PDA

View Full Version : when the Browning 800 barks...the bunnies die!

rumblebee
07-25-2010, 11:37 AM
I got the bug to get a break barrel pellet gun for back yard pests and some fun......I wanted something that I could throw in a back pack though....so, I ended up doing lots O research and found the Browning 800 Mag (in .22)...this thing is a monster and can get up to 800fps with the right pellet(s)..I'm using predator poly mags...this was one of the two from this am (camera died after the first bunny bit it)...about a 20yrd shot and he went about 5 ft, then went to bunny heaven. Anyway, with the Simmons red dot on it, it's a sweet little set up!

http://i331.photobucket.com/albums/l464/rumblebee_album/d7b38a01.jpg

lewdogg21
07-25-2010, 12:19 PM
Cotton tails are out of season right now I believe.

sevensix2x51
07-25-2010, 12:56 PM

308. Brush, Cottontail and Pigmy Rabbits, and Varying Hare (Snowshoe).

(a) General Season and Area: The general season shall open on July 1 extending through the last Sunday in January, and shall be open statewide except for that area described in (d) below.

(b) Falconry Rabbits and Hares. Brush, cottontail and pigmy rabbits and varying hare (snowshoe) may be taken with raptors only during the general rabbit and hare seasons and as follows: The season shall open on the first Monday following the close of the general season extending through the third Sunday in March, and shall be open statewide except for that area described in (d) below.

(c) Bag and Possession Limit in the Aggregate of All Species: Five per day, 10 in possession.

Annonymous
07-25-2010, 1:02 PM

July, 1

rumblebee
07-25-2010, 2:11 PM
thanks sevensix2x51....also, to the reg police, don't assume the date a pic is posted, is the date the animal was taken... oh yeah, may want to brush up on the regs too ;)

308. Brush, Cottontail and Pigmy Rabbits, and Varying Hare (Snowshoe).

(a) General Season and Area: The general season shall open on July 1 extending through the last Sunday in January, and shall be open statewide except for that area described in (d) below.

(b) Falconry Rabbits and Hares. Brush, cottontail and pigmy rabbits and varying hare (snowshoe) may be taken with raptors only during the general rabbit and hare seasons and as follows: The season shall open on the first Monday following the close of the general season extending through the third Sunday in March, and shall be open statewide except for that area described in (d) below.

(c) Bag and Possession Limit in the Aggregate of All Species: Five per day, 10 in possession.

Eargasm
07-25-2010, 10:24 PM
also, to the reg police, don't assume the date a pic is posted, is the date the animal was taken... oh yeah, may want to brush up on the regs too ;)

He's just trying to watch out for you, and, to be fair, you did write:

...this was one of the two from this am

rumblebee
07-25-2010, 11:30 PM
trying to watch out for me would have been actually knowing the reg and then shooting me a pm if I was in the wrong...I'm also pretty sure you don't know whoever "he" is from jack, so how would you know what his motives are?

the post was a about the pellet gun (pistol) and what it can do.. but, you're post was helpful too :detective:

He's just trying to watch out for you, and, to be fair, you did write:

lewdogg21
07-26-2010, 12:36 PM
trying to watch out for me would have been actually knowing the reg and then shooting me a pm if I was in the wrong...I'm also pretty sure you don't know whoever "he" is from jack, so how would you know what his motives are?

the post was a about the pellet gun (pistol) and what it can do.. but, you're post was helpful too :detective:

I guess being helpful is out of the question. Notice I said "I think".

I didn't come out and blast you, sheesh.

rumblebee
07-26-2010, 12:47 PM
Just let the thread die... please :thumbsup:

professionalcoyotehunter
07-26-2010, 1:07 PM
great job!

Big Jake
07-26-2010, 3:42 PM
great job!

Rabbit jerky PCH? :confused:

professionalcoyotehunter
07-26-2010, 4:17 PM