PDA

View Full Version : The CA Roster

plumbum
07-22-2010, 5:35 PM
...has not been updated for some time, perhaps they are on furlough?

Black_Talon
07-22-2010, 6:20 PM
No gun manufacturers have anything that will comply? Especially pistols because of the "LCI" and "mag safety" requirements.

PEZHEAD265
07-22-2010, 8:44 PM
What happens when the list runs out and the gun companies don't have any guns that comply to CA laws?????Does that mean that we can't buy any new pistols and stuck with what ever is in the state and C&R guns.If that happens that would really suck.

BigDogatPlay
07-22-2010, 9:26 PM
What happens when the list runs out and the gun companies don't have any guns that comply to CA laws?????Does that mean that we can't buy any new pistols and stuck with what ever is in the state and C&R guns.If that happens that would really suck.

You've uncovered the evil design behind the roster..... and perhaps one of it's fatal flaws.

The entire concept of the roster was, as I see it, to limit choices and make it ever more difficult for new handguns to be sold in California. With the eventual goal of administratively choking off any or all new submissions for the roster. Particularly inherently eeeee-vil things like black polymer framed pistols.

Manufacturers who discontinue models would no longer submit them, of course. So the roster would, over time, be further winnowed down until eventually there was nothing left and all we could buy would be single shots and revolvers.

Making it tougher for the honest citizen.... one stupid law at a time. It's how your Legislature rolls.

Munk
07-22-2010, 9:48 PM
you would just have gunshops selling EVERY gun as a singleshot conversion, with a small "rebate" if you "sell" them a mag blocker and longer barrel. This rebate would be good for 1 factory barrel that is specific to the model, and 1 to 3 magazinesthat would work if you just happened to convert your "single shot" into a semi-automatic again.

However, this ought to be moot soon with Pena v Cid.

Gunhacker
07-22-2010, 11:35 PM
The dark clouds that have formed above ammo sales is what concerns me more than the roster. Eventually 2nd Amendment right challenges will win out over the roster, but ammo purchase and possesion therof, shooting ranges, etc are not protected under the 2nd Amendment.

So what the hell good will having a safe full of guns be if you have no where to legally shoot them or little to nothing to feed them?

michaelh
07-23-2010, 12:54 AM
LC, mag disconnect, and ammo restrictions just simply fulfill the goal of disarming us. Hopefully things will start looking better in the next few years...

I'm looking forward to adding an XDm 9mm to my collection for a NORMAL price.

The Fugitive
07-23-2010, 1:10 AM
Update? lol

The roster was design to get rid of guns. Once that's done they'll update us with the news that you can no longer buy guns.

SixtyDashOne
07-23-2010, 1:29 AM
Just curious, as I was not around when this asinine roster was implemented... but who exactly is responsible for this "safe handgun" roster, anyway? I am just curious who was the assemblyman or whatever the person was that was primarily responsible for coming up with this scheme? I would like to leave a flaming bag of poop on this person's doorstep.

missiondude
07-23-2010, 7:09 AM
My ahem theory is the manufacturers see the writing on the wall, that the roster will be gone within a year... Why submit new guns when they can just wait it out? Well, that is my glass half full view:43:

Malthusian
07-23-2010, 7:19 AM
Just curious, as I was not around when this asinine roster was implemented... but who exactly is responsible for this "safe handgun" roster, anyway? I am just curious who was the assemblyman or whatever the person was that was primarily responsible for coming up with this scheme? I would like to leave a flaming bag of poop on this person's doorstep.

Here you go:

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=81127

We need to get fired up!!

Glock Gen 4's are not and will not be allowed on the roster
Glock Gen 3's will be discontinued

Glocks will be the first of many

Most don't even bother.

The roster hurts us, it hurts FFL's

plumbum
07-23-2010, 8:22 AM
The roster is still listing models that have expired so someone in the DOJ isn't doing their job; taking away our options one step at a time that is. Maybe they have decided to pack it up and close shop.
:sleeping:

Legasat
07-23-2010, 8:33 AM
It's not a question of compliance. The manufacturers could comply easily, if they wanted to. It's a matter of extortion. How many want to design a gun with the mag disconnect, and pay the extortion fees for every configuration of every model they produce? I don't blame the Mfr's at all.

Hopefully, this D@MN list will be gone very soon with one of the CGF lawsuits.

viet4lifeOC
07-23-2010, 8:43 AM
How likely is the lawsuit going to end the roster?

time frame this will happen?

thanks...I HATE the CA ROSTER..It has kept me up at nights thinking of possible scenerios to get the XDm and Sig E2 via other means.

My wife asked me last night why I have so many guns and plan to buy more? ONE reason, and there are others, is that if I was able to get the XDm and E2...I'd probably stop. But since that's not possible..I've been buying guns that come close, BUT NOT what I want. Each gun is MISSING something that makes it fall short of the XDm and Sig E2.

michaelh
07-23-2010, 9:41 AM
thanks...I HATE the CA ROSTER..It has kept me up at nights thinking of possible scenerios to get the XDm and Sig E2 via other means.

Oh man! I TOTALLY forgot about the Sig P226 E2. The grip is 100x better than my P226R with Hogue G10 grips. That'll be another item to add to the wish list...:thumbsup:

SixtyDashOne
07-23-2010, 10:04 AM
Here you go:

Most don't even bother.

Thanks for the link, I actually started to read that post at one point awhile ago, and it was pissing me off so I hit "back" in disgust before I ever made it to the bottom where it mentions who's responsible for the roster. So it's a Democrat from LA that authored the bill... why am I not surprised.

Malthusian
07-23-2010, 10:30 AM
The dark clouds that have formed above ammo sales is what concerns me more than the roster. Eventually 2nd Amendment right challenges will win out over the roster, but ammo purchase and possesion therof, shooting ranges, etc are not protected under the 2nd Amendment.

So what the hell good will having a safe full of guns be if you have no where to legally shoot them or little to nothing to feed them?

Didn't even think of that one. Shutting down the gun ranges would definitely hamper my enthusiasm for my hobby.

The current primer shortage causes me to pause and realize without primers the whole concept of reloading is moot

So even on the reloading front, things are pretty gloomy.

With everyone hoarding all the available ammo, supplies are dwindling daily

michaelh
07-23-2010, 1:33 PM
With everyone hoarding all the available ammo, supplies are dwindling daily

The hoarding isn't as bad as before though right?

Malthusian
07-23-2010, 2:13 PM
From what I have seen ammo "is" available.
.357 is rather scarce.

With the new ammo restrictions going into effect next year.
There "will" be last minute last minute "oh I better get ammo before the ban goes into effect" last minute hoarders

vandal
07-26-2010, 10:33 AM
I wonder if now that Glock has gone back to the single recoil spring for 9mm Gen4 Glocks if Gen4 can be sold. Basically it's just changing the grip texture and adding a layerable backstrap, no internal (ie mechanical or safety) differences from Gen3. If SF was allowed, Gen4 9mm should be.

Malthusian
07-26-2010, 11:01 AM
I believe the "issue" is due to the fact Gen 4 has the new ambidextrous mag release. Glock will not tool up for two different versions, one for CA and one for the rest of the free world

vandal
07-26-2010, 11:12 AM
Just a point of clarification, but I think Glock dropped the ambi mag release and Gen 4 has a switchable mag release.

Malthusian
07-26-2010, 3:54 PM
Just a point of clarification, but I think Glock dropped the ambi mag release and Gen 4 has a switchable mag release.

Yes I keep calling it ambidextrous when it is actually "either/or" not both

And if you do "Switch it" the Gen 3 mags do not work in the Gen 4

orangeusa
07-26-2010, 4:16 PM
There have been a lot of additions recently. Unfortunately mostly revolvers.
http://ag.ca.gov/firearms/forms/pdf/recentlyadded.pdf

And a LOT of removals mostly semi-autos.
http://ag.ca.gov/firearms/forms/pdf/removed.pdf

Picking the mag release safety as a new safety device was clever. Evil, wrong, stupid, but clever.

Malthusian
07-26-2010, 4:45 PM
The Desert Eagle Mark XIX went off roster last Monday
Even when you could buy it. If you wanted the 50AE you needed to order the barrel separately. If you wanted a different finish you had to ship the whole gun to Magnum research for finishing. I calculated around $2200 by the time you jumped through the hoops.

ke6guj
07-26-2010, 4:53 PM
The Desert Eagle Mark XIX went off roster last Monday
Even when you could buy it. If you wanted the 50AE you needed to order the barrel separately. If you wanted a different finish you had to ship the whole gun to Magnum research for finishing. I calculated around $2200 by the time you jumped through the hoops.this one is still on list, "Magnum Research DE44CA BC / Steel Pistol 6" .44 Magnum 6/11/2011"

Malthusian
07-26-2010, 4:59 PM
I saw that one. It is not listed as a Mark XIX
However the Mark XIX is the only model in production

There may be hope yet.

The CA version has the added firing pin block and I have heard the trigger pull is awful

Personally after the 1911, Desert Eagles are my
favorite's

ke6guj
07-26-2010, 5:06 PM
per the model number, DE44CA BC, it is a Mark XIX, http://magnumresearch.com/docs/Magnum_catalog_2010.pdf

orangeusa
07-26-2010, 5:17 PM
Alphabet soup.

Added:
Browning Buck Mark Lite Green (TB) 5.5 FLT URX F/O SE MS / Steel Slide; Alloy Frame .22 LR Pistol 5.5" 6/26/2010
Browning Buck Mark Lite Grey (TB) 7.24 FLT URX F/O SE MS / Steel Slide; Alloy Frame .22 LR Pistol 7.25" 6/26/2010
Browning Buck Mark Practical (Tolerance Band)URX F/O NS MS / Steel Slide; Alloy Frame .22 LR Pistol 5.5" 6/26/2010

Removed:
Browning Buck Mark Camper MS / Steel, Alloy .22 LR Pistol 5.5" 4/25/2010Browning Buck Mark JMB NRA HG / Steel, Alloy .22 LR Pistol 5.5" 2/27/2010
Browning Buck Mark JMB NRA MS / Steel, Alloy .22 LR Pistol 5.5" 2/27/2010

17+1
07-26-2010, 5:34 PM
Here you go:

Most don't even bother.

When will Glock replace the 3rd gen with the 4th? Timeframe?

Thanks in advance.

Malthusian
07-26-2010, 6:20 PM
Only a few models are available as Gen 4. There is a rumor the Glock 21 Gen 4 is out, but I have not verified it. I hope to get a look at it tomorrow. LEA are getting the first models. They still need to roll out all the models. I would think another year, maybe two.

Several of the models are due for renewal this November and Dec. (Some sooner, but I doubt they will discontinue anything this soon) If they renew, which I think they will. There should be another year and a half at least.

When the first Glock falls off the roster. I am sure you will read about it on Calguns. Nothing goes unnoticed around here

Maybe by then the court case will have moved forward

Here is another parallel thread about the Gen 4 Glocks

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=323124

There is a post about an email from Glock citing the ridiculous hoops that CA requires and their Gen 4 Intentions
Ke6quj also discuses how the Gen 4 was judged to be different, as such a LCI and magazine disconnect would be required to be considered for submission to the roster
Their is no mention of Gen 3 being discontinued

yet

Table Rock Arms
07-26-2010, 6:24 PM
Not to worry. There is a lawsuit pending right now that may do away with the roster. Also, I have already sent my paperwork to ATF to get my 07 FFL in Oregon, and if the lawsuit does not work out I will be making single shot conversions for the more popular non roster guns.