View Full Version : HK MP-5 Build
07-23-2010, 4:55 PM
Can someone fill me in if a person can build an MP5 from scratch.
i found a site that sells the MP5 receivers but you still need to get it welded. provided i can get this done, can i build my own MP5? Parts are all over the web so potentially i can build an MP-5.
I figured this is ok since people do the AR's all the time.
07-23-2010, 5:24 PM
You need to obey all federal and local laws, that includes NFA, 922(r), and California assault weapons laws. If you were to do all this then yes it would be legal. It would probably be cheaper to buy a factory MP5 style rifle in the end.
07-30-2010, 9:51 PM
If you have any hk94/Mp5 questions please feel free to contact us that is our specialty.
07-31-2010, 8:15 AM
1. Won't be cheap, and will be cheaper to buy a coharie.
2. If you want to home build from a flat, you will need some sort of jig, a press, and a welder. If you are rolling from a flat, you need to weld it yourself.
3. These are not as easy as an AK build, but if you are mechanically competent and have some basic welding skills, is very doable.
4. Need a bullet button or radlock to keep from being AW in Cali.
5. For fed, you need to figure out US parts count for a rifle & barrel extension / fake can, or you can do pistol build from a flat.
I am sure I missed something.
11-16-2010, 11:18 PM
Thanks for the help.
11-16-2010, 11:34 PM
In the gunsmithing section there was a thread on a G3/CETME build. The builds are very similiar and will provide you with an idea on what's involved.
11-17-2010, 9:14 AM
Do you have the funds to take on a project like this?
Keep in mind that an MP5 pistol from MKE (Turkish mfg w/ H&K license on former H&K equipment) will run you ~$1500+californification fees. IIRC, that's going to be in line with what a parts kit may run you.
11-22-2010, 10:43 PM
thanks guys. not sure if i have the funds or the skills to build this. :(
There's always a GSG or a Umarex in 22LR.
Would be FAR cheaper to shoot anyway.
vBulletin® v3.8.9, Copyright ©2000-2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.