PDA

View Full Version : John Jardine's custom Para Ordnance p14-45

k9noid
07-23-2010, 3:22 PM
Still seeking information on a recently reqired Jardine's custom Para Ord. p14-45. Does anyone have a build estimate and current value estimate on this type of pistol. I know without a spec sheet its pretty hard, but I have no where else to start so I figured Cal-Gunners could help me with this.
Thanks All,
K9.

mrlightning559
07-23-2010, 8:10 PM
It's worth at least 200 wanna sell it

BNuge
07-23-2010, 8:16 PM
I've shot a few guns with work from Jardine and they are priceless in my opinion. A guy at the range gets work done there and lets me shoot his stuff :) As far as I know every time he gives him a gun he spends at least 300-500 on it. I can ask him this sunday and give you a better estimate when I know. He does great work though.

buffybuster
07-23-2010, 8:38 PM
Still seeking information on a recently reqired Jardine's custom Para Ord. p14-45. Does anyone have a build estimate and current value estimate on this type of pistol. I know without a spec sheet its pretty hard, but I have no where else to start so I figured Cal-Gunners could help me with this.
Thanks All,
K9.

Looks like an older Limited Class gun. Eyeballing it from the one photo looks like the frame, slide and grips were kept and everything else was replaced. Also looks like a Extreme Engineering or Briley welded on magwell (not easy to do) but a nice addon. Also has a checked frontstrap, front serrations, beveled/dehorned, blended Bomar rearsight, dovetailed frontsight, Ed Brown grip safety, aftermarket MSH, trigger, probably custom fitted match barrel/bushing. This "looks" like a nice put together pistol, because I don't see any of the obvious shortcuts that are seen are many other "custom" 1911's. But I'd have to see more photos or inspect it in person to confirm.

A pistol like this put together properly, depending on round count, condition, accessories, etc. is worth IME $1500-2000 if in excellent condition. (have to inspect it more closely to narrow the range)

If it's Jardine gun might be worth a bit more to a collector but not to a shooter. These competition guns were meant to be shot a lot and worn out in a couple of seasons, then rebuilt. So to a competition shooter, it's only worth what parts are in it and HOW it was put together, not who put it together.

Chances are it cost a lot more than $1500 to have the gun built, not to mention probably taking at least 6 months to take delivery.

faterikcartman
07-23-2010, 10:49 PM
My wife spoke with Jardine recently and he estimated if you got on his waiting list today he would surely be dead before he made a gun for you. My wife thinks he was being serious. Keep that in mind when you do your calculations.

k9noid
07-25-2010, 11:14 AM
Thanks for the info, I will post more photos. It does have "jardine's customs" stamped on the side of it.

Thanks, K9

k9noid
07-25-2010, 7:14 PM
More photos added
Thanks for the responses.
K9

k9noid
07-25-2010, 7:16 PM
More photos added

k9noid
08-07-2010, 12:08 PM
Another photo added