PDA

View Full Version : Mexican prosecutors say prison guards lent killers guns

SoCal Bob
07-26-2010, 8:05 AM
Perhaps Mexico should spend less time lecturing us about the evils of guns and more time telling their prison directors that inmates should be kept locked inside and not let out on field trips with prison weapons.

Nah, it’s still easier to blame us than take responsibility.

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2010/07/25/mexican-prosecutors-say-prison-guards-lent-inmates-guns-let-carry-massacre/

Here is a link to the story of the shooting where 17 died. Note that they make quite a point of saying that most of the 120 empty casings were .223, probably laying the groundwork for blaming U.S. guns. In a way they were right, they probably were U.S. guns, given to, or sold to, the Mexican Government by the U.S. Government.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2010/07/18/world/main6690076.shtml/

1911su16b870
07-26-2010, 8:51 AM
http://www.foxnews.com/world/2010/07/25/mexican-prosecutors-say-prison-guards-lent-inmates-guns-let-carry-massacre/

Wow...this simply boggles the mind...amazing what $ can buy you...

WTSGDYBBR
07-26-2010, 8:57 AM
This is typical in Mexico.Some think we should help with there cartel issue. YEA RIGHT .

Big Jake
07-26-2010, 8:57 AM
Mexico is full of corruption and money can/does/will buy anything you want including a get out of jail free card. That country will always be in the toilet until/unless the corruption is stopped!

Two Shots
07-26-2010, 9:08 AM
This is nothing knew for Mexico and other countries in Central America and South America.

GuyW
07-26-2010, 9:51 AM
Mexico is corrupt in every aspect and money can/does/will buy anything. That country will always be the toilet.

Fixed it.

gbp
07-26-2010, 9:53 AM
it will just come back that the firearms used were from the US

WTSGDYBBR
07-26-2010, 9:57 AM
I don't believe all the weapons are from the US its just a small fraction . Most of the weapons are from El Salvador .

Crom
07-26-2010, 12:08 PM
If North Americans were to stop using illegal drugs then the cartels and the killings would stop too. It's a supply and demand problem. All the law enforcement in the world could not stop the current flow of drugs.

As far as the violence in the news article, it is very disturbing and is very sad for the people of Mexico.

POLICESTATE
07-26-2010, 12:11 PM
I think Mexicans should rise up and overthrow their corrupt regime and try again. Who knows, maybe this time they will finally get it right.

kapache
07-26-2010, 3:15 PM
I don't believe all the weapons are from the US its just a small fraction . Most of the weapons are from El Salvador .

El Salvador, wtf... where did you got that information from. Everyone knows that Mexico is the most corrupted country on this continent, what makes you think that they will purchase their weapons from El Salvador. When its more easier to just purchase all their weapons from their corrupted Army or Police departments.

stormy_clothing
07-26-2010, 3:30 PM
I think Mexicans should rise up and overthrow their corrupt regime and try again. Who knows, maybe this time they will finally get it right.

Rise up to what, they created that hole over 500 years - many of them have IQ's that rate near handicap and the ones that don't do just fine.

The level of poverty there is staggering and yet you'd be hard pressed to find a dirt poor family without too many mouths to feed. This is selfish laziness at it's most disgusting level. Too selfish to not birth poverty stricken losers into existence and too lazy to increase your standing in life so they don't have to be.

Mexico is no accident, it's a determined push towards oblivion.

My favorite fact is that sewage from there capital city has to be pumped uphill as they are in a lowland surrounded by highlands, but since it's filled to capacity with more than garbage it literally flows out onto the street which makes it the most true definition of a **** hole.

So please don't blame today for an institution of this.

You'd think after a year of that money would be spent to fix it, it's been like 50 years of a continuous issue - there capital city, the source of all there pride and heritage a **** hole.

kapache
07-26-2010, 3:35 PM
Can we just NUKE them and call it a day.

Snaps
07-26-2010, 4:01 PM
If North Americans were to stop using illegal drugs then the cartels and the killings would stop too. It's a supply and demand problem. All the law enforcement in the world could not stop the current flow of drugs.

As far as the violence in the news article, it is very disturbing and is very sad for the people of Mexico.

And if people would have stopped drinking alcohol, the prohibition would have worked then as well. :rolleyes:

Maestro Pistolero
07-26-2010, 4:04 PM
Here's a deal for you, Calderon: We keep the guns in the US until you have a Second Amendment, and you keep your citizens in Mexico until they properly immigrate into the US.

POLICESTATE
07-26-2010, 4:05 PM
Rise up to what, they created that hole over 500 years - many of them have IQ's that rate near handicap and the ones that don't do just fine.

The level of poverty there is staggering and yet you'd be hard pressed to find a dirt poor family without too many mouths to feed. This is selfish laziness at it's most disgusting level. Too selfish to not birth poverty stricken losers into existence and too lazy to increase your standing in life so they don't have to be.

Mexico is no accident, it's a determined push towards oblivion.

My favorite fact is that sewage from there capital city has to be pumped uphill as they are in a lowland surrounded by highlands, but since it's filled to capacity with more than garbage it literally flows out onto the street which makes it the most true definition of a **** hole.

You'd think after a year of that money would be spent to fix it, it's been like 50 years of a continuous issue - there capital city, the source of all there pride and heritage a **** hole.

True, Mexico is a crap country, but I believe that with a good government they could work to fix the place, sure it wouldn't be pretty in a few years, but in a few generations it could be a decent place.

6079Winston
07-26-2010, 4:06 PM
Interesting work release program they have there, makes you wonder how many times they did this before they got caught.

EOD3
07-26-2010, 4:16 PM
And they wonder why we don't want their "cream of the crop"

badmonkey
07-26-2010, 4:21 PM

You'd think after a year of that money would be spent to fix it, it's been like 50 years of a continuous issue - there capital city, the source of all there pride and
heritage a **** hole.

It's a city of 19 million with a combined sewer/stormwater system. it's hard enough getting wastewater treatment projects funded in California (and I know this personally), so what chance does Mexico D.F. have? Lack of discharge regulations and enformcent (stuff that is tightly enforced in CA) mean that the sewers are overrun with toxic chemicals and biohazardous waste. that waste stream gets directly used for irrigation, leading to the spread of diseases like cholera and other terrible pathogens.

FWIW, a WWTP is not cheap. a series of sewer pumpstations and a network of pipes is no small project. in a city of that scale, we're talking hundreds of millions, if not more, to create the infrastructure necessary to handle the waste stream. that doesn't include the multi-million dollar yearly commitment to maintaining the newly built facilities.

there would certainly be tangible benefits--but people would scream bloody murder when it came down to funding...just like they do here. frankly, i think people in the US take their infrastructure for granted, and in 20-50 years we could see out systems similarly overwhelmed without the proper mix of investment/maintenance/regulation.

POLICESTATE
07-26-2010, 4:29 PM
It's a city of 19 million with a combined sewer/stormwater system. it's hard enough getting wastewater treatment projects funded in California (and I know this personally), so what chance does Mexico D.F. have? Lack of discharge regulations and enformcent (stuff that is tightly enforced in CA) mean that the sewers are overrun with toxic chemicals and biohazardous waste. that waste stream gets directly used for irrigation, leading to the spread of diseases like cholera and other terrible pathogens.

FWIW, a WWTP is not cheap. a series of sewer pumpstations and a network of pipes is no small project. in a city of that scale, we're talking hundreds of millions, if not more, to create the infrastructure necessary to handle the waste stream. that doesn't include the multi-million dollar yearly commitment to maintaining the newly built facilities.

there would certainly be tangible benefits--but people would scream bloody murder when it came down to funding...just like they do here. frankly, i think people in the US take their infrastructure for granted, and in 20-50 years we could see out systems similarly overwhelmed without the proper mix of investment/maintenance/regulation.

I remember seeing "Blue Gold" and they did part of the documentary on fresh water issues in Mexico City, they showed their sewer river, not only does it have the usual sewer fare, but also included medical waste including body parts and yuck.

And I believe they pumped it over to some fields or something, but I don't recall for sure.

http://www.netflix.com/WiMovie/Blue_Gold_World_Water_Wars/70113047?strackid=49b04f74fa02c353_0_srl&strkid=1074479115_0_0&trkid=438381

EOD3
07-26-2010, 5:16 PM
Mexico is pretty much like the US in some ways. Most of the people are honest, hard working, decent folks. On the other hand, they have their versions of DC and Chicago as well as a boat-load of various dirtbags and losers. Our dark underside (no pun intended) is pretty well hidden by the newsies reluctance to report crimes committed by certain groups. When was the last time you saw anything on the boob-tube about the s**t-holes in every major city in America?

POLICESTATE
07-26-2010, 5:36 PM
Mexico is pretty much like the US in some ways. Most of the people are honest, hard working, decent folks. On the other hand, they have their versions of DC and Chicago as well as a boat-load of various dirtbags and losers. Our dark underside (no pun intended) is pretty well hidden by the newsies reluctance to report crimes committed by certain groups. When was the last time you saw anything on the boob-tube about the s**t-holes in every major city in America?

I don't know, I've lived in Sacramento, grew up down by LA, been to Oakland, SF, pretty much all of California's ****pit cities.

Then I've been to Mexico, TJ of course, Puerto Vallarta, and there is no comparison. Even the biggest crap city in the USA doesn't have open sewage running through town like some of the cities (including Mexico City) in Mexico.

Seriously, if Mexico was only a "little bit" worse than the USA you wouldn't have MILLIONS of them coming here would you?

keneva
07-26-2010, 5:59 PM
I'm really tired of the excuses. Why do we import stuff from China that pollutes the "GLOBAL ATMOSPHERE'? We don't need to bring anything into the US that we cannot produce here.

We can't use our lakes because of the chinese muscle that was brought in by the ships that bring in their crap. Keep it!

This story about the mexican jailers letting the dirt bags out to commite crime, murder, is great. Let's us know where the real problem is. VIVA La Arizona!

GuyW
07-26-2010, 7:20 PM

So, Mexico City DF is not only politically/philosphically a toilet bowl, but physically as well....

fred40
07-26-2010, 9:43 PM
It's fuggen scary in Mexico. The US should just invade it and call it ours.

Fyathyrio
07-27-2010, 12:09 AM
OK, let me see here...Mexico says they have a problem with our guns in their country, we say we have a problem with their illegal citizens in our country...I propose a one for one swap!

NightOwl
07-27-2010, 12:19 AM
This is typical in Mexico.Some think we should help with there cartel issue. YEA RIGHT .

I think we should. By legalizing marijuana, thus taking a lot of the funding out of those cartels.

Window_Seat
07-27-2010, 7:53 AM
Here's a better solution: Arm the citizens of Mexico and make stupid hurt real good.:devil2:

Erik.

Dr.Lou
07-27-2010, 7:28 PM
You haven't seen a crap city until you've been to Kabul...NO sanitary sewer system. Where I worked at Ministry of the Interior, they use to irrigate the rose bushes around the courtyard ( which was just below my window) with raw sewage from a honey wagon. Ahhhh, nothing like the smell of raw crap in the morning. But I still had a great time.