PDA

View Full Version : Bonehead ammo move at angeles today

daskraut
07-26-2010, 3:50 PM
I have not been shooting in about a year. I finally got my gear together, grabbed my M21, my Calico .22, some ammo and headed out the door. Got signed in, got my target set up and then "checked" my .308 ammo......that I should have checked A) when I got it a year ago, and B) today before I left for the range. I am sure you can guess, the bullet attracted a magnet and I was at ANGELES!!. What a dingbat!!. Luckily, I had 20 good rounds in my tool box of left-over south african!. Learn from dumb*****es like me, check your ammo before you leave for the range. Such a fool!.

kapache
07-26-2010, 3:56 PM
Ouch luckily you had 20rounds of non magnetic ammo with you, otherwise you would had spend most of the day firing your .22

daskraut
07-26-2010, 4:09 PM
I fired 300 round of .22!!. My calico holds 100 rounds a clip and my thumb is so damn sore!!

glockman19
07-26-2010, 4:19 PM
I had a similar "Brain Fart". :sleeping:

Packed up everything and drove to Angeles,:driving: sign in, set up and.......

......Forgot the bag with all the magazines. :rolleyes:

:38:

iareConfusE
07-26-2010, 5:02 PM
I'm pretty sure everyone has had one or two similar experiences. I left my bag with my ear pro and safety glasses, along with my targets and various range accessories at home one time. Lucky for me the range gave out free eye/ear pro with a lane rental, but it still just felt different without using my own gear.

Low-Pressure
07-26-2010, 5:38 PM
A long time ago I arrived at the range and paid for the lane to find out I misplaced my keys for my lock. Good thing I was using those cheap luggage locks, and I was able to pick it after looking for it in the car and stressing out..... :). Was able to release all that tension :)

Mail Clerk
07-26-2010, 6:29 PM
I'm pretty sure everyone has had one or two similar experiences. I left my bag with my ear pro and safety glasses, along with my targets and various range accessories at home one time. Lucky for me the range gave out free eye/ear pro with a lane rental, but it still just felt different without using my own gear.

iareConfusE,

Just in case I lose brain matter too I now keep a set of ears and glasses in the trunk of my car all the time now. They may not be the exact same gear but it's better than borrowing material from the store. Just keep them in a nylon zipper bag so it looks very inocent to the public.;)

Mail Clerk

Full Clip
07-26-2010, 6:44 PM
Nothing worse than getting stuck buying ammo at the range... x2 or x3 retail hurts.

Beetle Bailey
07-26-2010, 7:00 PM
I'm pretty good about the magnetic ammo issue, but there have been times that I didn't have the correct magazine to shoot a particular gun. My buddy has done it more than a few times so I will often bring a common magazine (glock, 1911, M1 enbloc clip, AR15, etc.) just in case.

At least you had a second gun to shoot. ;)

ar15robert
07-26-2010, 7:16 PM
Better move than i did a few years ago.I decided to go to an indoor range got my 1911 out got the ammo put into my bag thinking all is good pay to use range get ammo and think i am ready to shoot.NOPE left the gun at HOME!!

Called wife she said i thought you went shooting i said i did but forgot the gun.Said i left it on the table.

daskraut
07-26-2010, 8:17 PM
WOW!, you forgot the gun?. OK, I feel better now!!

Fate
07-26-2010, 8:30 PM
I had a similar "Brain Fart". :sleeping:

Packed up everything and drove to Angeles,:driving: sign in, set up and.......

......Forgot the bag with all the magazines. :rolleyes:

:38:

Done something similar. Lucky for me though I can be home and back before the ceasefire is over :D

wjc
07-27-2010, 12:33 AM
Done something similar. Lucky for me though I can be home and back before the ceasefire is over :D

I wish I lived that close to the range. :p