PDA

View Full Version : Foxnews-Dems pro guns?

Hogxtz
07-26-2010, 12:47 PM
Only when its conveniet. Talk about wolves in sheep clothing. I wonder how much they are pro 2a after they get elected?

http://liveshots.blogs.foxnews.com/2010/07/26/pro-gun-dems-may-get-a-boost/

bwiese
07-26-2010, 12:49 PM
Dems that replaced Reps in the 2006 election are going to have to continue to be pro-gun.

Hogxtz
07-26-2010, 12:55 PM
Well than this is great news and very good times for gun rights. I look foward to seeing Calif. eat some crow when some of our restrictive gun laws go away.

jdberger
07-26-2010, 1:05 PM
Well, Jim Webb is pro 2A. So is Harry Reid. So was Tom Daschle.

On the other hand, Lincoln Chaffee was a Republican.

Don't let the "D" or "R" after the name be an indicator as to how they'll vote on gun rights.

dantodd
07-26-2010, 1:08 PM
If they had to be "pro" to get elected they'll need to stay "pro" to get re-elected. I don't rightly care how they feel about 2A rights as long as they vote the right way.

yellowfin
07-26-2010, 1:14 PM
Can they hurry up and kick out their anti leaders?

POLICESTATE
07-26-2010, 1:18 PM
I don't trust politicians when they think their job is on the line, they will say ANYTHING to win re-election.

Arondos
07-26-2010, 1:28 PM
They are going to say whatever they have to. The aren't worried about being representatives anymore. It is all about power and the party. Doesn't matter whether they are Dem or Rep. I am saddened by the fact we, as in the people have allowed it to reach this point by continuing to put the same idiots back in office.

ZombieTactics
07-26-2010, 1:29 PM
An absolute "holding feet to the fire" dividing line should be SCOTUS nominations and approvals. No Senator who voted to confirm Sotomayor, or votes to confirm Kagan, can possibly be considered "pro 2A" by any stretch of the imagination.

POLICESTATE
07-26-2010, 1:31 PM
An absolute "holding feet to the fire" dividing line should be SCOTUS nominations and approvals. No Senator who voted to confirm Sotomayor, or votes to confirm Kagan, can possibly be considered "pro 2A" by any stretch of the imagination.

Or pro liberty for that matter.

TripleT
07-26-2010, 2:12 PM
What really bother me is this quote:

"According to the center for responsive politics, a non-partisan group that tracks political spending, during the 2002 election cycle the NRA put 8% of their federal campaign contributions toward Democrats. This election cycle, they've received 26% percent."

So following that trend, by the time we get to 2012 and Obama has told the NRA enough lies, we'll be sending money to him for his re-election.

Tell me who is dumber, the NRA for believing the crap being slung by the desperate dems' or me for being a life member with no recourse to opt out ?

Yes, I know we should all drink the kool-aid and become happy little single issue voters but I really can't go there. :(

taperxz
07-26-2010, 2:27 PM
When it comes to National elections you need to throw out the book on gun rights. There are quite a few southern and northern dems that will not sell out our rights for firearms. To understand what i mean you must first get your nose out of the california gutter.

Remember!! California is one of the the exceptions and not the rule in this country.

dantodd
07-26-2010, 2:30 PM
Tell me who is dumber, the NRA for believing the crap being slung by the desperate dems' or me for being a life member with no recourse to opt out ?

You should never throw softballs like that in here.

Dr.Lou
07-26-2010, 5:27 PM
I don't trust politicians when they think their job is on the line, they will say ANYTHING to win re-election.

...or get appointed to SCOTUS!

Apocalypsenerd
07-26-2010, 6:09 PM
There are many dems that are honest-to-God pro-2A. CA Dems generally aren't. Try the Southern dems, however, and they are often very pro-2A.

cbn620
07-26-2010, 7:00 PM
Not only is party not a positive indicator of how a politician is going to vote, the dynamic of individual states/regions changes everything. Case in point, California: Where Republicans aren't really Republicans and Democrats aren't really Democrats.

pitchbaby
07-26-2010, 7:18 PM

I was just about to post this article myself with this same sentiment. I don't think I will vote for an incumbent that has been anti 2A when there is a pro 2A candidate, even if the incumbent promises pro 2A policies going forward.

Just my 2 cents.

Foulball
07-26-2010, 7:26 PM
Not only is party not a positive indicator of how a politician is going to vote, the dynamic of individual states/regions changes everything. Case in point, California: Where Republicans aren't really Republicans and Democrats aren't really Democrats.

Exactly. It really cracks me up to see Californians blame Dem's for being anti-2A when the CA Rep. party has sold the 2A down the river many many times before. What Californian's don't realize is that in the rest of the US there are a ton of Dems that really do cling to their guns. Whatever, the D or R at the end of the name means very little to me.

--

Nodda Duma
07-26-2010, 7:29 PM
A democrat in the South is more conservative than California Republicans, by far

Hogxtz
07-26-2010, 7:41 PM
I dont know, everytime I see Feinstein or Boxer on TV it makes me think that most CA dems are "anti-gun" and I guess its easy to stereo type all Ca dems into that. That article appeared to me that several dems who were not pro-gun are going to be just to save their jobs. Thats more the reason to vote the dishonest bums out.

Foulball
07-26-2010, 7:51 PM
I dont know, everytime I see Feinstein or Boxer on TV it makes me think that most CA dems and Republicans are "anti-gun" and I guess its easy to stereo type all Ca dems into that. That article appeared to me that several dems who were not pro-gun are going to be just to save their jobs. Thats more the reason to vote the dishonest bums out.

Fixed that for ya!:thumbsup:

DragRag
07-26-2010, 8:00 PM

x2 agreed

Mstrty
07-26-2010, 8:22 PM
Dont let the NRA fool you they have no interest in protecting California. The do want the 2nd to thrive here but thats where it ends. They will back pro 2A candidates that might vote no on some anti-gun bills only to run you broke paying for their special program that does nothing to help this great State. Jerry Brown as one example has done more harm to this state with his pro illegal immigrant stance than any other past Governor. He started the attitude of helping and harboring illegals.
Famous Jerry Brown quote:"We used to be under a Mexican flag, remember?"
He is also quoted as saying:
"When I was governor of California, I signed into law in 1975 the first Agricultural Labor Relations law. Under that law, Caesar Chavez and the United Farm Workers organized farm workers to the point where wages in the fields reached levels of $7 and $8 and $8.50 an hour and even higher for certain skilled jobs."
He is one at fault the illegals are still flocking here in the numbers they are. You want more? Vote for Jerry Brown. Im not endorsing anyone as I still havent made up my mind. Just make sure you have all the facts before you lemmings get in line behind some NRA endorsed hack that cripples your finances FOREVER

FirstFlight
07-27-2010, 5:08 AM
There are many dems that are honest-to-God pro-2A. CA Dems generally aren't. Try the Southern dems, however, and they are often very pro-2A.

Agree...but CA Dems are generally Progressives. If we could replace the CA Progressives with genuine Mom-Apple Pie-USA above party Dems, then we would be OK. Just like the Dems in the 40 states that have shall issue or Consitution carry laws. These people are real Americans!

Bugei
07-27-2010, 7:14 AM
It is my fervent hope that the days when Democrats could -- just before an election -- "discover" the Second Amendment and preach the gospel of "I don't want to take anyone's gun rights away" (yeah, Congresswoman McCarthy, I'm talking about YOU) in an effort to get votes...and actually GET votes in the process...is over. Anyone who votes for a Democrat because they believe their lies is a proven idiot. I can't believe anyone would be that stupid. They're not going to get elected on their gun-rights platform.

KylaGWolf
07-27-2010, 9:07 PM
You know I get a good laugh when someone goes oh such and such party believes this or that as a whole. Those kind of blanket statement cause more problems then they solve. I know many democrats that are pro second amendment and would fight to defend your right. I also know quite a few republicans that would say you don't have the right to have a gun. Instead of being so wrapped up in voting for x party why not just vote for the best candidate for the job or at least the one that won't do as much damage in the job. When more people do that then we stand a good chance of reversing some of the crap that has gone on in politics for the longest time.

andalusi
07-27-2010, 10:08 PM
You know I get a good laugh when someone goes oh such and such party believes this or that as a whole. Those kind of blanket statement cause more problems then they solve. I know many democrats that are pro second amendment and would fight to defend your right. I also know quite a few republicans that would say you don't have the right to have a gun. Instead of being so wrapped up in voting for x party why not just vote for the best candidate for the job or at least the one that won't do as much damage in the job. When more people do that then we stand a good chance of reversing some of the crap that has gone on in politics for the longest time.

Hey, this is a political thread! What's the big idea with writing a well-reasoned post with impeccable logic and emphasizing what someone actually stands for rather than whether their bumper stickers have a donker or elephant on them? ;)

Wherryj
07-30-2010, 9:48 AM
You should never throw softballs like that in here.

LOL

I don't know how else the NRA is going to try to rank politicians other than what they say. There is no way to read their minds-and I'd be afraid of what we'd find if there was.

Believing a pro-2A statement until a voting record proves otherwise seems reasonable to me...

N6ATF
07-30-2010, 9:58 AM
Could always put them under a functional MRI and detect their lies with 90% accuracy.

Wherryj
07-30-2010, 10:09 AM
Dont let the NRA fool you they have no interest in protecting California. The do want the 2nd to thrive here but thats where it ends. They will back pro 2A candidates that might vote no on some anti-gun bills only to run you broke paying for their special program that does nothing to help this great State. Jerry Brown as one example has done more harm to this state with his pro illegal immigrant stance than any other past Governor. He started the attitude of helping and harboring illegals.
Famous Jerry Brown quote:"We used to be under a Mexican flag, remember?"
He is also quoted as saying:
"When I was governor of California, I signed into law in 1975 the first Agricultural Labor Relations law. Under that law, Caesar Chavez and the United Farm Workers organized farm workers to the point where wages in the fields reached levels of $7 and $8 and $8.50 an hour and even higher for certain skilled jobs."
He is one at fault the illegals are still flocking here in the numbers they are. You want more? Vote for Jerry Brown. Im not endorsing anyone as I still havent made up my mind. Just make sure you have all the facts before you lemmings get in line behind some NRA endorsed hack that cripples your finances FOREVER

I agree. Even if the politician is truely pro-2A, that isn't the only issue to consider.

It's ok to vote for an anti-2A pol who does everything else right. That is what CGF and the lawyers are for-to fix the illegal things that stubborn pols like to do.

Wherryj
07-30-2010, 10:12 AM
Could always put them under a functional MRI and detect their lies with 90% accuracy.

I'd personally suggest waterboarding. It's more accurate, presuming that you leave the candidate on the board for the duration of their term.

ZX-10R
07-30-2010, 10:18 AM

This is a belief that has kept CA down the last few years. Thanks for keeping CA in its place.

You may want to rethink your beliefs and the past 30 years of CA politics and what it has done to this state. I offer nothing to you for information but I want you to research it and help enlighten yourself.

jdberger
07-30-2010, 11:23 AM
This is a belief that has kept CA down the last few years. Thanks for keeping CA in its place.

You may want to rethink your beliefs and the past 30 years of CA politics and what it has done to this state. I offer nothing to you for information but I want you to research it and help enlighten yourself.

Actually, it's your belief that's keeping California down.

Blind allegiance to political parties is civil rights suicide.

I invite you to do some research yourself.

Start with "Lockyer".

turbogg
07-30-2010, 12:36 PM
They are going to say whatever they have to. The aren't worried about being representatives anymore. It is all about power and the party. Doesn't matter whether they are Dem or Rep. I am saddened by the fact we, as in the people have allowed it to reach this point by continuing to put the same idiots back in office.

Ain't that the truth! The voters keep re-electing the same idiots time after time, and then are surprised that they get the same results = the very definition of insanity. Sad.

jl123
07-30-2010, 12:38 PM
Can anyone name any pro-gun Dems in CA at all? Specifically mean politicians.....and I don't mean amicus briefs; I mean voting against gun control legislation consistently.