PDA

View Full Version : cheaper than dirt

heathenisticthoughts
07-26-2010, 10:02 AM
AS of January , 2011 will no longer sell "any " ammo to california , even when as seen below AB 962 is a Handgun ammunition law !
email cheaper than dirt to help change there minds !

AB 962 (Stats. 2009, ch. 628)
Handgun ammunition must be displayed in a manner that makes the ammunition inaccessible to a purchaser or transferee, and requires the assistance of the vendor or an employee of the vendor. (§ 12061.) 1
An employee of a handgun ammunition vendor, who is prohibited from possessing firearms, cannot handle, sell, or deliver handgun ammunition in the course and scope of his or her employment. (§ 12061.)
No one shall supply, deliver, or give ammunition to a minor who is prohibited from possessing ammunition pursuant to section 12101. (§ 12316.)
Any person who is enjoined from engaging in activity associated with a criminal street gang is prohibited from possessing ammunition. A violation is a misdemeanor. (§ 12316.)
Beginning February 1, 2011, the delivery or transfer of handgun ammunition must occur in a face-to-face transaction, with the recipient providing bona fide evidence of his or her identity and age, subject to specified exceptions. Non-face-to-face transfers, such as internet transactions and mail order deliveries are prohibited. A violation is a misdemeanor. (§ 12318.)
Beginning February 1, 2011, handgun ammunition vendors must obtain a thumbprint and other information related to handgun ammunition transactions subject to specified exceptions (including transfers to peace officers who are authorized to carry a firearm in the course and scope their duties). The information must be retained by the vendor for five years from the date of the transaction. A violation is a misdemeanor. (§

I can see why the wouldn’t want to sell handgun ammo to Cali but rifle ammo to that’s bull

pheerLes
07-26-2010, 10:04 AM
As a merchant, they have their policy.

As a buyer, you should also have yours. Don't buy from any merchant whose policies rub you the wrong way.

woodey
07-26-2010, 10:12 AM
How can you blame them, ANY ammo "could" be used in a hand gun. Thanks Thompson Contender

pacrimguru
07-26-2010, 10:15 AM
just don't buy from them. i'm sure there will still be plenty of other companies that will be willing to take our money from us.

Black Majik
07-26-2010, 10:15 AM
Ah yes, more reasons to buy from. Only place I've seen a negative savings. Screw CTD.

GP3
07-26-2010, 10:17 AM
I don't blame them.

Who's to say 223 ammo isn't handgun ammo (AR Pistol)? Etc..

omgwtfbbq
07-26-2010, 10:19 AM
I'm not saying it is, but this could be more of a political statement than a business decision. It could be that in protest of the new ammunition regulations cheaper than dirt would rather cut CA off completely to make a point that this type of legislation carries with it a certain risk for economic blowback. Do I think that cheaper than dirt not selling ammo to CA is going to significantly impact the state economy? Not really, no. However other retailers have made the same statements. Rumor has it Walmart will do the same. That would be a much bigger deal, especially in areas where there are the only retailer in the source for a person-to-person ammunition transaction. If the worlds largest retail chain (not to mention largest corporation period) decides to not sell ammo, maybe other businesses with follow suit. Again, not a fun proposition. Times like these that I'm glad Reno's only 2hrs away.

I'm gonna do what I always do, just wait and see how it goes....

halo6941
07-26-2010, 11:04 AM
californias firearms laws are so screwed up.

heathenisticthoughts
07-26-2010, 11:29 AM
californias firearms laws are so screwed up.

tell me about it

Among the numerous bills signed into law was one restricting the sale of handgun ammunition in California. Here are some quick facts about the new legislation:

•The law will require licensed dealers to keep ammunition behind the counter.
•Gun dealers can only sell less 50 rounds per month to a particular buyer.
•Gun dealers must record information about the ammunition sale including: date, buyer's birthdate, name, address, driver's license, thumbprint, signature; amount, brand, and type of ammunition sold; salesperson it was sold by.
•Internet and mail-order suppliers are banned from selling ammunition directly to California state citizens
•It will be illegal for anyone subject to gang injunction to purchase handgun ammunition.
•The law will take effect in 2011

Dianne
07-26-2010, 11:40 AM
However, the law does not and cannot prohibit California-based ammo companies from selling over the internet to persons outside the state. That said, I think there is going to be a boom in just-over-the-state-line retail ammo stores.

bballwizard05
07-26-2010, 11:49 AM
I thought that 50 round limit got taken out??

Plus yes CTD is allowed to have their policy, and yes we SHOULD stop buying from them, however we should also tell them were going to stop. If everyone emailed them and said I'm taking my 200$ a year (or whatever amount) elsewhere they might re- think

Legasat
07-26-2010, 12:02 PM
It's always easier to stop selling to CA than to learn the laws and help us out here.

Far as I am concerned, they are a bunch of wimps.

stitchnicklas
07-26-2010, 4:11 PM
i will never buy anything from cheaper then dirt.com they are a crapass company that wont even sell a retractable stock ,they say it is illegal in california.

some decent prices but i will stick with midway usa on this

CSACANNONEER
07-26-2010, 4:14 PM
What does it really matter? No one in California should support them anyways! If you or anyone else has been buying ANYTHING from them, you have been supporting their "anti-Ca gun owners" agenda and should be ashamed of yourself!

Wicked Pete
07-26-2010, 6:29 PM
Next year, are we all going to become Law Breakers when we drive out of state to purchase what we need? Will we be stopped and checked at the border?

Cyc Wid It
07-26-2010, 6:31 PM
There's gonna be a 20 mile zone on the border of shacks just selling ammo to CA people at hiked up prices.

Rem222
07-26-2010, 7:01 PM
Next year, are we all going to become Law Breakers when we drive out of state to purchase what we need? Will we be stopped and checked at the border?

I do not think that will be against the law...

yakmon
07-26-2010, 7:15 PM
One word- reload

Greg-Dawg
07-26-2010, 7:17 PM
Actually, Cheaper than Dirt customer service sucks.

I currently live in TX and my girl wanted to buy a car in Dallas. After getting the car, I wanted to buy a Glock 17 Gen4 @ Cheaper Than Dirt using my GSSF coupon. There was crazy traffic on the fwy and they were closing in 10 minutes and I stood right outside their door telling the dude and showing them my cash that I was the guy that called earlier for a G17Gen4!!! The dude refuses to let me in; I asked to speak with a manager (being in the retail biz, you WAIT until the last sale!), but said he's not around and will get mad if he let me in...even when it's now 5 minutes til close.

Bottomline: I will never do business with Cheaper Than Dirt...and I ended up getting my Gen4 at GT Distributors for $398.20. F CTD!!!!

orangeusa
07-26-2010, 7:23 PM
tell me about it

Among the numerous bills signed into law was one restricting the sale of handgun ammunition in California. Here are some quick facts about the new legislation:

•The law will require licensed dealers to keep HANDGUN ammunition behind the counter.
•Gun dealers can only sell less 50 rounds per month to a particular buyer.
•Gun dealers must record information about the ammunition sale including: date, buyer's birthdate, name, address, driver's license, thumbprint, signature; amount, brand, and type of ammunition sold; salesperson it was sold by.
•Internet and mail-order suppliers are banned from selling ammunition directly to California state citizens
•It will be illegal for anyone subject to gang injunction to purchase handgun ammunition.
•The law will take effect in February, 2011

Fixed SOME of that for you. Most of it is paraphrased, so I gave up. Use search function on AB962, prepare to read for 5-6 days. Not being snarky, but I just searched and it's 197 threads at least. The context of law is available also.

IrishPirate
07-26-2010, 7:28 PM
have faith in CGF to get AB 962 overturned. Don't forget that according to the law children won't even be allowed in stores selling handgun ammo (unless that got taken out of the bill with the amount per month restriction). No more taking your kids into Big 5, Wal Mart, or other stores.....I expect good results once a court is allowed to look at the BS legislation.

Foulball
07-26-2010, 8:07 PM
I see that you are new here. Perhaps you could search a bit before you spread your FUD.

tell me about it

•The law will require licensed dealers to keep ammunition behind the counter.
•Gun dealers can only sell less 50 rounds per month to a particular buyer.WRONG
•It will be illegal for anyone subject to gang injunction to purchase handgun ammunition.Already in the books
•The law will take effect in 2011