thedrickel
07-29-2010, 5:10 PM
Nice eye protection

Wicked Pete
07-29-2010, 5:33 PM
Nice!

jamesob
07-29-2010, 5:54 PM
what was with that switching from strong side to weak side with the 22? i thought you were going to fall over or throw your back out.

nsginc
07-29-2010, 6:08 PM
I kept waiting for a power line to hit the ground. Maybe next time?

Maser
07-29-2010, 6:39 PM
what was with that switching from strong side to weak side with the 22? i thought you were going to fall over or throw your back out.

It was a lame attempt at a bump fire. :rolleyes:

Digital_Hate
07-29-2010, 6:42 PM
nice back stop

V8toytruck
07-29-2010, 11:25 PM
nice back stop

+1

Tall dry grass.
Not knowing what is behind the tall dry grass.

Please wear eye protection and shoot into a suitable backstop next time (a hill, mound of dirt, berm, etc. Then show us a vid!

Turo
07-30-2010, 12:34 AM
+1

Tall dry grass.
Not knowing what is behind the tall dry grass.

Please wear eye protection and shoot into a suitable backstop next time (a hill, mound of dirt, berm, etc. Then show us a vid!

Because YOU can't see behind his backstop means you can give him crap about it? Give the guy a break! He obviously knew what was behind it, and I'm pretty sure it was the exact same thing that was in front of it, nothing!

Seriously guys, somebody shows a video of them having fun and all you can do is pick apart how "unsafe" he's being? Go find something better to do.

@Maser: Glad you had fun, don't listen to the jerks that made fun of your video.

Maser
07-30-2010, 1:20 AM
Hey Turo it's understandable why they are commenting like this. While I am blatantly breaking the ear/eye protection thing, I DO NOT condone it. See, I lost my hearing in my right ear when I was 5 as well as partial loss in my left. Ever since then my hearing has not gotten any better or worse and muzzle report is rather quiet to me. Now as for the backstop, yeah I am shooting into tall grass which is not a suitable backstop, BUT the huge hill behind it is. Watch the video again and notice I'm not aiming the rifle straight ahead but rather to the right where you can't see the hill in the cam. And even if there wasn't a suitable backstop guess what? A .22LR has a dangerous range of 1 1/2 miles and the nearest town (my hometown) is over 5 miles away.

Nothing wrong will folks pointing out questionable things due to the fact there could be other young guns here who may pick up bad shooting habit because of it. That's for the input guys both negative and positive.

JagerTroop
07-30-2010, 2:00 AM
Assuming there was a backstop off-screen, and considering your hearing issue, I'd say;
-Eye protection (shooting deaf, and shooting blind are two different things),
-better muzzle control (I saw a few 'almost sweeps'),
-and not shooting at power lines

Other than that, looks like a fun time. Nice vid.

Oh, and... "I'm a crazy vato loco..." :rofl2:

sorry. Latino gangsta rap cracks me up.

J-cat
07-30-2010, 8:43 AM
Nice eye protection

He was wearing contact lenses.

FatalKitty
07-30-2010, 9:02 AM
Jager... its perfectly safe to "sweep" a remote camera...

hkusp9c
07-30-2010, 11:04 AM
I lost hearing in my right ear when I was young too. So I always double up on hearing protection to protect my left ear. You are way too young to be suffering from complete hearing loss. Please do protect your hearing.

evidens83
07-30-2010, 11:27 AM
Looked like fun :rockon:

V8toytruck
07-30-2010, 3:28 PM
Because YOU can't see behind his backstop means you can give him crap about it? Give the guy a break! He obviously knew what was behind it, and I'm pretty sure it was the exact same thing that was in front of it, nothing!

Seriously guys, somebody shows a video of them having fun and all you can do is pick apart how "unsafe" he's being? Go find something better to do.

@Maser: Glad you had fun, don't listen to the jerks that made fun of your video.

There were no insults or personal attacks in my initial reply, just suggestions. Maybe a :thumbsup: at the end might helped show my intent

I can give him ''CRAP'' because

1) Its a thread
2) No eye protection and other actions makes him lose credibility in my book

Would you feel safe shooting 100yards in front of where he was with that grass behind you? What if you were prone?

Maser, not trying to be a jerk...just making sure you enjoy it safely :thumbsup:

gbp
07-30-2010, 5:00 PM
are you going to do a video review of CalGuns?

Lone_Gunman
07-30-2010, 6:49 PM
I'm assuming from the name Maser 209 you are in the 209 area code. Would you mind sharing the location of your shooting spot? Some friends and I are looking for somewhere to shoot.

Maser
07-30-2010, 8:52 PM
are you going to do a video review of CalGuns?

Yes.

I'm assuming from the name Maser 209 you are in the 209 area code. Would you mind sharing the location of your shooting spot? Some friends and I are looking for somewhere to shoot.

I have no reason to believe you or your friends are unsafe shooters, but to be honest, even though my shooting spot is on 200+ acres of land, the land owners have been getting pretty ticked off at "outsiders" coming to shoot there and not only messing up the orchards, but also bringing garbage to shoot and just leaving it there. Not saying you would do that, just saying that this land usage is now just for us exclusive guys who grew up in the neighboring small towns. Sorry.

Lone_Gunman
07-30-2010, 9:32 PM
Fair enough. Thought it might be public land. Thanks anyway.

novabrian
07-30-2010, 9:45 PM
Great video.Keep shooting,have fun and be safe.If you are ever in OC hit me up.

SPUTTER
07-30-2010, 11:40 PM
you're gangsta, can we hang out? :p

chrisw
07-31-2010, 12:09 AM
gangster....:rofl2:

Oops, *gangsta*

JagerTroop
07-31-2010, 8:53 PM
Jager... its perfectly safe to "sweep" a remote camera...Nice try, but in the opening scene, the camera is manned.

My observation skills seem to exceed yours :p

Maser
08-01-2010, 8:37 AM
Where is this "poor muzzle control" that I am not seeing in my vid? Constructive criticism is one thing, but making up stories is another.

owenriquez
08-01-2010, 9:22 AM
SAFETY? WHAT SAFETY!!! EAR PROTECTION IS MISSING, EYE PROTECTION IS MISSING AND BACK STOP, WELL GEAR TOO...??? NOT TRYING TO QUESTION YOUR ABILITY TO SHOOT, SAFETY... SAFETY... SAFETY

toby
08-01-2010, 9:41 AM
Why do I get the feeling your from Bakersfield? ;)

Maser
08-01-2010, 10:07 AM
Why do I get the feeling your from Bakersfield? ;)

No clue considering that place is like 200 miles south of me. :confused:

Maser
08-01-2010, 10:45 AM
Where do I have the muzzle pointed in an unsafe direction? Power lines aren't active and haven't been since I was in diapers. All the aquaducts power is underground now.

1 SIG fan
08-01-2010, 12:47 PM
29sec. when you almost sweep the camera guy. Regardless, if it's not down range it should be muzzle down. Thats all he was saying....

Maser
08-01-2010, 1:07 PM
I don't wanna hear "almost" stuff I want to hear where exactly I was having unsafe muzzle control.

Marine oifvet
08-01-2010, 1:09 PM
Do you guys say **** about the men in Iraq not wearing eye-pro or ear-pro? I did two combat tours in Iraq with the Marines, and I never used either. I had my reasons. This pisses me off, you guys are not range masters! As long as he is being safe ( and from the video we dont know) then keep it to your self. Its his call as to his own p.p.e.!!!

Sunwolf
08-01-2010, 1:12 PM
^^^^^This!

Mr. Beretta
08-01-2010, 1:46 PM
Maser

Looks like you had a great time. Good for you. Thanks for the vid.:)

Shotgun Man
08-01-2010, 1:58 PM
Did you have sunblock on? You're pretty white. I'd hate to see you get sunburnt.:)

Big Jake
08-01-2010, 2:53 PM
Looks like a good time!

Noobert
08-01-2010, 3:17 PM
It's not "clip", it's "magazine" :p

Maser
08-01-2010, 5:04 PM
Did you have sunblock on? You're pretty white. I'd hate to see you get sunburnt.:)

I didn't get too badly burnt that day, but still got it.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v507/Maser/f8f45eec.jpg

chickenfried
08-01-2010, 5:09 PM
I won't give you crap about your range trip. Looks like everyone came back with the same number of holes they left with. But I can not let the three cases of natural ice slide. Stop drinking crap!
:p

Jpach
08-01-2010, 10:58 PM
Do you guys say **** about the men in Iraq not wearing eye-pro or ear-pro? I did two combat tours in Iraq with the Marines, and I never used either. I had my reasons. This pisses me off, you guys are not range masters! As long as he is being safe ( and from the video we dont know) then keep it to your self. Its his call as to his own p.p.e.!!!

Seriously people. WTF.

If he doesnt want to wear eyes or ears, then thats his choice. If he doesnt want to wear condoms or brush his teeth twice a day, or if he wants to run with scissors, thats his choice too.

I dont see how he loses credibility by not wearing eyes or ears. Its not like he even has to be credible anyways, hes not trying to prove anything! Hes just sharing a good time with us.

OP, looks like you had fun. Wish I had a local place to blast at random crap for free.