PDA

View Full Version : Tools for A1.5 Sites for DD upper receiver

Gladdis.45
07-29-2010, 7:07 PM
I just bought my upper for my AR (Daniel Defense) and am trying to locate tools to adjust the sites. Can anybody refer me to the actual part as I've been looking but cant seem to find anything for A1.5?

BTW-Im new to the AR world.

Rob.

NorCalDustin
07-29-2010, 8:15 PM
Well... The rear sight peep hole moves back and forth to adjust that... To adjust the L/R you can use the tip of a bullet (or snap cap), a pinch, your keys, just about anything.

Gladdis.45
07-30-2010, 5:42 PM
Is there a tool? There is a 5 prong knob on the side with one hole occupied. What about the front sites? Is there a tool or just use the tip of a bullet as well?

Durasteel
07-30-2010, 8:51 PM
Is there a tool? There is a 5 prong knob on the side with one hole occupied. What about the front sites? Is there a tool or just use the tip of a bullet as well?

Just use something pointy to push the detent down. Same with the front sight. Pen/pencil works. Bullet too.

Larry
08-01-2010, 11:26 AM
This tool will work perfectly: AR15 sight tool (http://rrages.com/ar15/arsighttool/index.htm)

The smaller end for the front sight post, and the larger end for the A1.5 rear sight.

You can order it from Brownell's but RRAGES.com price includes shipping (AWESOME vendor too :)).

Larry

Gladdis.45
08-05-2010, 5:27 PM
Thanks alot Larry! Ordered!