjr693, what is gun ownership like in England? I'm surprised to hear you could even buy a gun like that. For those of us that are curious could you give us a quick rundown on buying, owning and using firearms over there?