PDA

View Full Version : 'Top Shot' looking for Shooters

CGN Staff
07-22-2010, 3:46 PM
The History Channel series 'Top Shot' sent this in an email to Calguns.net asking that we post it for them.
It would be fantastic if a Calgunner were able to get on the show!

If you are skilled with a pistol, rifle or any other firearm, you could win $100,000 in prizes on season 2 of History Channel’s hit competition show TOP SHOT. Producers are looking for anyone with mind-blowing shooting skills and a big personality to take on exciting physical challenges with multiple guns and mystery projectile weapons.It doesn’t matter if you’re a professionally trained shooter or a self-taught, average Joe (or Jane!). As long as you’re in good physical shape, have mastered a firearm and can adapt to new weapons and demanding physical situations, you could be America’s next “Top Shot.”

APPLY TODAY!

To apply, email TopShotCasting@gmail.com with your name, city/state, phone number, a recent photo of yourself and a brief explanation of why you should be on the show. Deadline to apply is August 12, 2010. For more information, visit www.pilgrimfilms.tv and click on “CASTING” or call 818-478-4570 for more information TODAY!

* Applicants must be at least 21 years of age, a resident or citizen of the United States and reasonably proficient with shooting and marksmanship

darksands
07-22-2010, 4:16 PM
That's awesome! Hopefully someone gets in on this.

anthonyca
07-22-2010, 4:19 PM
Calguns is a major national force. I am glad to be a contributor and a member of this site. That would be so great if a member made it on.

RogueSniper
07-22-2010, 7:36 PM
We should start nominations!

Better start practicing with a bow (that episode looked tough), single action, muzzzleloading/black powder, and better start training weak handed shooting.

santamonica9
08-04-2010, 11:16 PM
We should start nominations!

Better start practicing with a bow (that episode looked tough), single action, muzzzleloading/black powder, and better start training weak handed shooting.

i nominate you :60:

I like how you think!

NaughtyMonkey
08-08-2010, 10:39 AM
Dam I'm not 21 yet. Next year! Lol.

serpicoish
09-01-2010, 10:25 PM
It's a great show, for a drama queen. Pure bull****. Might as well have a "Shooters of New York City" to go with it.

YourHuckleberry
09-01-2010, 10:29 PM
It's a great show, for a drama queen. Pure bull****. Might as well have a "Shooters of New York City" to go with it.

Well hey sunshine!

Temptd2
09-15-2010, 3:52 PM

I enjoyed each and every episode of Season One and look forward to the next season! :D

Hickok 45/70
09-21-2010, 6:01 AM
When will Season II start? I have all 10 episodes of Season 1 on Tivo I am really glad to see a program that shows a positive view of guns and ammo.

a79flhrider
09-25-2010, 5:15 AM
Well, I applied, late but I applied for a standby position. I don't care for the in house bickering but the challenges look like fun. If not this year, maybe next. This could be my big break, I'm gonna be famous!

sharkman
09-27-2010, 8:18 PM

After seeing the first 3 episodes, I made my prediction for a winner, based on who most acted like a man, and could "man-up" in the face of the preponderance of petty B.S. that was going on.
I guess I predicted well, as the guy I chose won.
Not everyone was a drama queen, but there were certainly more of them, than there were real men. I guess that is what the producers want, though, as that adds "drama" to the show. For me, though, it was a good show, because it did present shooting in a very positive light. I'd love to see a Hogan's alley in season2, though.

shooter777
10-04-2010, 12:40 AM
Hickok 45, well known Youtube video blogger put his application in to The History Channel to participate on the show. Since he is a Calgunner, I am pulling for him.
I hope to be able to shoot pistols as well as him someday.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IefechYa-kw

it's in there somewhere. the vid's actually a glock22 gen4 review but he talks about it. he mentions a 10-15% reduction in muzzle flip on the new one....

glockman19
10-14-2010, 7:18 PM
I'd love to try out but my wife informs me that because of her being "in the business" I would be disqualified.:(

swat
12-08-2010, 12:22 PM
Most "Reality Shows" like this follow a pretty set formula for selecting participants. You know a couple of White guys, a couple of minorities, women, a guy dude, and of course an outrageous verbose agressive personality who the public grows to hate. It is pretty much formula. So if you fall in in one or more of those categories you might have a shot. It doesn't hurt to be photogenic either. A relative of mine works on a "Reality Show"

SuperSet
12-30-2010, 6:57 PM
Has anyone heard if any CalGunners made it? History Channel said that the new season starts Feb 2011 so obviously, they're already done filming.