PDA

View Full Version : Need help appraising a server.

killmime1234
07-28-2010, 8:04 AM
I have a Dell Poweredge 400sc that I obtained through our liquidation sale at the Hollywood Video I used to work at. Since I have no use for it and I am out of a job, I'm curious how much it's worth if I were to sell it on craigslist. I tried googling but came up with no msrp. In fact, the only price I found for it anywhere was a "refurbished" best buy one for $199, but since I have no other sources to compare it to, I'm not sure how accurate that is.

Also, I had to remove the hard drive to send it back to our corporate office. I figured I'd drop $60-$80 off it because of that. Does that sound fair?

Thanks for the input geeky gunners!

sfwdiy
07-28-2010, 11:04 AM
Search ebay for the same item, then show only the completed listings. Gives you a pretty accurate indicator of what people are willing to pay for it.

That seems to be a P4 2.4ghz machine. It's worth a couple hundred at best.

--B

bigmike82
07-28-2010, 11:27 AM
"That seems to be a P4 2.4ghz machine. It's worth a couple hundred at best."
That's being very, very generous.

Without an HD, a server of that generation would realistically fetch no more than fifty bucks. Seriously.

killmime1234
07-29-2010, 10:27 AM
Well, $50's better than nothing. I already posted it today with a tag of $120 OBO. Hopefully someone'll try'n talk me down and I could let it go for like $80.

sfwdiy
08-02-2010, 10:28 AM
"That seems to be a P4 2.4ghz machine. It's worth a couple hundred at best."
That's being very, very generous.

Without an HD, a server of that generation would realistically fetch no more than fifty bucks. Seriously.

No hard drive? Must have missed that part. Yeah, use it as a boat-anchor.

--B

kapache
08-02-2010, 10:56 AM
P4 2.4ghz ?!?! Is not worth a couple of hundreds 100- maybe but no more than that.

Corbin Dallas
08-02-2010, 11:15 AM
I have a Dell Poweredge 400sc that I obtained through our liquidation sale at the Hollywood Video I used to work at. Since I have no use for it and I am out of a job, I'm curious how much it's worth if I were to sell it on craigslist. I tried googling but came up with no msrp. In fact, the only price I found for it anywhere was a "refurbished" best buy one for $199, but since I have no other sources to compare it to, I'm not sure how accurate that is.

Also, I had to remove the hard drive to send it back to our corporate office. I figured I'd drop $60-$80 off it because of that. Does that sound fair?

Thanks for the input geeky gunners!

UUHHHHH!!! It's not even a rack mount?

Scrap it...

Honestly though, is it a celeron or P4? How much memory? Which motherboard, video card, net card etc...

You MIGHT be able to sell on CL for $100 but that's pushing it.

JDay
08-02-2010, 4:39 PM
UUHHHHH!!! It's not even a rack mount?

Scrap it...

Honestly though, is it a celeron or P4? How much memory? Which motherboard, video card, net card etc...

You MIGHT be able to sell on CL for $100 but that's pushing it.

I'd say $25 on CL since there is no HDD.

Here's a 1u rack mount P4 server for $150 for comparison.

http://sacramento.craigslist.org/sys/1863371909.html