View Full Version : I'm new here but would like any recommendations as far as legal counsel

07-27-2010, 10:51 PM
I recently had an issue come up half way through my 10day waiting period. I had previously spoken with my lawyer as was under the impression that my juvenile record would not affect my ability to own firearms.

I've done some research and it would seem that sealing my record should fix this issue, however I feel it would be best to consult legal counsel prior to petitioning anything on my own.

I live in Venice Beach near Santa Monica.

Has any one dealt with sealing a record or requesting a dismissal. I'm not sure what I should do, or petition for.

Any input, support, direction or referral to affordable counsel would be appreciated.
I thought this nightmare stopped but in the PRC there is no easy way.

Thanks for your time,

07-27-2010, 10:59 PM
search law office here and you will find help

07-27-2010, 11:02 PM
Jason Davis should be able to help you out. He is involved with the CalGuns Foundation and a member here. His info can be found in this thread. http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=307715
I carry one of his cards in my wallet and another in my car. He is the one I'm calling if things go sideways for me.

07-27-2010, 11:04 PM
Jason A. Davis
Attorneys at Law
27281 Las Ramblas, Suite 200
Mission Viejo, CA 92691
Phone: (949) 310-0817
Fax: (949) 288-6894
Website: www.CalGunLawyers.com

07-27-2010, 11:07 PM
Davis and Associates (http://www.calgunlawyers.com/Davis_%26_Associates/Home.html), Michel and Associates (http://www.michellawyers.com/) and Bruce Colodny (http://www.gunlaw.com/) are all excellent firms who could assist you.

07-28-2010, 1:17 PM
I wanted to say thank you to every one for your help.
I very much appreciate your time.

Most places I've been fire off with "Dont even bother, your out of the game" but I've heard/read stories from other people about rights restoration. I have a non-violent charge on my record, and the the CDOJ would like a copy of the disposition. I'm concerned that if they receive the disposition, and make a decision to void my rights, that that would entail having to reopen the case based on character assessment, please status, and other various reasons why I would need the charges reduced and dismissed.

I've read (on the internet, so I dont keep to much weight in that corner) of a gentlemen who had a juvenile record, with a charge that disqualified him, but after sealing his record, he was able to purchase firearms at 21 years of age. The interesting thing that i noticed was that if you seal your record, the DOJ still has record of it, but its not accessible to the public, also the gentleman managed to purchase at 21. I was under the impression that at 18 you can have your record sealed and expunged, and after 5 years the records are no longer present.

I'll look into the mater with some of your recommendations. Again, I appreciate your time and really do appreciate the respect you've given to a complete stranger to these parts.

Take care,