PDA

View Full Version : TLR-2 Problems???

MickeyM1212
07-24-2010, 3:36 PM
Just went to the indoor range to test out the laser on my streamlight tlr-2 light laser combo. I was just using the laser not the light and every few shots the light would turn on from the recoil of the gun. I checked the switch and the switch did not change. So it seems like an electrical problem but not sure. So to reset it, I needed to switch the toggle to the right side for the light and then all the way back to the left for laser only. Was wondering if anyone else has had any problems with the tlr-2? Please any input would be greatly appreciated. Should I return to streamlight? It's already to late to try to return it to the online vendor I purchased it from. What to do?

MickeyM1212
07-24-2010, 3:37 PM
Forgot to mention, I was using a Springfield xdm 9 full size.

Unit74
07-24-2010, 4:07 PM
I along with MANY other officers REFUSE to use a weapon light from Streamlight. We had terrible breakage issues on the back plates. We switched to X300's and never looked back.

Streamlight will take care of you though. Call them and 'splain your issue and they will replace whatever is B/O.

Ballistic043
07-24-2010, 4:26 PM
back in 05 some departments had to send back their dpt issued surefire x200's. does that mean surefire is crap? noooo..

more likely it was a bad batch. it happens with the best

send it back and get a new one, problem solved. while your at it, ask them about this rumored back plate problem and if they are working to fix it. and if not, why not since LEO's are using their lights on duty.

ive beaten the living hell out of my TLR1! used it as a hammer (literally, to hammer nails), dropped, thrown, submerged in water& mud for days. it refuses to malfunction. so im really wondering how someone got the back plate to break off.

my insight m2 also kicks *** and ive never had a problem with it.

cyclenut
07-24-2010, 5:22 PM
I'd sent it back to streamlight for repair. They have excellent service there.

I had a problem with the bulb when I first got my TLR-1s. You don't have to do any paperwork, just send it in with a description of the problem and approximately when you got it and they'll fix it. I got mine back about 2 weeks from when I sent it in.

Crazed_SS
07-24-2010, 6:46 PM
Just went to the indoor range to test out the laser on my streamlight tlr-2 light laser combo. I was just using the laser not the light and every few shots the light would turn on from the recoil of the gun. I checked the switch and the switch did not change. So it seems like an electrical problem but not sure. So to reset it, I needed to switch the toggle to the right side for the light and then all the way back to the left for laser only. Was wondering if anyone else has had any problems with the tlr-2? Please any input would be greatly appreciated. Should I return to streamlight? It's already to late to try to return it to the online vendor I purchased it from. What to do?

Never had any such problem with my TLR-2 or TLR-1.. Sounds like a warranty replacement is in order.

SPE
07-24-2010, 9:31 PM
I haven't had any problems with my TLR-2 on my XD. Sounds like a $0.20 part needs to be replaced. Hope they take care of you.

faterikcartman
07-24-2010, 10:05 PM
I'm not going to argue that the Streamlight isn't better, but it also costs more. I don't beat my TLR-2 on duty so that isn't an issue for me. It has been great on a .357 magnum with no issues from either the light or laser. Hope they take care of you and good luck.

maschronic
07-24-2010, 10:15 PM
interesting issues with your TLR-2. i own 2 TLR-2 and 1 TLR-1. i've never had any problems from any one of them. i have my TLR-2 on my Glock 29 10mm. i have shot about 300 HOT reloads and never an issue. i know my 10mm loads are way hotter than your 9mm.