PDA

View Full Version : Chinese AK Kit worth?

frankm
07-23-2010, 1:50 PM
What do you think an NHM-90 is worth minus the receiver and rivets? It has all the parts besides that.

Rekrab
07-23-2010, 3:23 PM
Quite a lot. I'd guess $500 at minimum...

frankm
07-23-2010, 4:34 PM
Seems like a lot for a kit. Don't forget, no receiver. It has to stay out of Calif for obvious reasons.

CSACANNONEER
07-23-2010, 4:48 PM
The kit does not have to stay out of California for any reason. I'm not sure what "obvious" reason you are thinking of. I sure can't think of ANY reason. Personally, I would not pay over $300 for it (I'm cheap) but, If I was trying to sell it, I'd probably start at about $500 just because you don't see them for sale.

frankm
07-23-2010, 4:55 PM
The kit does not have to stay out of California for any reason. I'm not sure what "obvious" reason you are thinking of. I sure can't think of ANY reason. Personally, I would not pay over $300 for it (I'm cheap) but, If I was trying to sell it, I'd probably start at about $500 just because you don't see them for sale.

Oh, the receiver is an NHM-90. The rest of the rifle is just gun parts. Remove the receiver, and, instant parts kit. Just need a flat and some rivets. Of course, if you don't have the receiver, it's not really an NHM-90 anymore, right?

CSACANNONEER
07-23-2010, 4:59 PM
Oh, the receiver is an NHM-90. The rest of the rifle is just gun parts. Remove the receiver, and, instant parts kit. Just need a flat and some rivets. Of course, if you don't have the receiver, it's not really an NHM-90 anymore, right?

Right, just the receiver is listed. Of course, there is a valid arguement that a stripped listed receiver is legal in Ca since, it is not a semi-automatic rifle. But, it's not worth the possible legal hasle and fees right now.

frankm
07-23-2010, 5:22 PM
Yup, lost my storage, all the way in Flaggstaff. Not really cost effective for me to try to sell it there and have to drive. At least 150 in gas in my truck. But my bud can box up the parts and send them to me. Then I can sell the parts kit here, someone can find a receiver for it, I'm sure.

jamesob
07-23-2010, 9:18 PM
i have a new nhm-90 at my brothers house in oregon, someone give me 900. and i will have my brother cut in pieces and ship it to you.:D

frankm
07-23-2010, 10:18 PM
I might be interested.:D
Does it have the 66 in triangle on the trunnion? Send me some pics if you can. Also a pic of the front sight block..

No 66 in triangle.

sd1023x
07-24-2010, 12:45 PM
Lets see some pictures to see condition! I have a NHM-90....but unfortunately I bubba'ed it and never got back to workin on it. I removed the barrel and replaced it, but might be interested in it as spares.

JAGGUY
07-24-2010, 12:56 PM
I sold a MAK90 parts kit on G-broker about a year ago for 380 plus shipping.

CSACANNONEER
07-24-2010, 3:09 PM
Currently, there are no flats being made for these. There has been talk about AK-Builder making some (I spoke with Curtis personally about it so, it's not a rumor). But, to date, none have been made. People have used regular flats and shimmed them a bit though.

RTE
07-24-2010, 9:22 PM
Couple questions
Is it currently a complete NHM-90 ?
NORINCO Brand in 5.56X45 ?
If not registered in Ca......why not sell it from Flagstaff ?

frankm
07-24-2010, 9:49 PM
Couple questions
Is it currently a complete NHM-90 ?
NORINCO Brand in 5.56X45 ?
If not registered in Ca......why not sell it from Flagstaff ?

Not complete. It needs a receiver and some rivets. Everything else is there. It's 7.62x39mm. It's not registered here. I'm losing my storage in Flagstaff. Gas alone would be at least 150. So, it's not exactly cost effective to sell it there. I actually prefer that it be sold in California as a parts kit so that the AW ban is neutered, and they don't win by keeping this rifle out of California. The more AK's here, the better.

Here's the legal parts. Evil part is not displayed.

RTE
07-24-2010, 10:36 PM
Yup looks like machine parts to me.....shipping would be the way to go.

So what's the difference between the NHM-90 and the MAK-90?
(Threaded barrel and slightly different stock?)
Or was the receiver one imported with a converted under folding stock?

I actually prefer that it be sold in California as a parts kit so that the AW ban is neutered, and they don't win by keeping this rifle out of California.
By all means do
Someday soon you could put it back to
http://www.glamisdunes.com/invision/gallery_imgs/1266553047/gallery_4554_28_36191.jpg

frankm
07-24-2010, 11:05 PM
I like your pix!

I think the only difference is the stock and the tack-welded pipe-thingy-that-serves-no-purpose on the front. But I'm not sure.

I'm torn between rebuilding it or selling it. On the one hand, I could pick up another rifle such as Saiga, 30-06, etc. On the other, I get to keep my baby.

RTE
07-24-2010, 11:17 PM
the tack-welded pipe-thingy-that-serves-no-purpose

Doesn't it cover some threads?

frankm
07-24-2010, 11:22 PM
Oh, you're right. It screws on, then is tacked.

frankm
07-25-2010, 12:45 PM
People have used regular flats and shimmed them a bit though.

Which flat do they use? Do the holes line up or are there special things that need to be done with these flats? Also, which rivet kit to buy?