PDA

View Full Version : Anyone heard of May 1st when Kasler gets updated?

shooterx10
04-20-2006, 12:13 PM
Ok, I don't want to put everyone in a tizzy, but I heard from a FFL that May 1st, 2006 (or the week of) is when the DOJ will update the Kasler list with the off-list lowers we are purchasing now. This is the day after the .50BMG reg period closes.

Anyone hear the same news or rumor? Shall I put on my tin foil hat? :eek:

bear308
04-20-2006, 12:29 PM
almoast makes sense, but I have a feeling it's a tin foil fantasy.

383green
04-20-2006, 12:33 PM
It's been speculated here that the DOJ may be deliberately putting off the list update until after 4/30 to avoid the confusion of dealing with two overlapping registration periods. Did the FFL give you any reason to believe that they have any reliable inside information about their statement? Lots of folks (with or without FFLs) have opinions about if or when the list will be updated, but unless they have a buddy in the firearms division of the DOJ their opinions are most likely just speculation, IMHO.

icormba
04-20-2006, 12:38 PM
for the 1,000,000 time... 2 more weeks!! ;) :)

50 Freak
04-20-2006, 1:03 PM
Oh crap, May 1st is actually two weeks (give or take) away.

This could be real people......:D :D

PanzerAce
04-20-2006, 1:17 PM
I really dont mind how long untill they list, so long as it is before September, when I go back to school and finally get money to build my receivers up.

gose
04-20-2006, 1:27 PM
I really dont mind how long untill they list, so long as it is before September, when I go back to school and finally get money to build my receivers up.

Im hoping of another 45 days, so I can get some as well...

PanzerAce
04-20-2006, 1:31 PM
lol, well, I already hit my gun limit with the two STAGs and the NDS-3 :D The only thing I want now is for RRA to come out with stripped LAR-10s :D

GTKrockeTT
04-20-2006, 1:35 PM
they will list early may...who wants to buy some of my lowers for $499 today?

slo5oh
04-20-2006, 2:24 PM
they will list early may...who wants to buy some of my lowers for $499 today?

too funny! way too funny.

phish
04-20-2006, 3:06 PM
lol, well, I already hit my gun limit with the two STAGs and the NDS-3 :D The only thing I want now is for RRA to come out with stripped LAR-10s :D

yeah, that would be a dang shame since Spreadfire in TX is willing to make complete rifles Kali-legit

I even had another out of state FFL willing to do the same whenever RRA started shipping the LAR-10

if it really does happen in May, such is life

blacklisted
04-20-2006, 3:11 PM
We've joked that they would list on May Day.

GTKrockeTT
04-20-2006, 3:11 PM
Cinco de Mayo

PanzerAce
04-20-2006, 3:19 PM
yeah, that would be a dang shame since Spreadfire in TX is willing to make complete rifles Kali-legit

I even had another out of state FFL willing to do the same whenever RRA started shipping the LAR-10

if it really does happen in May, such is life

Yah, well, I cant really afford to get a complete LAR-10 :/

grammaton76
04-20-2006, 4:26 PM
Actually, I feel that not only will they not want to have overlapping periods, they're going to want a month in between them to finish chasing all the loose ends from the 50BMG reg and to tell all the people who submit their regs late, to dispose of their weapons, game's over, etc.

So I think we'd be more likely to see June 1st. They do seem to prefer to do reg periods on 1st-of-month boundaries.

xenophobe
04-20-2006, 5:05 PM
Actually, I feel that not only will they not want to have overlapping periods, they're going to want a month in between them to finish chasing all the loose ends from the 50BMG reg and to tell all the people who submit their regs late, to dispose of their weapons, game's over, etc.

So I think we'd be more likely to see June 1st. They do seem to prefer to do reg periods on 1st-of-month boundaries.

Agreed on all counts...

Ford8N
04-20-2006, 5:22 PM
Ok, I don't want to put everyone in a tizzy, but I heard from a FFL that May 1st, 2006 (or the week of) is when the DOJ will update the Kasler list with the off-list lowers we are purchasing now. This is the day after the .50BMG reg period closes.

Anyone hear the same news or rumor? Shall I put on my tin foil hat? :eek:

Who was the FFL and who told him this? Exactly what was said? Name the source.

gose
04-20-2006, 5:56 PM

NOOOO!

That would really piss me off, since I can't buy any lowers until June 5th :(

June 2nd is a Friday, so I'm hoping they will at least delay to Friday 9th...

grammaton76
04-20-2006, 6:13 PM
NOOOO!

That would really piss me off, since I can't buy any lowers until June 5th :(

June 2nd is a Friday, so I'm hoping they will at least delay to Friday 9th...

What's with the long delay - is this a birthday thing? If so... man, I hope it does wait up for you.

If it isn't, then what silly things are you spending your money on in the meantime? Eating or something? SHEESH, some people! :p

Mr.RoDiN
04-20-2006, 6:33 PM
Seriously, I do hope its a birthday thing, cuz your cutting it close if its somthing else. If you can legally buy, BUY!!!!!!!!!!! Otherwise, I dont mind waiting as long as everyone, well at least everyone on this forum is happy!:)

blacklisted
04-20-2006, 6:36 PM
I believe he just came here from Sweden, and you have to be a permanent resident for a certain amount of time before you can purchase firearms (3 months?).

Mr.RoDiN
04-20-2006, 6:49 PM
Ohh Thats a messed up situation. I hope it works out for him.

1911jerry
04-20-2006, 7:25 PM
If they set the reg period on June 2nd, could he buy one PPT after June 2nd and before the end of the 30 day reg period?

Might be a way?

JS

gose
04-20-2006, 7:31 PM
No birthday, 90 day federal waiting period that they make me do EVERY time I leave the country. It's really messed up and I'm doing my best atm to duck every possibility of business trips abroad :(

However, the money I _should_ be spending on guns are sitting in my account, so when the day comes, it's shopping time (and hopefully I'll be able to get some lowers) :)

WhiteSands
04-20-2006, 10:07 PM
They don't have to built just reg the lower(s) if and when...:)

bbq_ribs
04-20-2006, 10:18 PM
Who knows. This might be true.

Remember, May 1st is also another huge "illegal aliens cry for 'rights' that they don't deserve" day. Seems that they're planning another huge protest or a work stoppage.

http://www.immigrantsolidarity.org/ <-- link to some of their asshattery. Like we need more.

I mean, the news would be covering $IMMIGRANT_WHINING instead of "DOJ updates lists"

adamsreeftank
04-21-2006, 12:08 AM
I believe .... I believe ... I believe ....

Justang
04-21-2006, 7:38 AM
We've joked that they would list on May Day.

Now that would be appropriate! :D

NRAhighpowershooter
04-21-2006, 8:27 AM
I thought the list was coming out today??

:p

artherd
04-21-2006, 8:28 AM
It's going to come out yesterday.

thmpr
04-21-2006, 12:22 PM
What are you all talking about? The list was updated back in December 2005 when DOJ said it will.

:rolleyes: