PDA

View Full Version : coyote hunt

Hrod8715
07-27-2010, 3:36 PM
I'd like to hunt coyotes this year but don't know where to go. Can someone point me in that direction? I'm in Norcal (Bay Area).

Baxter
07-27-2010, 5:58 PM
Here you go, good luck. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v327/Baxter75th/california-physical-map.gif

safewaysecurity
07-27-2010, 6:02 PM
Yeh Coyotes are everywhere in california but posting a huge pic of cali doesn't really help. I've only seen baby coyotes though in the wild for some reason. I'd like to go hunting as well.

LloydXmas250
07-27-2010, 6:22 PM
Yeh Coyotes are everywhere in california but posting a huge pic of cali doesn't really help. I've only seen baby coyotes though in the wild for some reason. I'd like to go hunting as well.

Time of the year for pups. That's why you see so many. Best place to do so in my opinion is BLM land. Just make sure you're following any rules on the BLM land. Some areas are shotgun only and some places are closed to hunting.

Baxter
07-27-2010, 11:11 PM
The reason the whole state was posted is people that hunt have spent tons of money, rubber and boot leather to find their spots.
Do you really expect people to give up these costly spots on a public site?
Get a map, good boots some calls and full tank of gas. The internet is not the best place to find coyotes, out in the field is. Also thick skin helps. Good luck.
If you need some quality calls that will bring them in, contact Jawbreaker. his calls put fur on the ground.

Hrod8715
07-27-2010, 11:42 PM
I would never expect for someone to lead me to their "spot". I'd just like to have a general idea of where people have had some luck. Maybe the name of a town, city, county, etc.

Hrod8715
07-27-2010, 11:46 PM
Let's be serious...coyotes aren't really treasure map worthy.

thevic
07-27-2010, 11:51 PM
i goto blm in the hollister area and see them everywhere(even in the parking lot lol)..really just pick a spot and go

JeffPro
07-28-2010, 2:04 PM
Let's be serious...coyotes aren't really treasure map worthy.

No but hunting spots definitely are. Sometimes you coyote hunt where you hunt other animals and letting people know where it is okay to hunt invites them to come back to hunt anything they see feasible.

Cire 5th
07-28-2010, 2:32 PM
What do you guys usually do after you shoot a Coyote? You take it home?

novaman64
07-28-2010, 2:42 PM
I'd like to hunt coyotes this year but don't know where to go. Can someone point me in that direction? I'm in Norcal (Bay Area).

Being from Martinez there should be plenty of farm/ranch-land nearby. Go make friends, they normally hate coyotes because they kill livestock.

novaman64
07-28-2010, 2:43 PM

Alot of people do it for the rush of predator hunting. If its during the winter and they have a nice coat, some people save the hides and have them tanned.

Cire 5th
07-28-2010, 7:34 PM
Alot of people do it for the rush of predator hunting. If its during the winter and they have a nice coat, some people save the hides and have them tanned.

And if you don't want to take it home then what do you do? You can leave it out there?

Me personally if I do ever shoot one which I do plan on sometime in the future, yea, I would like the hide. Therefore you just field dress it like a deer then?

Cire 5th
07-28-2010, 7:39 PM
The reason the whole state was posted is people that hunt have spent tons of money, rubber and boot leather to find their spots.
Do you really expect people to give up these costly spots on a public site?
Get a map, good boots some calls and full tank of gas. The internet is not the best place to find coyotes, out in the field is. Also thick skin helps. Good luck.
If you need some quality calls that will bring them in, contact Jawbreaker. his calls put fur on the ground.

I thought he posted the whole state because them Coyotes are everywhere. :D As long as the place is legal to hunt/shoot/permission and there are natural prey then you will find Coyotes. :D I have seen Coyotes in Urban areas mixed with rolling hills and trees but you can't shoot.

pieeater
07-28-2010, 8:25 PM
Shoot one in winter in a cold area if you want a halfway decent pelt. Otherwise I wouldnt even bother touching one of those mangy fleabags. lol

Me personally if I do ever shoot one which I do plan on sometime in the future, yea, I would like the hide. Therefore you just field dress it like a deer then?

lewdogg21
07-28-2010, 9:17 PM
Shoot one in winter in a cold area if you want a halfway decent pelt. Otherwise I wouldnt even bother touching one of those mangy fleabags. lol

As a kid I shot a badger once. After I killed it I realized it was so tick and flea laden I felt like I did it a favor. I agree with pie.

professionalcoyotehunter
07-29-2010, 12:49 PM

skin it and make jerky out of the meat.

Cire 5th
07-29-2010, 12:53 PM
skin it and make jerky out of the meat.

Is it illegal to leave it around where you shot it?

professionalcoyotehunter
07-29-2010, 1:02 PM
Yes it is legal since it is a nongame animal. That is the reason we have to use lead free is so if the condors find one it wont ingest lead.

Croweman08
07-29-2010, 1:23 PM
Yes since it is a nongame animal. That is the reason we have to use lead free is so if the condors find one it wont ingest lead.

yeah thank you kalifornia for my 25 dollar .17 and 40 dollar 30-06 rounds!!!! :mad: And how many dead condors from lead??????

Rusty_Buckhorn
07-29-2010, 1:43 PM
And how many dead condors from lead??????

As far as they're concerned, all condor deaths seem to come from lead poisoning.... although, all the science says you can't get lead poisoning from ingesting big pieces of lead(bullets, fishing weights), or even fragments of lead. But, since when did science or the actual well being of any animals have anything to do with the laws made by the libtards in this state.

professionalcoyotehunter
07-29-2010, 1:46 PM
The last death recorded was reported as being from lead but later on they actually found out it was from radiator fluid poisoning so I guess we should all drive with just water in out radiators.

Big Jake
07-29-2010, 2:03 PM
The last death recorded was reported as being from lead but later on they actually found out it was from radiator fluid poisoning so I guess we should all drive with just water in out radiators.

This LOL! :p

Cire 5th
07-29-2010, 3:20 PM
Yes since it is a nongame animal. That is the reason we have to use lead free is so if the condors find one it wont ingest lead.

Where would I go to properly dispose of it then since it is illegal to leave it out there if I don't want to turn it into jerky or take the hide?

professionalcoyotehunter
07-29-2010, 3:24 PM
It is legal to leave it.

LloydXmas250
07-29-2010, 3:31 PM
Where would I go to properly dispose of it then since it is illegal to leave it out there if I don't want to turn it into jerky or take the hide?

I think you're confusing game animals with non-game or varmints. Wasting a game animal like a deer or pig would likely earn you a citation. Varmints don't matter. Leave it where it lays. You're doing to environment a favor by taking a coyote out of it.

Cire 5th
07-29-2010, 4:08 PM
It is legal to leave it.

gotcha thanks.

Croweman08
07-29-2010, 4:28 PM

those damn hunters and their radiator fluid filled super soakers!!!!!:confused: