PDA

View Full Version : finger theraphy...good stuff

stitchnicklas
07-27-2010, 10:40 PM
well 2 and a half weeks ago i sliced my left trigger finger openand took 5 stitchs.

after the stitchs came out i had trouble flexing all the way,so i got my xd45 out ,took slide of and do 20mins of trigger pulls. in 1 week it is full flex now!!!!

guns heal........:smilielol5::smilielol5::smilielol5:

CGT80
07-29-2010, 6:18 PM
No, no... I think you got it all wrong.

Your "physical therapy" should have been with the trigger of which ever model XD you don't already own. You need to exercise that finger in a way that it doesn't normally see, eg. a different gun. My gun smith told me that the trigger weights on the xd's vary all over the place. I know that means you would have to buy another gun, but it's for your physical therapy.

Now that you have to live with an injured finger, you may want to consider a nice trigger job to keep the stress on that finger down to a minimum. The 3.25 pound trigger on my limited race XD would make it much better. The lighter trigger will let you work on getting the precision back into that finger. Just pulling on a factory 10 pound trigger won't cut it. You can't have mine thought, get your own. :43:

:2guns:

P.S. Guns don't heal, the person holding the gun heals :D

VegasND
07-29-2010, 9:42 PM
If you want a trigger finger like Superman you'll practice dry-firing with an 1895 Nagant.
http://www.surplusbunker.com/images/M1895NAGANTREVOLVERCATPIC.jpg
It's good that you're willing to put in the work to restore your dexterity.

stitchnicklas
07-29-2010, 9:59 PM
i reached 100% range of motion now and full finger strenght,it was my weak hand so it is all good now....:cool2::cool2: