PDA

View Full Version : Check out this *** hat

Cdog
04-22-2006, 2:10 PM
Over on hotboat. I've been tring to spread the word for the AR's a CCW's and there's always some jackhole who thinks he knows it all.

http://www2.hotboat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=112479

blacklisted
04-22-2006, 2:40 PM
I can't stand people that think they know better than everyone else because "it's never happened to me, or anyone else I know".

CSkyhawk72
04-22-2006, 2:48 PM
I really liked the guy's insurance analogy. I've never thought of that one before!

Cdog
04-22-2006, 4:04 PM
I really liked the guy's insurance analogy. I've never thought of that one before!

Mine or his? I'm Cdog. My point is that you have and pay for things that you may only use in a worst case senario. Rock on.

icormba
04-22-2006, 4:14 PM
I thought GMFL's reply was funny. ;)

Mesa Tactical
04-22-2006, 5:57 PM

I always use that analogy when talking about guns for protection, not just CCW.

It is JUST like insurance, that's all it is. And it's insurance you can CHOOSE to buy. Some buy it, some don't.

How likely are you to experience a fire in your home? More or less likely than being assaulted by a stranger? I don't even know. But everyone thinks buying fire insurance is smart, whereas it's a big fight to get them to understand the desire many people have for assault insurance.

sintax
04-22-2006, 6:23 PM
Hey Cdog.

Glad to see you over here too. I am over at HB too, but mostly hang out in the v-drive section.

People are morons at times, just have to accept it. =(

383green
04-22-2006, 10:18 PM
That's just what we need, more numbnuts carrying guns. http://www2.hotboat.com/ubb/rolleyes.gif I hope you never have to look down the barrel and pull the trigger, it's not as easy as you think.

Personally, I generally point the barrel away from my face before I pull the trigger.

Cdog
04-22-2006, 10:57 PM
Hey Cdog.

Glad to see you over here too. I am over at HB too, but mostly hang out in the v-drive section.

People are morons at times, just have to accept it. =(

The V drive section is where it's at. My first boat was a Red 19 ft. Schiada V drive. I sold it to Brad P (HB member). Good to see you here also.

CSkyhawk72
04-22-2006, 10:58 PM
How likely are you to experience a fire in your home? More or less likely than being assaulted by a stranger? I don't even know. But everyone thinks buying fire insurance is smart, whereas it's a big fight to get them to understand the desire many people have for assault insurance.

I agree with you, WHOLEHEARTEDLY, Mesa! It's really sad that a lot of people buy into that gun control "An unarmed citizen is safer than an armed citizen" mentality. Safer-Yes, for the criminals roaming the streets, and certain government people (tin foil hat time!! :D ), but not us.

I had a month long debate with some yahoo on craigslist a while back on this very thing. He/She/It (you never know around here) still refused to even consider a different point of view, the whole length of the argument. Their responses usually involved calling me a "small endowed man" if I had to rely on my gun for protection, and that the police had an "oath to protect and serve" us. Yeah, I'm not sure what planet that person is living on, it's obviously nowhere near San Francisco.

Either way, if someone does threaten to take the life of myself or my loved ones, I do find solace in the fact that I have come to the conclusion a long time ago, that I cannot hesitate to remove them from that situation. Even if the bad guy was attacking that weirdo who continually bashed me. At the end of the day, we're all Human Beings... and heck, maybe it would change one more person's POV.

Draven
04-23-2006, 2:18 AM
I love the guys talking about the LEOs being a 'trained professional'

I spent more time 'training' with my firearms than at least 75% of the LEOs in Los Angeles.

mumbleypeg
04-23-2006, 8:02 AM
While I struggle with the legal and personal responsibilites involved in carrying a concealed weapon.

These two cases indicate that we have no right to Police protection.Deshaney Vs Winnebago County Social Services.http://caselaw.lp.findlaw.com/scripts/getcase.pl?court=US&vol=489&invol=189 and Caslte Rock Vs. Gonzales http://www.law.cornell.edu/supct/html/04-278.ZS.html

Draven
04-23-2006, 8:15 AM
There's at least two more older cases that say the same thing...

Bling Bling 2.0
04-23-2006, 6:15 PM
Wow so if bad things never happened to this guy we all must live a world of sunshine and lolly pops. Tell him to spend some time in East LA and then get back to us. Maybe he wouldn't have a problem letting his wife take their dog for a walk at 1 am. To assume that things won't happen because they haven't happened in the past is the core of ignorant. The world can turn into a plate of scrambled eggs tomorrow for all we know...