PDA

View Full Version : Baby Eagle 9mm

Diesel-Gunner
07-23-2010, 10:40 PM
Just shot a Baby Eagle 9mm that a friend of mine has and fell in love. Its a steel frame full size and shoots great! So I am looking at prices on GB etc and getting excited about the mid level prices. Then I look on the Cal approved list and see that they have been removed since Dec last year!

So am I S.O.L. and have to wait for a private party transfer to show up on Calguns or can they still legally be found (remaining stock) in stores?

Just my luck!:(

Rekrab
07-23-2010, 11:08 PM
I've seen a fair number show up. If you want one, keep an eye out and you'll find one.

Oldnoob
07-23-2010, 11:15 PM
It has to be eight PPT or on consignment. The 9mm is now hard to find, 40 and 45 you can see the on for sale section every now and then. If you really want one, why not try the CZ75? Beside few parts, it's mostly the same gun (though Jericho or Baby Eagle does sound cooler).

Krazski
07-23-2010, 11:35 PM
I really like my Jericho 9mm. Its weight keeps the recoil down and the rubber grips I have for it really make it sit nicely in the hand. I have thought about getting rid of it to get something with more accessible accessories. But I still can't decide since it is my first pistol and it shoots really well.

http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j157/Sandfire18/Guns/823_0145.jpg

The Sauce
07-23-2010, 11:58 PM
I bought one last year on consignment. It was pretty new and in great shape with only about 150rds through it, and came with all the factory paperwork, case, 2 mags etc.

I paid a pretty hefty price for it, but I didn't care. This is one of the guns that i've been wanting forever and fate just rewarded me one day. Now that I have it, i'm not selling it or trading it for anything.

Good luck, it's a great gun and i'm sure you'll come across one.

AIMSMALL
07-24-2010, 12:01 AM
I've got the .45 version and yeah it's not going anywhere.

Quiet
07-24-2010, 2:00 AM
Good luck!
Especially, since the Jericho 941/Uzi Eagle/Baby Eagle/Baby Desert Eagle is no longer imported into the USA.

Diesel-Gunner
07-24-2010, 8:41 AM
It has to be eight PPT or on consignment. The 9mm is now hard to find, 40 and 45 you can see the on for sale section every now and then. If you really want one, why not try the CZ75? Beside few parts, it's mostly the same gun (though Jericho or Baby Eagle does sound cooler).

I have not looked into the CZ75. Maybe a local range in the Bay Area has one I can rent and shoot. Thats the only way I will buy a handgun anymore. Takes the "impulse buy" out of the equation for me. I was having too many "That looks really cool" moments and then the gun couldnt hit the side of a barn at 10ft. LOL

Does anyone have both the eagle and a Cz for a comparison?

Oldnoob
07-24-2010, 9:48 AM
Here is my CZ75 SA. Its basic model was what Jericho was copy from. So if Jericho was what you looking for, get the CZ75 B.

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f185/johell/My%20gun/CZ75BSA.jpg

Beside, you got the frame mount safety as bonus.

AIMSMALL
07-24-2010, 12:25 PM
Good luck!
Especially, since the Jericho 941/Uzi Eagle/Baby Eagle/Baby Desert Eagle is no longer imported into the USA.

Yeah that sucks, I had a bad feeling when they went from magnum research to Charles Daly. I think that switch is what caused the stuff to drop off the approved list too however I know they added a rail to the the Baby Eagle too so I guess it would have been off the list anyway.

OP, If you want the Baby Eagle in 9mm be patient and keep looking for one, I love mine in 45, it took me awhile to find it but it was worth it. Granted it will be alot harder for you because you can't get one from out of state now but you'll find a CA one if your patient.

Diesel-Gunner
07-24-2010, 10:41 PM
Yeah that sucks, I had a bad feeling when they went from magnum research to Charles Daly. I think that switch is what caused the stuff to drop off the approved list too however I know they added a rail to the the Baby Eagle too so I guess it would have been off the list anyway.

OP, If you want the Baby Eagle in 9mm be patient and keep looking for one, I love mine in 45, it took me awhile to find it but it was worth it. Granted it will be alot harder for you because you can't get one from out of state now but you'll find a CA one if your patient.

Thanks,

I will post a WTB ad and see if anything pops up.

Wink
07-27-2010, 10:56 AM
I have the CZ and Baby Eagle in 9mm, and I'll just say this. My CZ has a few hundred rounds down the pipe, and the Eagle has thousands. Not saying the CZ is bad at all, I just love the baby Eagle.

Good luck on finding one. I'm looking for the full size in .40. I have the compact, and like it, but it is a little heavy to carry.

bigthaiboy
07-27-2010, 11:27 AM

When Charles Daly / KBI took over importation of the Baby Eagle / Jericho from Magnum Research, Magnum Research stopped paying the annual extortion fee to CA DoJ, and the Baby eagle fell off the Roster. As it was the Jericho could not be submitted by KBI for testing due to new regulations for the mag disconnect and loaded chamber indicator. At the end of last year, KBI were in the process of getting IWI to prepare some prototypes with a loaded chamber indicator and a magazine safety disconnect, and submit 3 models, a 9mm, a .40S&W, and a .45ACP Jericho for safety testing.

As you probably know, KBI fell into financial trouble in January this year, and went Bye, Bye. So we were close to getting a CA-approved Jericho, but it was never meant to be.