PDA

View Full Version : Need some help with MG parts PC. Specifically M16 bcg. .

DB2
07-29-2010, 4:44 PM
Oh man, I hate to do this. I know this subject has been hashed six ways from Sunday, but I need some help.

I found a M16 carrier for one of my projects. The seller wants to make sure it's legal for me to have it in Ca.

I KNOW IT IS!!!

But I can't find the pc that pertains to machine gun parts in general. I have the link to the batf letter stating legality. I've been searching for a couple hours and not having any luck on the Ca. PC. If someone can link me to it, I would be so grateful.

Once again, I know the legallities. I just need to now the exact penal code. Once I have the PC I can explain further. I k ow it does not spell it out, but I'm hoping between the PC, the letter, and me, he can be schooled.

Monte
07-29-2010, 5:04 PM
If I remember right, this is about the closest thing you'll find to an "official" word on the legality of full auto bolt carrier groups:
http://www.gandrtactical.com/images/archive/ATF%20M16%20Letter.pdf

And here's a post by Bill Wiese on the subject:
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showpost.php?p=950476&postcount=9

DB2
07-29-2010, 5:09 PM
Yeah, I just found it. For reference it's pc 12200. It covers the MG. I have that exact link for the letter. I also think that is the thread with opinion in it, that I remember.

I guess I'll see what happens.

green grunt
07-29-2010, 5:21 PM
Please tell me if I'm wrong.......but were not the 1st BCG's made like that by Armalite for a semi-auto only rifle ?
and LATER used by Uncle Sam as a full auto part ?

DB2
07-29-2010, 5:34 PM
I did state that there is no law regulating them. But if you read the part in 12200 that states parts solely and exclusive parts. Then read the letter from the ATF saying that it is "not a solely and exclusive" part for a MG. That is a pretty good argument toward an unregulated part. I guess I'll just have to wait and see.

Scott Connors
07-29-2010, 11:09 PM
There are enough dealers out there that will sell a M16 BCG that you don't need to deal with Elmer FUD. Try Bravo Company. It's probably a better product.