PDA

View Full Version : Pile of Bushmaster ACR's on Transformers 3 set

djleisure
07-26-2010, 4:14 PM
Some guy snuck onto the Transformers 3 set and snapped off a bunch of pictures. This one immediately caught my eye. I actually noticed the AFG's before I realized they were attached to ACR's. It also looks like one of the M4-type rifles (top of the stack) doesn't even have an opening at the muzzle, it's completely solid - it must be a complete beater/prop weapon that only appears in far off shots.

Anyway, there are a bunch of really nice shots of the set as well and apparently the dude just wandered in off the streets using the ol' "I belong here" attitude. Awesome.
Link to full set: http://thechive.com/2010/07/26/so-i-snuck-onto-the-set-of-transformers-3-56-hq-photos/

http://thechive.files.wordpress.com/2010/07/transformers3-behind-scenes-4.jpg?w=920&h=613

KillZone45
07-26-2010, 4:32 PM
As much as I dont really care for that stuff, its actually pretty rad! Even radder since the person just walked onto the set lol. Nice photos for sure.

windrunner
07-26-2010, 4:35 PM
Met a guy in Burbank a couple of years ago in the business of supplying movie weapons. He had a warehouse full of all kinds of stuff. Old muskets, contemporary stuff, cannons, all kinds of bladed weapons.........if anyone remembers the Gatling guns used in the 'Last Samurai', they came from him. He had them sitting right there, just as pristine as could be. He showed me the internal BFA's that he has to install in the weapons that are to be fired. He had stinger missiles, RPG's, TOW missile systems..........if you've seen it in a movie, he had it.

scobun
07-26-2010, 7:48 PM
I'm pretty sure those are all rubber ducks. If you look closely, you can see the M16 with the ACOG has no bore.

Ed_Hazard
07-26-2010, 7:56 PM
The sound stages and area where they do the majority of the filming on all the Transfomer movies is actually not that hard to find and get into. The company I'm with did alot of work on the site and we still do. I remember being on site one Saturday when they blew up the top of building set where Shia is being chased by Megatron for the cube. That was loud and real fun to watch.

tyrist
07-26-2010, 10:14 PM
I'm pretty sure those are all rubber ducks. If you look closely, you can see the M16 with the ACOG has no bore.

Yup no reason to give somebody an expensive piece of equipment when they are just background filler.

jamesob
07-26-2010, 10:18 PM
wow prop guns on a movie set.

aaronraby1
07-26-2010, 10:18 PM
ahhh yeahhh!!!! me and my five year old cant wait!!

Cpl. Haas
07-27-2010, 12:37 AM
Looks like a pile of rubber guns from ISS...

http://img25.imageshack.us/img25/79/blackopsbungle0001.jpg

The fact that they're laying out in the open and can be approached by someone off the street pretty much screams "rubber gun"... a real one would be under lock and key.

Cyc Wid It
07-27-2010, 12:40 AM
Real ACOG would cost more than the rubber gun?

Cpl. Haas
07-27-2010, 12:42 AM
Real ACOG would cost more than the rubber gun?

Far more...

Spiggy
07-27-2010, 8:18 AM
Met a guy in Burbank a couple of years ago in the business of supplying movie weapons. He had a warehouse full of all kinds of stuff. Old muskets, contemporary stuff, cannons, all kinds of bladed weapons.........if anyone remembers the Gatling guns used in the 'Last Samurai', they came from him. He had them sitting right there, just as pristine as could be. He showed me the internal BFA's that he has to install in the weapons that are to be fired. He had stinger missiles, RPG's, TOW missile systems..........if you've seen it in a movie, he had it.

Was his name Paul?

zman
07-27-2010, 9:11 AM
No Megan Fox? ......Oh yeah, she's not a part of it anymore :43:

windrunner
07-27-2010, 9:26 AM
Was his name Paul?
Don't recall his name. I met him through an associate of mine.

I remember the guy talking about getting out of his business. He mentioned how a lot of production studios are filming overseas because of costs and depending on the country, it is extremely difficult (expensive) to get customs issues worked out when shipping equipment like that into another country.

djleisure
07-27-2010, 1:28 PM
wow prop guns on a movie set.
Thanks for the post that adds nothing to the thread. Amazing!

WeekendWarrior
07-27-2010, 7:35 PM
No Megan Fox? ......Oh yeah, she's not a part of it anymore :43:

Uh oh! It's going to be a tough sell to get me to that movie if there is no M.F. teaser T&A in it... that is unless they replaced her with Jessica Alba!

I want a couple of those rubber guns to make a sweet wall decoration out of. Some ideas flew into my mind when I saw them :chris:

timmyb21
07-27-2010, 8:53 PM
No Megan Fox? No problem! They replaced her with this one...

http://i770.photobucket.com/albums/xx346/yankeesdaily/RosieHuntington-Whiteley10.jpg

Victoria's secret is that all the models are smokin' hot.

Cpl. Haas
07-27-2010, 11:13 PM
Don't recall his name. I met him through an associate of mine.

I remember the guy talking about getting out of his business. He mentioned how a lot of production studios are filming overseas because of costs and depending on the country, it is extremely difficult (expensive) to get customs issues worked out when shipping equipment like that into another country.

I'm guessing his name was either Paul or George... I know exactly what armory you're talking about. He did end up closing shop a few years back, and the entire stock has since been absorbed by ISS.

No Megan Fox? No problem! They replaced her with this one...

Victoria's secret is that all the models are smokin' hot.

That's really saying something when Megan Fox can be replaced by an underwear model...