PDA

View Full Version : Springfield SAR-48 on list vs. SAR-8 Off list?

CALI-gula
04-21-2006, 3:19 PM

grammaton76
04-21-2006, 3:21 PM
However, the Springfield SAR-48 is on the Roberti-Roos list. In some others' opinion, what is your take on the SAR-8 being considered off-list as opposed to the SAR-48. I am leaning towards their being too close, but I do not have the receiver in hand to verify or compare the similarities between the two, or if indeed they do have different markings.

If the receiver is indeed marked SAR-8 and not SAR-48, then I don't see that it would be an issue. You could always write Allison, but of course she might swear it's a banned Romack... :)

Richard
04-21-2006, 3:36 PM
A relative in another state has a Springfield SAR-8 he wants to sell; I would by it from him and have it shipped to my FFL here in CA sans pistol grip and/or whatever evil feature is easily removed.

However, the Springfield SAR-48 is on the Roberti-Roos list. In some others' opinion, what is your take on the SAR-8 being considered off-list as opposed to the SAR-48. I am leaning towards their being too close, but I do not have the receiver in hand to verify or compare the similarities between the two, or if indeed they do have different markings.

This SAR-8 is easily accessible to me, but if not fully logical in refernce to the list, I will just need to do extra leg-work to bring in a PTR-91.

Any thoughts? :confused:

Although Both WERE Springfield Armory Imports, the 48 was named under Roberti-Roos,but not the SAR3.... SAR8 and
SAR-4800 came after the 89 FED import Ban.

HK91 Clone(SAR-8) The SAR3 has pistol grip not thumbhole stock.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v486/ro1964/sar8.jpg

FAL Clone(SAR-4800) THE SAR 48 has pistol grip not thumbhole stock.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v486/ro1964/FALnogrip3.jpg

saber
04-21-2006, 3:46 PM
I would argue that one is an HK clone and the other is an FAL clone. They aren't remotely the same rifle. The only thing they have in common is that they were both made (assembled) by Springfield and both are 7.62.

bwiese
04-21-2006, 4:17 PM
If SAR8 ain't on the list it's good to go.

Remember that the thumbhole stock is an evil CA feature and needs removal prior to shipment as well as any flash hider, etc.

Given that the SAR8 was designed around a "sporting" concept you might have some Fed 922(r) issues to deal with.