PDA

View Full Version : AIMPOINT MICRO R-1

ronas
07-24-2010, 4:38 PM
Anyone put an /Aimpoint Micro R-1 on an AR and/or on a pistol?

I have a Ruger MK III Hunter with 6 7/8" barrel and with my not as good as it used to be eyesight I thought it would be nice to have an optic on that gun.

I just bought an Accupoint TR24G from Scott at Liberty Optics for AR rifle but I was thinking I read somewhere people were using the Micro R-1 optic too.

tomd1584
07-24-2010, 6:49 PM
I dont have an R1, but i have two H1's. They're pretty much the same, they dont have the night vision capability of the T1.

Super lightweight, they work great on my M&P-22 and LMT AR.

Tom

Fyathyrio
07-24-2010, 11:46 PM
I put a micro on my wife's .357 and we both shoot great with it. It takes some getting used to finding the dot and adjusting to the weight and balance changes, we found that with both eyes open we tended to bring the weapon up centered instead of offset to one eye...just took some practice to adjust and trick the brain. We started with one eye closed at first to replicate the feel with iron sights, then moved on from there. Couple hundred practice rounds each and we're fine now. The optic does change the feel of the revolver some, but again it just takes a little bit of practice to adjust and then you won't notice it. I like it better then she does, so it may end up on my .45 in the future.