PDA

View Full Version : Official 'Bee Canyon' Clean-up site!!.// Next Clean-Up[ Saturday , March 19 , 2016

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

Eat Dirt
07-22-2010, 3:45 PM
This is the Place ...........

The Official Bee Canyon Clean-Up Thread

We are in need of some Volunteers

With a few rakes and shovels , A little sweat , and a few pick-up trucks ...WE ..... Can make a difference !!!

NEXT EVENT;;;MAY 9 // Saturday 8:00 AM

CANYON # 3

LUNCH WILL BE PROVIDED !!!!!!!!

Our Bee Canyon threads have been looked at by other Forestry People and they know WE are responsible shooters ,, Safe Law abiding People that Clean up !!!!
I know myself I've seen posts here where someone went shooting and they posted that they " Brought out a few bags of trash

Way to go Guys !!!!
It's making a difference
Between a area that will be shut down OR a shooting area that forestry looks at and "" Hey ,, these guys are making an effort here to keep this place going ""

Bee Canyon has Long been part of Hemet's History
Let's make sure it's in Hemet's future !!!!!

For ALL to enjoy / Like my Grandpa used to take me out there decades ago
Let's have a Clean place for today's parents to take their sons and daughter to enjoy some quality time and learn gun safety

VOLUNTEERS ,,,,,,,,, FRONT AND CENTER !!!!!!

retired
07-22-2010, 5:21 PM
I'll be there. I may not be able to do much because of my physical limitations; but I can give orders real well and supervise.:D

famas619
07-22-2010, 6:34 PM
Count me in.

NovaTodd
07-22-2010, 8:17 PM
I'll do my best to be there.

Ron-Solo
07-22-2010, 10:10 PM
I'll be there. I may not be able to do much because of my physical limitations; but I can give orders real well and supervise.:D

I see your bad back, and raise you a bum knee. Guess that means I'm going to the Ontario show on Sunday. :cool:

Plus, I outrank you buddy. :D

Eat Dirt
07-23-2010, 8:36 AM
Hey.. The more people there the better

I've been sending out P M's this morning about this

Let's keep the ball rolling

AndrewMendez
07-23-2010, 9:33 AM
Eat Dirt, great idea, I would love to help out at the event. However, I will not be able to make this event. I will be in San Diego for the Build Party! Way to take charge!

Eat Dirt
07-23-2010, 6:03 PM
Another member here " Bigred " contacted me with a Great idea::

How about a "" Cal-Guns / Bee Canyon Clean-up T Shirt""

The Cal-Gun Volunteers would all be Looking Sharp !!!!

He has a contact in the Biz.!!!

retired
07-24-2010, 4:05 PM
I see your bad back, and raise you a bum knee. Guess that means I'm going to the Ontario show on Sunday. :cool:

Plus, I outrank you buddy. :D

Only because I had to retire 7yrs. ago. I'd probably be a General by now if I hadn't.:p:D

Plus, I have a bad knee too.

Ron-Solo
07-24-2010, 6:05 PM
Only because I had to retire 7yrs. ago. I'd probably be a General by now if I hadn't.:p:D

Plus, I have a bad knee too.

LMAO! :D

I'd prefer we both had good knees, good backs, and all the ammo we wanted!

ChuckSteak
07-24-2010, 10:44 PM
I'm in.

Let's keep this going.

Single Six
07-25-2010, 8:54 AM
Let's go.

Timer
07-25-2010, 9:29 AM
Went to bee canyon yesterday for the first time, it needs a clean up. Count me in next time

Eat Dirt
07-25-2010, 1:05 PM
Looks like we're getting some good people together for the meeting

Next Saturday 9 AM / July 31
Thanks Guys !!

Let's get a list going ::

1. Eat Dirt
2 Retired
3. Ron - Solo
4. Famas 619
5. Nova Todd
6. Chucksteak

ANYBODY ELSE ??

Single Six
07-25-2010, 5:35 PM
1. Eat Dirt
2 Retired
3. Ron - Solo
4. Famas 619
5. Nova Todd
6. Chucksteak
7. Single Six (maybe some buddies too)

Timer
07-26-2010, 3:05 PM
Timer and ocprerunner are in for the clean-up day don't know if we can make it out for the meet but if you pm me or ocprerunner with the clean-up date we will get out for that

ChuckSteak
07-26-2010, 6:41 PM
1. Eat Dirt
2 Retired
3. Ron - Solo
4. Famas 619
5. Nova Todd
6. Chucksteak
7. Single Six (maybe some buddies too)

I believe the meeting this upcoming Saturday is just a planning meeting (correct me if I'm wrong eat dirt). So if you are bringing buddies to clean up you might want to wait until the actual clean up date is set. I'm sure your buddies are more then welcome to join the meeting though.

Single Six
07-27-2010, 11:15 AM
Just found out I have a funeral to go to Sat. Sorry.

Eat Dirt
07-27-2010, 7:27 PM
Just found out I have a funeral to go to Sat. Sorry.

Wow ,, I'm sure that's more important

We totally understand when something like that come up

-----------------------------------------------------------

Let's keep this list growing ................

Anyone else interested on showing up on Saturday ???

Single Six
07-27-2010, 7:38 PM
I know, it's just frustrating when you organize something like this and lose people.

I was gonna suggest posting notices in your local paper and at the ammo counters/gunshops....since it's easier for locals to come help.

novabrian
07-27-2010, 8:10 PM
Is this a clean up only or will shooting be done?

Eat Dirt
07-27-2010, 8:15 PM
I know, it's just frustrating when you organize something like this and lose people.

I was gonna suggest posting notices in your local paper and at the ammo counters/gunshops....since it's easier for locals to come help.

I'm going to wait on that till after the Saturday meeting
So We'll have an real Date on the calender and more info and input from other people

Eat Dirt
07-27-2010, 8:20 PM
Is this a clean up only or will shooting be done?

This Saturday at 9 AM is a group Meeting ONLY ...
To throw out some ideas on How to clean -up the canyon

Now if you want to come on by and check it out ...
Then after ....put a few downrange ..... Why not !!

Ron-Solo
07-27-2010, 8:32 PM
I think they finally shut down shooting for the remainder of fire season throughout the San Bernardino National Forest.

Call the Idyllwild Station before doing any shooting. It has gotten REALLY DRY up there since last weeks heat wave.

The meeting still set for 9 AM?

NovaTodd
07-27-2010, 8:45 PM
Can I get directions? I've never been out that way before. I'm coming from the 60/215 area.
Thanks

Eat Dirt
07-27-2010, 9:07 PM
Can I get directions? I've never been out that way before. I'm coming from the 60/215 area.
Thanks

The Meeting is STILL set for 9 AM This coming Saturday

To get to Cranston Ranger Station
from your location::

Drive down the 215 past March A F R Base
At Ramona Expressway Offramp go East / left turn
Follow the Ramona Exp. ALL the way into the Hemet Valley
Stay on this road till it ends...............

You will be at Florida ( Hwy. 74 )

Turn Left
go about 3.5 miles and Cranston Ranger station will be on the right
Lots of nice shade trees to hang -out under

Biggred
07-28-2010, 5:10 AM
just don't go on the net much. Eat Dirt, I called you yesterday, I've some info on the t-shirts. My friend and maybe my son will be there with me and I hope a bunch of folks show up. See you Saturday, and if it's not too hot and not shut down already, dang skippy we'll be up in the canyon shooting after.

7.62 FMJ
07-28-2010, 3:45 PM
I'll be there Sat. Morning.

Eat Dirt
07-28-2010, 9:02 PM
Here's the list for the " Clean -Up Meeting" so far....

1. Eat Dirt
2 Retired
3. Ron - Solo
4. Famas 619
5. Nova Todd
6. Chucksteak
7. 7.62 FMJ

Czechsix
07-29-2010, 8:14 PM
just don't go on the net much. Eat Dirt, I called you yesterday, I've some info on the t-shirts. My friend and maybe my son will be there with me and I hope a bunch of folks show up. See you Saturday, and if it's not too hot and not shut down already, dang skippy we'll be up in the canyon shooting after.

damn, working on the slackers list here too :thumbsup:

I can't make it, waiting on a couple of replacement stub shafts for the ford.......grumble

Eat Dirt
07-30-2010, 8:44 AM
Well.... Tomorrows the day for the " Meeting under the Trees "

Anyone else going ???
It will be a Great time to meet other local 'Cal-Gunners'
and throw out some ideas to help the canyons

1. Eat Dirt
2 Retired
3. Ron - Solo
4. Famas 619
5. Nova Todd
6. Chucksteak
7. 7.62 FMJ

SReagle
07-30-2010, 12:34 PM
I will be working tomorrow, however let me know when the actual clean up Date & Time and I will do my best to be there, who knows maybe the job will cancel.

ChuckSteak
07-30-2010, 10:01 PM
See you all tomorrow morning.

Who's bringing the doughnuts? :drool5:

retired
07-30-2010, 10:55 PM
See you all tomorrow morning.

Who's bringing the doughnuts? :drool5:

It is usually the first person that brings it up.:p:D From my many years in le, I have acquired an affection for glaze please and none of that Krispy Creme junk.;)

Eat Dirt
07-31-2010, 6:30 AM
It is usually the first person that brings it up.:p:D From my many years in le, I have acquired an affection for glaze please and none of that Krispy Creme junk.;)

Oh No !!!! ........... A Douhnut Expert .... A Pro ........

See you guys soon .... I'm hav'in my morning Cal-Gun and Coffee

ChuckSteak
07-31-2010, 7:10 AM

I'n not counting this post as it was clearly past your bed time.:eek:

j/k

ChuckSteak
07-31-2010, 7:10 AM
Oh No !!!! ........... A Douhnut Expert .... A Pro ........

See you guys soon .... I'm hav'in my morning Cal-Gun and Coffee

Just got my pot brewing. See you there.

ChuckSteak
07-31-2010, 7:19 AM
I guess I might as well ask here since we are local.

Does any here have experience assembling AR lowers? I have a stripped lower and a parts kit that is in need of assembly and I don't have the tools or the experience. It's my first AR and I don't want to screw it up by trying to assemble it myself without the hands on know how and the proper tools.

Thanks.

Eat Dirt
07-31-2010, 6:26 PM
MEETING REPORT ::

Well.... I now have some time to post about today's meeting
First I want to send out a BIG Thanks to all the Cal-Gun gang that gave up part of a Saturday to come on out

Things went GREAT !!!!!!!!!!
The meeting went from 9:00 till almost noon
( Wife thought I went shoot'in without her !! )

Lots of exellent ideas were thrown out there
Everything from Bee-Canyon Clean-Up T-Shirts ( Great Idea Biggred )
To getting local stores to donate , Water , Tools , gloves , Ect.

So far the Penciled in date of the clean-up is OCTOBER 9 TH

I know this a Way's off ,,, But ,,, there is a lot things to get lined up
But .......... This Will Happen !!!!!!!

Here's a list of todays group ::

BIGGRED
NOVATODD
SHOOTIST01
RON-SOLO
FAMAS619
rETIRED
7.62 FMS
CHUCKSTEAK

Also 2 Foresty OHV guys that are really on board to make this happen

As I get more info. I will post here

ChuckSteak
07-31-2010, 8:04 PM
Thanks for organizing this Eat Dirt. Let us know exactly needs to be done in the next steps and we can volunteer as needed. I'm ready to go talk to store managers and try to get sponsors but I don't want to do that until we get clearance from the higher up's here at calguns for the non-profit side of things. An official letter head would be great.

If you do any face to face and want someone else to tag along just let me know and I'll try to be there.

iambrian
08-01-2010, 5:46 PM
Dang it sorry i missed this.. i've never been to bee canyon but this'll probably be my local spot.. I'll definately be there for the next clean up, or before. Any pics?

ChuckSteak
08-01-2010, 6:08 PM
I saw Eat Dirt taking a few pics. Maybe he'll post them sometime soon.

the_donald_
08-09-2010, 2:12 PM
Count me in for Oct. 9th

Zen Mechanic
08-23-2010, 8:20 PM
So sorry I missed the meeting. I've been in Texas for the past several weeks due to my mother passing. If I can get the time off, count me (and possibly a few others) in for Oct. 9th.

Anyhow...I see on the SBNF website that BC is still open. From past experience, the website has been pretty accurate. A few friends and me are thinking about heading out there on Wednesday afternoon...anybody care to join?

retired
08-23-2010, 10:09 PM
So sorry I missed the meeting. I've been in Texas for the past several weeks due to my mother passing. If I can get the time off, count me (and possibly a few others) in for Oct. 9th.

Anyhow...I see on the SBNF website that BC is still open. From past experience, the website has been pretty accurate. A few friends and me are thinking about heading out there on Wednesday afternoon...anybody care to join?

Sorry about your loss Zen; I lost mine in Feb., I believe I know what you are going thru. Take care.

Zen Mechanic
08-24-2010, 7:06 AM
Sorry about your loss Zen; I lost mine in Feb., I believe I know what you are going thru. Take care.

Thank you for the kind words.

shin_en
08-26-2010, 11:59 AM
Sorry for my ignorance, but is the range currently open? i'm thinking of going sept 4th, and with the heat i'm not sure if it is closed (when is fire season?)

thanks!

zeke2517
08-27-2010, 7:51 AM
I am in to help out on Oct 9th. Keep me informed.
CG IE Local.

eric.c
08-27-2010, 2:10 PM
ill be going on sep4th for the first time as well. glad i found out here that theres a dumpster at the ranger station. now i can take more trash when i leave then i originally planned to. guess ill be packing the car haha. hopefully the ranger station isnt too far.

inbox485
08-27-2010, 2:39 PM
ill be going on sep4th for the first time as well. glad i found out here that theres a dumpster at the ranger station. now i can take more trash when i leave then i originally planned to. guess ill be packing the car haha. hopefully the ranger station isnt too far.

I'd suggest calling ahead. It has been a weird year, and it did rain the last couple days, but the area is normally closed by this time of year. I don't have the number handy, but Eat Dirt might.

PistolS&W
08-27-2010, 7:59 PM
I'd suggest calling ahead. It has been a weird year, and it did rain the last couple days, but the area is normally closed by this time of year. I don't have the number handy, but Eat Dirt might.

my first post and glad i can be of use. the ranger stations number who you need to ask for target shooting closures is 909-382-2922 lately theyve been keeping it open till atleast 1pm i dont think its been closed once so far this year to my knowledge. other then last weekend it was open but unaccessable due to some one dumping a Trailer sleeper deal and completely blocking the entry temporarily

also i noticed on another bee canyon page that was older that Eat Dirt said they might be closing the Hellipad to target shooting. from the mouth of some sort of supervisors whome i met while shooting from there was that theyd rather us shoot down below because theyve had issues with the soboba indians shooting at people up there. not sure if theres any truth to it but thats the story i got.

and finally im 100% in on the next cleanup just say the word and im there. also keep in mind that you can ask any ranger patrolling for trash bags and theyll happily give you some nice heavy duty bags and just leave them at the roadside and theyll grab them later.

kenny

Zen Mechanic
08-30-2010, 9:06 PM
I spoke to the rangers at the Idylwild station today and they said at their ops meeting today it was mentioned that it will be closing soon. They are waiting on the official order to come in from the Forestry Service. She mentioned that it will be open for a few more days and fire season will be in full force. She said to watch the SBNF website and look for updates there. In the past, it seems like they close it on a Saturday. We'll see.

PistolS&W
08-31-2010, 4:25 PM
i hope it stays open atleast a couple more weeks so i can play with the new glock... but lets say it closes... where else can one shoot in the area? i know of one place where i thought it was legal and people shoot there alot but according to a BLM map it was not in the BLM zone so it may be off limits.

does anyone know the status of the land at the south end of state street accross the street from dimaond valley golf course and behind the lake? i was told that was BLM land. but riverside county sherrifs told me to never shoot there again and my rights were violated(not going to get into it) but id like to avoid future problems.

eric.c
09-03-2010, 2:50 PM
yea i called them this morning since i was planning on going out there sunday and they are definitely closed to shooting. friday 9/3 is the last day. i'd also like to know if anyone knows some land around there thats ok to shoot at. PM me too!!! my plans for sunday have been shut down due to the closing so any help would be appreciated.

zeke2517
09-05-2010, 7:56 PM
Since the Bee Canyon Reange is CLOSED for FIRE Season. Cant we all head up there and clean it 100% before next season!? maybe take some before and after Pics, make some good PR about it?

PistolS&W
09-05-2010, 8:09 PM
Since the Bee Canyon Reange is CLOSED for FIRE Season. Cant we all head up there and clean it 100% before next season!? maybe take some before and after Pics, make some good PR about it?

not a bad idea. also i was thinking why dont they have signs letting people know that they should pick up all trash including shotgun shells and brass. i think alot of people just leave trash not realizing what they are doing is wrong. they see others have left trash so maybe its ok.

i know alot of them will just become targets but if the signs were on the edge of the road as you enter the different little shooting spots that might solve alot of that. id put some money towards nice steel signs to be made. we would only need 10 or so.

they could say "please take all targets and trash with you" then on the bottom in fine print "This sign provided by fellow shooters"

not set in stone, just an idea. what do you guys think? how long would the signs survive?

If you guys think it might be a good idea i can call and pitch the idea to the ranger station and we can go from there.

Ron-Solo
09-05-2010, 10:23 PM
There is a clean up being arranged with the USFS. There are a lot of things that must happen for this to work. Stay tuned to this thread for more info. Volunteers WILL be needed.

The USFS doen't want to put up signs because they just get destroyed by irresponsible people.

PistolS&W
09-06-2010, 9:04 AM
ok ill stay tuned for the upcoming cleanup. but as far as the signs i think it can be setup in such a way to minimize damage. i have some experience in dealing with vandalism and making it as hard as possible for the vandals to destroy what ever the thing is. placement is key here.

in my job ive fixed the exact same said item up to three times a week that has been destroyed from vandalism. its very aggrrivating but it still NEEDS to work so ill fix it 100 times if they break it 100 times.

but i think in the long run it would be worth it if even a few people see the signs before they are destroyed.

thats potentially 3 less busted TV's being tossed every time they go shooting and three less propane tanks and three less oceans of shotgun shells spread accross the area.

inbox485
09-06-2010, 9:47 AM
There is a clean up being arranged with the USFS. There are a lot of things that must happen for this to work. Stay tuned to this thread for more info. Volunteers WILL be needed.

The USFS doen't want to put up signs because they just get destroyed by irresponsible people.

How about some nice thick signs filled with tannerite. :eek:

Kidding of course. I have wondered if setting up hunting cams to try to get license plates of dumpers and mail them their 10k fines in the mail would be worth it.

Ron-Solo
09-06-2010, 9:07 PM
There is a unique situation regarding land ownership along the road to Bee Canyon that must be considered. This was explained to us by the USFS Ranger in charge of the area. He was very informative and helpful and will be assisiting us with the cleanup.

Until I went to the meeting, I figured we could go in with a bunch of guys and trucks and tale care of business. Do to some complexities with laws and property ownership/access, it isn't that simple. But Calguns will be doing a cleanup this fall before the rains get here.

I do like the tannerite and hunting camera ideas though........ :)

zeke2517
09-06-2010, 11:36 PM
It sounds like we could get a good turnout of shooters!! Honestly, i have never been up there. . Is is accessible for a 10 wheel dump truck
I could move some serious trash!!

PistolS&W
09-07-2010, 3:55 PM
It sounds like we could get a good turnout of shooters!! Honestly, i have never been up there. . Is is accessible for a 10 wheel dump truck
I could move some serious trash!!

well technically its a fire road that SHOULD be able to have fire trucks drive up and down. as far as current conditions i think youd atleast be able to access some shooting locations theres one dip that might pose a problem but if you really wanted to get all the way through its nothing a shovel and 30 minutes cant fix with a few hands.

zeke2517
09-30-2010, 7:05 PM
Truck and Shovel . .standing by!
I know you are dealing w ALOT of govt. agencies and logistics to figure this out, But I have a crazy schedule, and i cant do last minute things, but w enough notice i can get any day off to help.

dougncrew
11-16-2010, 8:47 AM
Did this ever happen? Can we schedule another?

dougncrew
11-19-2010, 2:07 PM
I guess no one is thinking of cleaning this anytime soon? Where else can I help out in so cal?

serrogate
11-29-2010, 11:27 AM
im gonna head out shooting soon and i always try to clean some up when i go.

of course now i know to leave the brass for "Eat Dirt"

inbox485
11-29-2010, 12:00 PM
There is a unique situation regarding land ownership along the road to Bee Canyon that must be considered. This was explained to us by the USFS Ranger in charge of the area. He was very informative and helpful and will be assisiting us with the cleanup.

Until I went to the meeting, I figured we could go in with a bunch of guys and trucks and tale care of business. Do to some complexities with laws and property ownership/access, it isn't that simple. But Calguns will be doing a cleanup this fall before the rains get here.

I do like the tannerite and hunting camera ideas though........ :)

Ping for status update...

jrobgood
12-07-2010, 2:48 PM
I was up in Idyllwild for Thanksgiving and took my daughter out to the other recreational shooting area near Lake Hemet in the Garner Valley flats. The ranger in the Idyllwild station gave me directions and helped me mark up the map I brought in with me. The day after my daughter and I went shooting, we stopped back in to reaffirm that I'd been in the right location, as some of the landmarks were less than obvious, and the ranger's response was:

"I'm not entirely sure about that particular landmark, because the last time I was up there I was focused on picking up all the trash. But it should be pretty obvious from all the brass and stuff everywhere... and the shot up trees" (Note: he was not being sarcastic or angry, even though it looks that way as I write this.)

This really made me feel their pain, since this was coming from an educated, dedicated civil servant who is probably underpaid and overbureaucratized. His takeaway from our particular recreation of choice was that other people mess up the area and fill trees with lead. (BTW: Shooting trees is illegal on public lands, so that's of course another really visible ding against us and our ability to continue to enjoy BLM land.)

So... long story short, let's keep up the volunteer days, and/or maybe figure out a way to earmark some donation monies to support the National Forest / Park / BLM areas.

junko p
12-08-2010, 9:04 PM
Next time you set this up could you cross link it in the LA OC IE chapter section? I grew up in hemet and I wish I had been able to participate, and I am just now seeing this thread.

inbox485
12-08-2010, 10:28 PM
Next time you set this up could you cross link it in the LA OC IE chapter section? I grew up in hemet and I wish I had been able to participate, and I am just now seeing this thread.

It hasn't happened yet. Last word was there was some red tape to work through. Was supposed to happen in the fall.

dougncrew
12-10-2010, 3:13 PM
I am wanting to help so I will keep watching this thread for updates.

Ron-Solo
12-11-2010, 12:30 PM
Dealing with the Federal govt is difficult. Until we get an official clean up approved, I just bring out a couple of extra bags of trash with me.

If we all do that, it will help. Always leave it cleaner than you find it.

junko p
12-12-2010, 11:46 AM
I know someone who is in charge of of volunteers for the Cleveland NF... maybe they can help us out with their counterpart for the SB NF.?

msand951
12-25-2010, 11:26 AM
Merry Christmas, local Calgunners. Has anyone been up there after the rain. How is the shooting trail. Worried about getting stuck.

Eat Dirt
12-31-2010, 3:33 PM
Merry Christmas, local Calgunners. Has anyone been up there after the rain. How is the shooting trail. Worried about getting stuck.

Not too Good right now !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f365/eatdirt76/CIMG3360.jpg

Single Six
01-01-2011, 1:00 AM
Hey, now that looks like fun!

JasonU71
01-01-2011, 1:02 PM
If another clean up of Bee Canyon comes up count me in!

Eat Dirt
01-07-2011, 4:57 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bee Canyon rd. fixed / Shooting canyons Open .........

Just got back from the canyons
They took care of the bad stuff

Still leave your 64 Impala at home / Just a little bumpy

msand951
01-07-2011, 6:09 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bee Canyon rd. fixed / Shooting canyons Open .........

Just got back from the canyons
They took care of the bad stuff

Still leave your 64 Impala at home / Just a little bumpy

Thanks for the head up. Eat Dirt. Ill make sure too Hit my Hydro switches to raise my impala on the way in.:D

DDH .45
02-04-2011, 11:05 PM
....just moved back to Cali from a more "shoot friendly" state and wanted to check Bee Canyon out, is it still open....i'd love to help out with the clean-up if its going on still...we used to take tarps w/us to shoot on! worked great for brass....and motivating the less intelligent!

Had a big group of....thugs that were always leaving a mess behind till they saw us tarp up our gear, after that they were real 'quire boys' ...LOL, any who please let me know whats the latest news on Bee Canyon

Thanks!

Eat Dirt
02-05-2011, 8:14 AM
Still Open ...

The roads are fine ... just a little bumpy . few ruts here and there ,,No 4 X 4 needed

I only live a few miles from there and try to post road conditions and news about the canyons

wormtosser
02-23-2011, 5:57 AM
Hey Dirt,

Went into the Canyon and did some shooting (first time in 20+ years!) Monday. Thanks for your help in clearing up the rules, etc. I did manage to pull out 1 more bag of trash than I generated.

For the sake of myself and any other simple-minded folk, is there a reason we can't just go up there and do it? If we can go up and shoot and then clean up, why not not go up and shoot, and clean up just a little more? If we don't make a big issue of it, what's to stop the public from accessing and cleaning up public lands? Skip the signs/coordination with 10 different agencies - just take some trash bags and throw them in the backs of our trucks?

I don't mean to burden you - you do way more than your share - so if it's more trouble explaining than it's worth, just say "trust me WT, you don't wanna know" and that will be enough said.

BTW I'm in love with my new (to me) H&K USPc 9 and the way JHP's blow out the backside of a honeydew.

WT

Eat Dirt
02-23-2011, 8:24 AM
Hey W T ....

Glad you had a good time out there and thanks for helping out with the Trash problem
If only every shooter would take a bag or two out.......
I get so Pissed when I go there and the last shooter was too lazy to even take their empty ammo boxes out with them / they just leave them on the ground

Since more Cal-Gun people have been going out there I've noticed that the canyons are staying somewhat cleaner as a hole
Even the rangers have noticed it and told me how much they appericate our efforts
For a while there .....There was talk about shutting the place down because of the trash problem
But now,,, with the help of others like you / It should be there for a log time to come
Enjoy you new shooting spot !!!!!!!!!!!

jrobgood
02-23-2011, 9:12 AM
...is there a reason we can't just go up there and do it? If we can go up and shoot and then clean up, why not not go up and shoot, and clean up just a little more? If we don't make a big issue of it, what's to stop the public from accessing and cleaning up public lands? Skip the signs/coordination with 10 different agencies...

I think the biggest reason to coordinate is:

1. To motivate volunteers, as it becomes a social event
2. To publicize the effort to the BLM so as to change the perception of our sport and open more access (both in physical location and number of days per year) for this purpose

bootless
02-23-2011, 11:46 PM
I was there the other day and hauled some trash out. The place really does look a lot better than it did a couple of years ago. Next time there is an official clean up count me in and pm me.

wormtosser
02-24-2011, 6:28 AM
I think the biggest reason to coordinate is:

1. To motivate volunteers, as it becomes a social event
2. To publicize the effort to the BLM so as to change the perception of our sport and open more access (both in physical location and number of days per year) for this purpose

Both good - It would be great if #2 would come to fruition - especially if Forest Service from SBNF (that's Nat'l Forest land, not BLM) convinced the Forest Service in Cleveland Nat'l Forest to open up some spots. Bee Canyon is an hour and a half drive for me!

Eat Dirt
03-06-2011, 11:10 AM

TO ALL THE LOCAL CAL-GUN PEOPLE ::

There is going to be a Local Cal-Gun event right down the road at :

Temecula Rod Run - March 11-12 - VOLUNTEERS NEEDED

Calguns will have a Booth @ the Temecula Rod Run - March 11 and 12
Date and Time: March 11th "Friday Night Cruise Night" 4 to 8pm and March 12th "All day Saturday 7am to 5pm

WE NEED HELP - We Need Volunteers!!!

Here's the link to the Thread ::

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...42#post5945142

COME ON GUYS .........A GUN BOOTH AND A CAR SHOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dannyboy797
05-09-2011, 8:10 PM
any update on this cleanup? i just went out there today, took my family for a drive, all the lanes are filthy. there all littered with shells, targets, empty boxes. i just found this place and havent had a chance to shoot there. i would be down for a clean up. Update please.

GUNNTZ
05-09-2011, 8:17 PM
All the knuckle heads have come out now that's open again. People just have no idea how to clean up after themselves. Us CG'ers need to step in and start planting signs to aid clean up before they shut it down. Came out with two trash bags of crap last time and hardly put a dent in the mess.

Eat Dirt
05-09-2011, 8:46 PM
I've been out there the last 2 days trying to do a little clean-up

I go out in the late afternoon / Yesterday we got everything from a shot-up VCR to a neat throwing clays box of empty shell boxes ( That somebody was too lazy to take out )

***** HERE'S A TIP *****

When you go shooting out there ,,,
You can dump ALL shooting trash over at Cranston Ranger station / FREE
They want us to use them

As you leave the Canyon road and head West on Hwy 74
you will pass over the bridge at the riverbed
Then the entrance into the Ranger parking lot will be on your Left
After turing in ... Make a Hard Right ,,,, Follow the paver road to a storage yard and the 2 dumpsters are at the fence

Dannyboy797
05-09-2011, 9:15 PM
Thanks, I'm taking a rake and some trash bags when I go back. I'll clean my lane before I start up. Shouldn't take more than 20mins.

Single Six
05-10-2011, 6:44 AM
I wish I was closer....

GUNNTZ
05-10-2011, 7:34 PM
Huh didn't know they would let us use their dumpster. I dumped the trash on a local gas station and the guy had a less than pleased look on his face, even though I bought 20 gallons of diesel...thanks for the tip eat dirt.

cbsdd00
05-17-2011, 6:26 PM
I went this last Saturday and cleaned up a bunch of cardboard and ammo boxes that people left behind. Does anyone want to get together one of these days and clean up a bit out there? I usually have wed and thurs off from work. I'm prob gonna go out ther this fri morn do a little shooting and take some stuff out again. Wish people were cleaner and more respectful.

kmo43
07-05-2011, 8:55 AM
Just went here for the first time this past weekend with a couple friends... We drove to the very top and there was a great spot we spent some time at... We couldn't help but notice the trash people leave behind so we filled a few trashbags full when we were finished. I plan on doing this whenever we go... Wish people were more respectful! Nice spot nonetheless...

Eat Dirt
08-30-2011, 10:09 PM
BEE CANYON WILL BE CLOSED AFTER TOMORROW NIGHT

Went out to the canyon to do a little plinking and met one of the local rangers .
Was informed that it will be shut down for shooting for the Fire Season as of tomorrow night / There was 2 fires in the county area yesterday !

It will re-open after the end of the Hot fire season weather / Usually November

msteel
08-30-2011, 10:51 PM
Bummer, but probably for the best. Our area out here is a friggen tinder box in the oven at the moment. :sweatdrop:

Chaos47
08-31-2011, 2:36 AM
Thanks for the heads up Dirt!

msand951
08-31-2011, 12:59 PM
Thanks Eat Dirt Im planning on taking the jeep out this weekend.:)
Explore a easy trail . To start with.

Eat Dirt
08-31-2011, 2:36 PM
Thanks Eat Dirt Im planning on taking the jeep out this weekend.:)
Explore a easy trail . To start with.

The North Fork stream is still flowing
Really nice up there

repubconserv
08-31-2011, 2:53 PM
BEE CANYON WILL BE CLOSED AFTER TOMORROW NIGHT

Went out to the canyon to do a little plinking and met one of the local rangers .
Was informed that it will be shut down for shooting for the Fire Season as of tomorrow night / There was 2 fires in the county area yesterday !

It will re-open after the end of the Hot fire season weather / Usually November

Since this is the "clean-up" thread.... will there be a next clean up? I just hauled a half a bed full of trash out of there yesterday... but it didn't even make a dent on the trash, just in my area

Eat Dirt
08-31-2011, 3:07 PM
Since this is the "clean-up" thread.... will there be a next clean up? I just hauled a half a bed full of trash out of there yesterday... but it didn't even make a dent on the trash, just in my area

Nice !!!!!.Thanks

Which canyon were you in ??

I went out at 6:00 ( 1800 Hours ) to test out my Rhino before the Barstow shoot this weekend

Now that there won't be any shooters flinging rounds around

I was thinking about getting a few people together for a " one canyon at a time " clean-up after the Heat mellows down a little bit

repubconserv
08-31-2011, 3:15 PM
Nice !!!!!.Thanks

I went out at 6:00 ( 1800 Hours ) to test out my Rhino before the Barstow shoot this weekend

I was thinking about getting a few people together for a " one canyon at a time " clean-up after the Heat mellows down a little bit

the 2nd one after the gate. The fall season is kinda crazy for me, but I will do my best to make it to any and every clean up day you guys have

msand951
08-31-2011, 8:47 PM
Um I wanted to stop on way up. to get some shot shells . My wife found a old press and I wanted to test it out on some 12 gauge. So Im hoping you didnt clean it to good. :)

cindynles
09-01-2011, 4:22 PM
Nice !!!!!.Thanks

I'm in. I just hope officer Murrell doesn't show up demanding to see our trash hauling permits :p.....

ctak619
09-09-2011, 8:47 AM
If there is a list for the next organized clean up in the area, please add me. I would love to help out!

pyr02k1
09-11-2011, 2:25 PM
I wouldn't mind lending a hand. Never beento bee canyon, but I did plan to (planned to go on the day after it closed XD). Wouldn't mind lending a hand to help clean it up. let me know when so i can see about getting that day or days off of work.

Eat Dirt
09-11-2011, 2:30 PM
I just got back from a trail ride up there ( Went to North Fork stream and back in the Rhino )

The place sure could use some help

Now .....With the cooler weather
I'll start working on a date to do a small scale clean -up
Maybe just a canyon at a time and haul the trash across the street to the Cranston station dumpsters

lordres
09-11-2011, 6:29 PM
Went out there a few months ago. You could tell where people shoot by the trash piles. We ended up following the path till we got up to the top of a hill. Wide open area, slight breeze kept the bees and biting flies away. The hill area had alot of room for parking, and a short hike was a target area about 110 yards away. There were soda cans, food wrappers, a microwave, all kinds of iron cookware people left as targets. We left taking 3 trash bags and the area was still filthy.

Eat Dirt
09-11-2011, 10:29 PM
Went out there a few months ago. You could tell where people shoot by the trash piles. We ended up following the path till we got up to the top of a hill. Wide open area, slight breeze kept the bees and biting flies away. The hill area had alot of room for parking, and a short hike was a target area about 110 yards away. There were soda cans, food wrappers, a microwave, all kinds of iron cookware people left as targets. We left taking 3 trash bags and the area was still filthy.

That area is called " shotgun flats " or the helio pad

Also doubles as a weekend night-time party spot for the Young'ins

bob7122
09-11-2011, 10:36 PM
how far is bee canyon from garden grove? i would like to camp out and cleanup the whole weekend. and maybe do some shooting.
can i get some sort of address that i can google.

Eat Dirt
09-11-2011, 10:42 PM
how far is bee canyon from garden grove? i would like to camp out and cleanup the whole weekend. and maybe do some shooting.

For shooting :: It's Closed for the fire season

Will reopen in about 2 months
Perfect time to clean a canyon or two

Off Hwy 74 / 5 Miles East of Hemet
just past Cranston Ranger Station

Ron-Solo
09-12-2011, 9:23 AM
Keep us updated. My weekends are booked thru mid October, but want to help.

I'm also available a lot midweek, but don't have a suitable vehicle for hauling trash.

cindynles
09-12-2011, 10:32 AM

For shooting :: It's Closed for the fire season

Will reopen in about 2 months
Perfect time to clean a canyon or two

Off Hwy 74 / 5 Miles East of Hemet
just past Cranston Ranger Station

Go to Google Maps / Google Earth, the turnoff into Bee Canyon is at Latitude: 3344'13"N - Longitude: 11649'29"W

pyr02k1
09-12-2011, 4:33 PM
im in an 84 toyota... rwd only, not lifted, but she can haul trash like a champ. like i said, let me know when and ill do my best to get my shifts switched or a time off request in place for it.

Eat Dirt
09-12-2011, 4:46 PM
Go to Google Maps / Google Earth, the turnoff into Bee Canyon is at Latitude: 3344'13"N - Longitude: 11649'29"W

Thanks for listing that

I've been asked for that a few times

chknlyps2
10-20-2011, 7:53 PM
Taged for when you get something going, even if it is a half day/one canyon clean up.

repubconserv
10-30-2011, 8:13 AM
I am not doing anything this tuesday, anyone want to go to BC and do a little clean up?

Eat Dirt
10-30-2011, 8:23 AM
Sounds like a good idea to me

What time ??

repubconserv
10-30-2011, 8:32 AM
8:30 AM sound okay?

Eat Dirt
10-30-2011, 6:02 PM
Tuesday It Is .................

I went out to the canyons to do a test ride on the Rhino
( had to do some service work on it )
And I ran into one of the Rangers ( Dave )
I told him of the plan and his words were "" Go Ahead .Knock yourself out "

And I even got some Brass ....Strange ,,,The canyons are CLOSED for shooting
The ranger told me they have been writing a good number of tickets for Illegal shooting

It would be nice if we could get a few more hands out there to help

Anyone ..... Anyone there

chknlyps2
10-30-2011, 6:26 PM
Tuesday It Is .................

I went out to the canyons to do a test ride on the Rhino
( had to do some service work on it )
And I ran into one of the Rangers ( Dave )
I told him of the plan and his words were "" Go Ahead .Knock yourself out "

And I even got some Brass ....Strange ,,,The canyons are CLOSED for shooting
The ranger told me they have been writing a good number of tickets for Illegal shooting

It would be nice if we could get a few more hands out there to help

Anyone ..... Anyone there

I ran into Dave today on top of Thomas Mt. He rolled up while I was cutting wood thinking he might make a bust..... I had my permit :43: We talked for a bit and people have been shooting at the spot in the valley near me also but not as much as down by you.

I wish I could come help you guys Tuesday but there is no way I could get away from work.

GUNNTZ
10-30-2011, 8:42 PM
Weekends are the only available time for me, would love to help. Dave "Captain Angry" is usually out looking to bust anyone who sneezes in his direction. Generally, he's just an *** and I wish we could press charges for some of the verbal abuse I have got/seen.

msand951
10-31-2011, 12:07 PM
Weekends would have been good. sorry guys.
I hear you GUNNTZ, Ive decided to go somewhere else to shoot without being hassled.
Im going to stay clear of Bee Canyon.

repubconserv
11-05-2011, 11:28 AM
Well, the clean up of canyon #1 went very well. Anyone called to see if Bee has opened up yet? The first rain and I already went and bought bird shot and clays

chknlyps2
11-05-2011, 11:52 AM
Well, the clean up of canyon #1 went very well. Anyone called to see if Bee has opened up yet? The first rain and I already went and bought bird shot and clays

I just called, The forest wide ban on target shooting has not been rescinded yet. Mario said it will probably be a week or so till the higher ups look into it, he also said with the next storm tomorrow and a bigger one predicted for next weekend it should not be long.

repubconserv
11-05-2011, 1:27 PM
I just called, The forest wide ban on target shooting has not been rescinded yet. Mario said it will probably be a week or so till the higher ups look into it, he also said with the next storm tomorrow and a bigger one predicted for next weekend it should not be long.

Cant wait.... :lurk5:

Eat Dirt
11-05-2011, 8:40 PM

Well...
The Clean-up of canyon # 1 was Outstanding
Repubconserve and myself met out there on Tuesday morning
With my tools and trash hauling containers and his Dodge full size pickup
we put a real dent into the trash in that canyon / took 3 full pickup loads over to the dumpsters at Cranston ranger station

Here's a picture of the end result::

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f365/eatdirt76/beecanyon012.jpg

chknlyps2
11-05-2011, 9:11 PM
Well...
The Clean-up of canyon # 1 was Outstanding
Repubconserve and myself met out there on Tuesday morning
With my tools and trash hauling containers and his Dodge full size pickup
we put a real dent into the trash in that canyon / took 3 full pickup loads over to the dumpsters at Cranston ranger station

Here's a picture of the end result::

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f365/eatdirt76/beecanyon012.jpg

That looks pretty good you guys!

Zen Mechanic
11-06-2011, 8:53 AM
And after 5+ years of being off on Tuesdays & Wednesdays, I went to Sundays & Mondays about 2 months ago. Wish I could have helped you guys out. :(

Eat Dirt
11-06-2011, 10:17 AM
I just called the Ranger Sation up in Idllywild

About if they are going to Open the Canyons for shooting

No Shooting Yet !!!!

They are waiting for Official Word to open up the canyons
I'm sure by next weekend

Eat Dirt
11-19-2011, 1:12 PM
Bee Canyon OPEN ,,,,,,,

As of Saturday Nov 19

Ron-Solo
11-19-2011, 1:55 PM
Please clean up after shooting.

PendulousMind
11-21-2011, 6:21 PM
if anybody is interested I will be up there tomorrow with my brothers shooting. I am interested in helping out on the next clean-up. I will be sure to pick up our mess and more. Hope to see some fellow calgunners tomorrow.

Eat Dirt
11-21-2011, 6:26 PM
if anybody is interested I will be up there tomorrow with my brothers shooting. I am interested in helping out on the next clean-up. I will be sure to pick up our mess and more. Hope to see some fellow calgunners tomorrow.

I'll be in Idllywild tomorrow or else I'd be joining you

Don't forget ,,, you can use the dumpsters over at Cranston ranger station for any trash
Just drive in and turn right
follow paved road and you'll drive right into them

PendulousMind
11-21-2011, 6:40 PM
that's how I did it last time I was there, based on your recommendation I believe. I will try to get some pics after were done.

Eat Dirt
11-21-2011, 9:23 PM
that's how I did it last time I was there, based on your recommendation I believe. I will try to get some pics after were done.

Great ...Any help is Really appericated

Have a Good time out there / Enjoy

Eat Dirt
01-14-2012, 8:48 AM
Bee Canyon Closed

With the Dry condition it will be closed till we get some major rainfall

Off- Roading is still O K

Chaos47
01-19-2012, 6:51 PM
That's a shame thanks for the heads up!

repubconserv
02-14-2012, 5:11 PM
Bump for clean up?

Anyone interested?

Eat Dirt
02-14-2012, 5:52 PM
Bump for clean up?

Anyone interested?

What day works for you ??

I'm up for it

Anybody else ???????????????

SoCal Choppas
02-14-2012, 5:54 PM
I can help clean up any Sunday and got pick up

Eat Dirt
02-14-2012, 5:57 PM
Bump for clean up?

Like Repubconserv and I did the last time:

let's pick one canyon and Rake it up !
I've got about 6 of those heavy Rubbermaid trash cans + Tools

Bowhunter_619
02-14-2012, 7:04 PM
I'm in. What day? I can do Sunday

repubconserv
02-14-2012, 7:06 PM
SoCal, not this coming sunday, but next sunday (feb 26) I am pretty sure is open for me. Other good days are tuesdays and thursdays after 11:00 am. Fridays are good anytime before 3:45.

I went out there a few days ago and was surprised to see large quantities of trash raked into piles... perfect for pickup :D

ETA: feb 26 is good, but I'd have to leave by 2:00...

Darkomkiv
02-14-2012, 7:51 PM
I can help out with some leg work and loading of truck beds. Just lemme know when, Im avail thurs-sunday.

Eat Dirt
02-14-2012, 8:06 PM

I went out there a few days ago and was surprised to see large quantities of trash raked into piles... perfect for pickup :D

ETA: feb 26 is good, but I'd have to leave by 2:00...

Works for me....

Let's Make it Feb 26

Clean -Up At Bee Canyon !!!

Now let's pick a Canyon ::
I vote for the Next to the last Canyon / Long Thin one
There is a Pile of trash already along the road there

repubconserv
02-14-2012, 8:10 PM
That sounds like the pile of trash I saw!!!:D that works for me I hope to see other people there

Eat Dirt
02-17-2012, 9:38 AM
Let's get a list of names going for the clean up

I'll bring the heavy trash cans and tools

tallic68
02-17-2012, 11:21 AM
Is there a time you have planned. I have to pick up my 92fs out of jail that morning at 8 from temecula but I can be there after.

inbox485
02-17-2012, 12:46 PM
I'm booked on Sunday, but if people want to make this a back to back weekend thing (or move to Saturday), I'd love to join in.

repubconserv
02-17-2012, 12:52 PM
Is there a time you have planned. I have to pick up my 92fs out of jail that morning at 8 from temecula but I can be there after.

I'll let Eat Dirt be the final say on this but it'll probably be somewhere between 10 and 2.

Eat Dirt
02-17-2012, 2:33 PM
I'll let Eat Dirt be the final say on this but it'll probably be somewhere between 10 and 2.

Thanks

I'll most likely get there at 9:00 to get set up

And then see how things go

ALSO :

Talked to the rangers today up in Idllywild
The opening of the canyons for shooting are coming up for rew=view on Tuesday !!!

SO

Maybe open by Wensday .........:jump:

repubconserv
02-17-2012, 3:01 PM
Thanks

I'll most likely get there at 9:00 to get set up

And then see how things go

ALSO :

Talked to the rangers today up in Idllywild
The opening of the canyons for shooting are coming up for rew=view on Tuesday !!!

SO

Maybe open by Wensday .........:jump:

http://images.fanpop.com/images/image_uploads/Kip----Yesss--napoleon-dynamite-387390_200_270.gif

As to the list of people, you can add me and a truck

Eat Dirt
02-20-2012, 1:40 PM
If's anyone is interested ... I took my range-finder out the other Day

Was always wondering what the distance in the canyons are

Here's a List ::

Canyon #1... 70 Yards
Canyon #2... up to 150 Yards
Canyon #3... 75 Yards
Canyon #4... 65 Yards
Canyon #5... 90 Yards
Canyon #6...60 Yards on Left Canyon
80 Yards on Right Canyon
Canyon #7... 25 Yards / Smallest of the canyons, Maybe pistol only

From there is the steep grade going up to Shot-Gun Flats

Eat Dirt
02-21-2012, 8:13 PM
I heard it from a relible source::

That's it's going to open TOMORROW........................

I'm going out in the morning

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Eat Dirt
02-21-2012, 8:34 PM
We still could use a few more people to help

Sunday Feb 26

Need to get rid of this !!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f365/eatdirt76/003-1.jpg

SoCal Choppas
02-21-2012, 10:59 PM
I'm in for the 26th, I'll bring shovel and a rake too. Can someone PM me directions or meet at certain spot?

Eat Dirt
02-22-2012, 6:03 AM
I'm in for the 26th, I'll bring shovel and a rake too. Can someone PM me directions or meet at certain spot?

P M Sent ///// We could use the help

Thanks

Eat Dirt
02-22-2012, 10:36 AM
Bee Canyon ....OPEN,,,,,,,,,,!!!!

Just got back !!!!!

The wife and I were the " First " shooters out there

If you go ,,, Bring extra water
It's warm and No shade

repubconserv
02-22-2012, 11:08 AM
Bee Canyon ....OPEN,,,,,,,,,,!!!!

Just got back !!!!!

The wife and I were the " First " shooters out there

If you go ,,, Bring extra water
It's warm and No shade

Is it packed? I might go out tomorrow after my 8:00 class.

Eat Dirt
02-22-2012, 11:16 AM
Is it packed? I might go out tomorrow after my 8:00 class.

We were the first

Left at 10 : 30 and the only other guy ( Who we knew )
Was just coming out

Now tomorrow might be a different story with the Foresty web sight saying " Now Open "

SoCal Choppas
02-22-2012, 1:58 PM
Suh-WEET!! :rockon:

I'll be bringing cleaning Tools and Toys on Sunday!!!!

famas619
02-22-2012, 2:01 PM
Nice, going to try and get out there really early saturday.

drifter2be
02-22-2012, 5:08 PM
Hmmm, I guess I am gonna have to drag my lazy self out of bed instead of sleeping in tomorrow and get there early. I have a target stand that has been sitting for a few months, its about time I got out there and used it.

Eat Dirt
02-23-2012, 1:08 PM
Well........
Let's get a list of names going for the Bee Canyon /Sunday Feb 26
Canyon Clean Up

Meeting at 9:00 AM
Cleaning Canyon # 5 / Long narrow canyon

1. Eat Dirt
2. Repubconserv
3. Amaya1000rr
4. SoCal Choppas
5. Bow Hunter 619
6. Darkomkiv
7. Tallic68 ( maybe )

Anybody Else ??

Bowhunter_619
02-23-2012, 2:38 PM
Are we meeting somewhere else first or just meet at Canyon #5?

Eat Dirt
02-23-2012, 3:25 PM
Are we meeting somewhere else first or just meet at Canyon #5?

If you are there early enough , we can meet up at the staging area ( Dirt area when you first turn off the highway )

OR

You can just drive out to the canyon

mrlonewolf
02-23-2012, 4:15 PM
Well........
Canyon Clean Up

1. Eat Dirt
2. Repubconserv
3. Amaya1000rr
4. SoCal Choppas
5. Bow Hunter 619
6. Darkomkiv
7. Tallic68 ( maybe )

Anybody Else ??

Outstanding...!!!!

Thank you so much to Eat Dirt for organizing and coordinating this effort. At the same time a big Thank You goes to all the fellow Calgunners volunteering and helping to preserve our land.

You guys rock....!!!!!!

drifter2be
02-23-2012, 4:33 PM
Well........
Canyon Clean Up

1. Eat Dirt
2. Repubconserv
3. Amaya1000rr
4. SoCal Choppas
5. Bow Hunter 619
6. Darkomkiv
7. Tallic68 ( maybe )

Anybody Else ??

I would get in on this, unfortunately you are doing it during the few hours my GF is going to have off this week. Maybe next time.

amaya1000rr
02-23-2012, 11:42 PM
Was just out shooting at Bee Canyon yesterday morning & took a load of trash out with me. The area looks much better than the last time I was up there. But there's still plenty trash laying around.

I hope to see you all up there this Sunday for the clean up.

Grizzled Gringo
02-24-2012, 10:29 PM
I was there today, the amount of trash is sickening, I'm surprised the place isn't closed..I wish I had a truck, I could have filled it.

Eat Dirt
02-24-2012, 10:32 PM
I was there today, the amount of trash is sickening, I'm surprised the place isn't closed..I wish I had a truck, I could have filled it.
Which canyon were you in ?
I went there late in the day

Eat Dirt
02-25-2012, 4:33 PM
See You Guys Out There In The Morning

1. Eat Dirt
2. Repubconserv
3. Amaya1000rr
4. SoCal Choppas
5. Bow Hunter 619
6. Darkomkiv
7. Tallic68 ( maybe

SoCal Choppas
02-25-2012, 6:01 PM
Can anyone bring a tarp to line my truck bed??? Otherwise, I'll try to stop by lowes or harbor freight.

chknlyps2
02-25-2012, 6:21 PM
Ron, I am gonna try to make it tomorrow...... will there be shooting after???

SoCal Choppas
02-25-2012, 7:37 PM
I'm shooting, bringing a few toys.... couple of .22lr, 930SPX and clay thrower...as long as it's still open for shooting per Ranger Station

chknlyps2
02-25-2012, 7:43 PM
I'm shooting, bringing a few toys.... couple of .22lr, 930SPX and clay thrower...as long as it's still open for shooting per Ranger Station

Activity level is a 3 for tomorrow so thats a 1 PM cut off time

Eat Dirt
02-25-2012, 7:47 PM
Can anyone bring a tarp to line my truck bed??? Otherwise, I'll try to stop by lowes or harbor freight.

I'm bring some Heavy Dudy Plastic trash cans

I'll bring a few Blue tarps for Ya

Eat Dirt
02-25-2012, 7:49 PM
Ron, I am gonna try to make it tomorrow...... will there be shooting after???

Ya Baby ......................
I'm bringing some steel targets for Fun

People were shooting till Dark Today !!!!!

repubconserv
02-25-2012, 7:53 PM
Ya Baby ......................
I'm bringing some steel targets for Fun

People were shooting till Dark Today !!!!!

How early can one start shooting? I can't shoot after, but if I can before I am going to

Eat Dirt
02-25-2012, 8:05 PM
How early can one start shooting? I can't shoot after, but if I can before I am going to

I'm going to stop by Micky -D's for the Breakfast Special !!!

And head out at 7:00

SoCal Choppas
02-25-2012, 8:13 PM
COOL!! See ya there!

amaya1000rr
02-26-2012, 2:46 AM
Sorry fellas, not going to be able to make it out this morning for the clean up. I picked up extra shift at work & I'm just now getting home. I really didn't want to, but it's hard to say no to overtime when you have bills to pay.

OhDannyBoy
02-26-2012, 4:09 PM
I'm REALLY sorry I missed this today guys. I'm attempting to open my new business by mid-March, and I'm really behind with demolition & construction. Hope to make the next one.

Eat Dirt
02-26-2012, 11:44 PM
What A Great Day !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We Got Rid of that PILE !!!!!!!!!!

First and Formost I want to Give a BIG Thanks to all that helped make a differance today

Repubconserv :: Again this guy came out with his truck and Dug in with both hands

Chknlyps2 :: He and his son + daughter came all the way from Anza to help

SoCalChoppas :: This guy wins the Long Distance award , He came all the way from San Berdo to help

Here's a Pic of the Motely Crue::::

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f365/eatdirt76/004-2.jpg

The picture of the Old Canyon is on post # 157

Here's what the Canyon looked like when we were all Done :::::

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f365/eatdirt76/006-1.jpg

As were putting everything away at the end of it all The Ranger came by and was " Blown Away " by the job we did !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Told us that just the other day the District Ranger ( Big Boss ) was making a tour of the area and thought the canyons were staying a Lot cleaner ( Has a lot to do with Cal-Gun shooters helping )
Then they saw that pile and asked " What about that !!!!!!!!!!!! "
She told her boss "" that will Be Gone Sunday ,, A crew from Cal-Gun was coming out to take care of it ............................""

chknlyps2
02-27-2012, 8:09 AM
We still could use a few more people to help

Sunday Feb 26

Need to get rid of this !!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f365/eatdirt76/003-1.jpg

What a difference, it was nice to hear that the district boss is being made aware of the clean up. It will help keep the place open!

Thanks Eat Dirt for getting this together, it was cool meeting new Calguns friends and putting a face to a name. Had fun shooting after too!

Thank You Repubconserv and SoCalChoppas for haulling the loads to the dumpsters.

Eat Dirt
02-27-2012, 8:32 AM
Almost forgot to add a 'Thanks " to our mystery helpers ........

As you look at the group picture there some people in the background
It was two young couples that drove by looking for a canyon to shoot in

They asked if they could shoot at our canyon as we were all busy with the " Pile "

I told them we doing a clean -up and the canyon was closed
They said " Can we help and then shoot after ? "
SURE >>>
They joined right in with the rakes and shovels

There are still some good people out there

repubconserv
02-27-2012, 11:14 AM
It was a fun day of clean up, and I got a nice pile of firewood out of the deal :D You just cant beat that!

Then they saw that pile and asked " What about that !!!!!!!!!!!! "
She told her boss "" that will Be Gone Sunday ,, A crew from Cal-Gun was coming out to take care of it ............................""

That is awesome.

We are forgetting to thank another person... A big thank you to Eat Dirt for organizing it, bringing supplies, trash cans, tools, and of course helping to load all of the trash.

SoCal Choppas
02-27-2012, 7:16 PM
It is a pleasure meeting everyone...hope to see ya at the next clean up and hope to see more new faces!

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-g4Fg01DsIeI/T0xUeDgqJqI/AAAAAAAAAG4/OEOkPkmIOPE/s640/IMG_4913.JPG

mrlonewolf
02-27-2012, 8:49 PM
Awesome....!!!!!!!

A Big thank you goes to all the Calgunners who kindly volunteer for this effort.

Keep up with the good work guys.

Respectfully.

Lonewolf

Eat Dirt
03-07-2012, 8:23 PM
Well ........
That last Canyon Clean-Up was a Great success
Cleaned up 1 canyon
Let's do it again

Canyon Clean-Up Sunday March 18

We'll pick one canyon and make a differance
Had a great time with everyone last time
Put in some elbow grease/ Cleaned up one canyon
Then had some fun plinking

chknlyps2
03-07-2012, 8:51 PM
I would like to help again as long a my schedule permits. I called the guy I know at the Idyllwild ranger station and got the phone number for Cranston ranger station so we can coordinate with them to have the dumpsters not so full. Weekends are about the only time I have off and I will bring my truck next time to haul loads to the dumpsters.

SoCal Choppas
03-07-2012, 10:57 PM
I can only do Sundays..have to work the other 6 days

Eat Dirt
03-08-2012, 6:54 AM

You were a Great help on the last one
Work comes first .................

chknlyps2
03-09-2012, 7:19 PM

Sundays are usually good for me.

Single Six
03-09-2012, 9:37 PM
How about this sunday? Anyone?

Eat Dirt
03-10-2012, 7:24 PM
Date Change on Canyon Clean -Up

Just moving the Clean Up to SUNDAY the 18 th

Going to hit the 3 ed Canyon / Here's the picture as of today

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f365/eatdirt76/030.jpg

chknlyps2
03-10-2012, 7:34 PM
Sunday the 18th it is!.... 9 AM again?

Eat Dirt
03-10-2012, 7:39 PM
Sunday the 18th it is!.... 9 AM again?

Correct -a-Mundo............

Meet
9:00 AM at the 3ed Canyon / shooting spot

I'll Bring the Rakes and Shovels and Heavy Rubbermaid Waste cans
From that picture it might not look like much .. But it's over a large area

chknlyps2
03-10-2012, 7:58 PM
Cool, I will bring my truck, a couple cans and some tools.... and a helper or 2.

Who else is in?

amnano
03-12-2012, 11:46 AM
My wife n I will try to switch our days off from work to make it out there. We stumbled upon u guys atty your clean up n would really like to help out again. This time we will b ready. Assuming the job permits.

jhoveln
03-12-2012, 1:33 PM
Eat Dirt,

Although I just PM'd you, I thought you had told me it was on Saturday. If it's Sunday, I'M IN!!

Eat Dirt
03-15-2012, 7:36 PM
Clean-Up Cancelled Because of RAIN

After watching the weather report today ...It's going to get really WET out there in the Canyons
And with Years of going out there , I can tell you it get's Really nasty out there after the rains
I don't want anybody getting their truck covered in Mud or sliding into a ditch or getting stuck
Bud enough getting rid of Trash /// But " Wet " Trash ......No-No

Let's rescheduled for APRIL 1 / Sunday

Eat Dirt
03-15-2012, 7:42 PM
Here's a Picture from Today / Canyon # 2

---------------------------------------------------------------------

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f365/eatdirt76/002.jpg

the86d
03-16-2012, 4:03 AM
Damn, is it people that just drink there at night, or is it shooters leaving all that trash?

Either way some people need a swift backhand.

repubconserv
03-16-2012, 10:07 AM
Damn, is it people that just drink there at night, or is it shooters leaving all that trash?

Either way some people need a swift backhand.

both... and then there is also the people who just go out there to dump trash. either way, yes backhands are warranted for most

chknlyps2
03-18-2012, 5:36 PM
http://i1098.photobucket.com/albums/g375/chknlyps2/SANY0083.jpg Glad we changed days, this is what I woke up to, 5 1/2 inches that turned to 6 1/2 by noon

Eat Dirt
03-18-2012, 5:52 PM
MAN..................That has to be the biggest dump up there in a while

Hope you don't have to break up the table and chairs to throw them into the fireplace to keep warm

chknlyps2
03-18-2012, 6:00 PM
MAN..................That has to be the biggest dump up there in a while

Hope you don't have to break up the table and chairs to throw them into the fireplace to keep warm

I think around february of 06 we had 21 inches but since then we have had a few 6 in storms but that is it. The others this year were only 4 inches.

I have plenty of wood cut ;)

quaildog1
03-18-2012, 8:58 PM
I remember riding off-road bikes up Bautista Canyon with my dad through the snow in the 80's. We stopped up around Anza to help dig out a truck stuck in a drift. We went on into Anza for gas since we might not have had enough to make it back to Hemet. Anyway, we stopped in Mountain Center to warm up and then down the front of the mountain. It was dark before we got down the hill and man was it cold!

repubconserv
03-18-2012, 9:18 PM
I was surprised at how low the snow came. I went hiking out in bautista canyon today and it didn't take me long until I got up into 1.5-2 inches of snow... then there was the wind and hail on the hike back :eek: that was cold

shootaholic
03-19-2012, 11:22 AM
How bad was the lower two bee canyon sites hit? I want to go shoot Wednesday and haul out some of that crap. But I have just a car right now.

Eat Dirt
03-19-2012, 2:48 PM
How bad was the lower two bee canyon sites hit? I want to go shoot Wednesday and haul out some of that crap. But I have just a car right now.

You will have NO problem at all.
Just got back .
There are 2 good size mud puddles just as you leave the staging area( Large Oak tree on the left )
But the rest of the road was just Dragged today . I assume buy the guy that ownes the orchard above as I have seen a Lot of containers up there . Need the road in somewhat good shape to move the trucks in and out of the orchard
for picking time

Eat Dirt
03-24-2012, 8:44 AM
Still doing A Canyon Clean-Up

Sunday April 1 /// No Fool'in

9 :00 AM at Canyon # 2

I'll bring The trash cans to take stuff over to the dumpsters

chknlyps2
03-24-2012, 8:51 AM
Still doing A Canyon Clean-Up

Sunday April 1 /// No Fool'in

9 :00 AM at Canyon # 2

I'll bring The trash cans to take stuff over to the dumpsters

Be there with my truck to haul some loads to the dumpsters, I will call Cranston Station to make sure the dumpsters will not be to full and to expect us.

chknlyps2
03-28-2012, 6:58 PM
I called Cranston Ranger Station earlier this week and the dumpsters should be pretty empty, there is no construction going on like last time.

SoCal Choppas
03-28-2012, 8:36 PM
Sorry Guys, got Prado Running Gun on Sunday. I'll try to make the next one.

Eat Dirt
03-28-2012, 8:40 PM
Nice, going to try and get out there really early saturday.

Going to have a Canyon Clean-Up / This Sunday
Canyon # 2 / 9:00 AM

Then Plinking After

Like Always / You're invited

RON

repubconserv
03-28-2012, 9:03 PM
My family is having Easter Dinner Sunday, but anyone who is free should go!!! It's a fun time to get to know fellow Calgunners, and plinking is always fun.

Sorry I can't make this one, but next one I will definitely try to get to.

PendulousMind
03-31-2012, 7:18 PM
See you guys up there early tomorrow, I will have a couple shovels, rake and some large outdoor trashbags, Let me know if anybody needs anything else.

Eat Dirt
03-31-2012, 8:31 PM
Clean-Up Moved to Canyon 3 !!!!

I guess a group from the " City Of San Jacinto "
Cleaned up Canyon #2 /// What are the Odds that would happen !!!!

I just got home from putting up the caution tape

If we need more room for trash , We can dump some at Double-Check Dumpster . I asked Dave during the week and he said it would be O K if we need to dump a few Trash cans there

Zen Mechanic
03-31-2012, 9:09 PM
I'll see you guys there. Looks like my friend had to bail as it is his wife's birthday, but I'll bring my truck, rake and some bags.

Beto
Murrieta/Winchester/French Valley

D Harry
04-01-2012, 8:45 AM
My family is having Easter Dinner Sunday

But Easter is April 8th

Zen Mechanic
04-01-2012, 8:50 AM
:mad:
Sorry guys...was all loaded up last night and ready to roll; then I got called in to work at 6am.

repubconserv
04-01-2012, 10:21 AM
But Easter is April 8th

Next week the majority of my cousins will be at the bottom of the grand Canyon... Unfortunately I could not convince the family to help for Bee canyon clean up.

Well all of you have a good time cleaning today, and I hope to see everyone again next cleanup

Eat Dirt
04-01-2012, 10:12 PM
Had a GREAT day in the canyon !!!

Just "Thanks" isn't enough .
People who give a Sunday Morning , Lend a hand . And put in some Elbow Grease for a good cause/ Clean up a Canyon so all can enjoy a nice shooting area

Here's the Before Picture
It may not look like much Trash ...But If you zoom in on the picture , There is a Lot of junk out there in the long canyon, Metal. Paper ,Wood ,Glass ,Flat screen T V

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f365/eatdirt76/001-2.jpg

Here's the After Picture

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f365/eatdirt76/006-2.jpg

Eat Dirt
04-02-2012, 9:23 PM
Here's a picture of the " Keepers Of The Canyon "

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f365/eatdirt76/010-1.jpg

The Group consisted of : Junior Chknylps , Chknylps 2 PendulousMind and jhoveln and some Bum ............
Couldn't of done it without you guys !!!!!

After The work was done we all had a great time plinking and enjoying the day ..

At the end of it all ,, I gave away metal Spinner targets and some Bowling pins ( To be used elsewhere ) that I had found in the canyons over time to the guys that helped out

Ron-Solo
04-02-2012, 9:35 PM
Thank you guys for your hard work.

I am in Arizona still helping with my grandson who had surgery on his foot Friday. Try keeping a four year old still.

I did get to go to a few spring training games with my oldest grandson and see him play Little League. He got to meet Hall of Fame pitcher Gaylord Perry who posed for a picture and signed a ball for him.

My grandson and I hauled out two bags of trash from canyon two three weeks ago, and barely made a dent. It was all my car could hold.

Eat Dirt
04-02-2012, 9:39 PM
Thanks for help'in out RON
Every bit does really help .

Gaylord Perry ...........Wow .......Cool / meet him once , Years ago
Did you have to wipe the Vasaline off the baseball after he signed it ..:eek:

Ron-Solo
04-02-2012, 10:24 PM
Naw, he said he doesn't do spitballs. He almost said it with a straight face too. :rofl2:

Jim "Mudcat" Grant was there too, but I didn't get a chance to get him to sign anything.

jhoveln
04-23-2012, 5:50 AM
Let me know when the next clean up is going to be. I enjoyed the last one.

the86d
04-23-2012, 9:59 AM
Let me know when the next clean up is going to be. I enjoyed the last one.

Since going my first time, I KNOW it needs it.

Same here, I would like to lend a hand (assuming we can do some practice first, or after..).

Eat Dirt
04-23-2012, 10:18 AM
Hey Gang .................

How about another Canyon Clean-Up

May 6th / Sunday 9:00 Am
With 'Plinking ' after.................

chknlyps2
04-24-2012, 7:30 PM
I get called into work some times on saturdays but I will do my best to be there. I will bring my truck, some cans, tools and a helper. I will call Cranston also and make sure they have no construction going on that might fill the dumpsters.

Eat Dirt
04-24-2012, 7:39 PM
How about a Cinco De Mayo CLEAN-UP !

No Sombreros Required

repubconserv
04-24-2012, 7:57 PM
I probably can't make el cinco de mayo, if anything is needed though, I would be happy to try and help (even if it just a case of water).

DavidR310
04-26-2012, 8:07 PM
Hey Eat Dirt, me and my gf are down to help out. Thanks for letting us use the streamlight at the zombie shoot too:)

drifter2be
04-26-2012, 10:26 PM
I'll be going out there tomorrow morning, I only drive a Subaru WRX, but I always make sure to load up what I bring and fill up a 30 gallon trash bag as well when I go out. I gotta make it to one of these clean up days eventually, but I already have prior commitments for the 5th.

Eat Dirt
04-30-2012, 4:21 PM
Hey Gang .................

How about another Canyon Clean-Up

May 6th / Sunday 9:00 Am
With 'Plinking ' after.................

Sunday .........Sunday ........ Sunday

Moving the Clean-up day to SUNDAY

So we can get more helpers

Weather should be perfect !!!!

Eat Dirt
05-01-2012, 9:55 PM
Still look'in for a few more to help in a one Canyon Clean-Up

" Plinking " after the work is done

repubconserv
05-02-2012, 8:09 AM
Come on people, it'll be fun.... you even get to meet me... :D

chknlyps2
05-02-2012, 4:20 PM
Also think of it this way, you get a reserved place to shoot!....... I know there are more people that want to help!

Eat Dirt
05-02-2012, 6:04 PM
Also think of it this way, you get a reserved place to shoot!....... I know there are more people that want to help!

That true .......... I get there at 7:00 Sunday Morning to save the spot

Where are all Hemet Cal-Gun Members ???

Curtis
05-02-2012, 6:28 PM
I would like to join in. I'm not 100%. Can someone provide direction?

Curtis
Curtiscoombs@gmail.com

Eat Dirt
05-02-2012, 6:30 PM
I would like to join in. I'm not 100%. Can someone provide direction?

Curtis
Curtiscoombs@gmail.com

Great .......I'll send you a P M

Eat Dirt
05-03-2012, 9:37 PM
Just went out today and Surprize .............

The road has been smoothed out !!!!!

Ready for this SUNDAY'S Clean-up

Looking for more helpers

tincan53
05-04-2012, 10:52 AM
Count myself, my wife and our friend Josh in for Sunday. We'll be there at 0730. We're from San Jacinto and Josh is from Hemet!!! We'll bring racks and task bags. Who's bringing coffee and the fat pills (donuts)? Just kidding about the coffee and donuts!

Eat Dirt
05-04-2012, 12:37 PM
Count myself, my wife and our friend Josh in for Sunday. We'll be there at 0730. We're from San Jacinto and Josh is from Hemet!!! We'll bring racks and task bags. Who's bringing coffee and the fat pills (donuts)? Just kidding about the coffee and donuts!

Fantastic .........

Glad to have your help !!!!!!

I'll get there at 7:00 to 'Grab' the canyon

Eat Dirt
05-04-2012, 12:41 PM
Who's bringing coffee and the fat pills (donuts)? Just kidding about the coffee and donuts!

I'll bring the Donuts / I go right by there almost everyday

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm Donuts...............................