PDA

View Full Version : The gun is always bluer

rromeo
07-24-2010, 11:52 AM
Pardon my takeoff on the grass is greener.
I recently moved from California to Virginia. Of course the gun laws here are a bit more relaxed. No 10 day wait, no roster of handguns I can buy or long guns I can't. The gun shows have guns. I can apply for a concealed handgun permit and I WILL receive it. I can LOC if I wish.
I can't find a local business that stocks walls full of black rifle parts.

dad
07-24-2010, 12:00 PM
That is a beautiful state, plus a lot of Revolutionary history to see!

sevensix2x51
07-24-2010, 12:46 PM
thats ok, the deals are better online anyways. :D

Sajedene
07-24-2010, 1:34 PM
Shut your mouth! /rage

Just kidding. Sounds fantastic!

rromeo
07-24-2010, 3:21 PM
I am really happy, but the gun world is quite different. 3 stores within 10 minutes have 5-10 AR types, and 5-10 AK types on the rack right now. I'm just used to buying lowers, then all the rest of the pieces how I choose. In Sacramento, I could drive 20 minutes to any of 4 stores, and pick what I wanted from the wall.
Another odd thing is that to buy a black rifle, you need to show a second proof of legal residency. Not your address, that you are allowed to be in the country. I don't necessarily disagree, it was just a surprise. It's easier to buy a handgun than it is to buy an AR15.
I wish it was easier to shoot my rifles though. Most of the ranges around here are membership only, and you can only join in December. The public ranges at the wildlife areas are closed for the summer, and the Army base lets civilians use the range on Sundays, but they only allow rimfire and black powder.

BenjaminCA
07-24-2010, 4:35 PM
Sound like every state has its setbacks. Don't forget to clean the dust off your AR mags from dropping them in the dirt all day! Why is it you can only sign up for range use in December? And the public ranges are closed in the summer? That's pretty strange.